MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Your foresight agrees with my hindsight. It should have been obvious, but optimism took over. We can always hope, but exchanges seem to be quite a wild ride. In any case I agree (now).

14 Likes

Just to note the abc, that you should only put coins to exchange when buying and selling. Hold them on a BTC address that is Omni compatible. Omniwallet is useful but always know your private key… on exchanges you are liable to third parties.

4 Likes

+1, not sure why anyone would leave money on an exchange. It’s the easiest way to get hacked or scammed. So many scammy exchanges out there. Leaving anything on them is tempting fate. Get your money in and out as quickly as possible!!

4 Likes

depends how you trade. If you are daytrading you kinda want to have a little kitty there always. Although even then it’s wise to keep your main stash separate. If you just buy and HODL though there is no question… do those buys then move it to a wallet. Exchanges are not like crypto bank accounts!

3 Likes

Good advice. This should be pinned.

2 Likes

I understand that the price of MAID isn’t the point of this project, but not being on a reputable, high volume exchange is going to be a missed opportunity in the next 8 months. The potential of increasing MAID value during the next BTC run outside of major markets is small. There seems to be hesitation in pushing MAID onto exchanges before SAFEcoin comes into existence. But again, for the teams financial position, another BTC bull run is a looming opportunity for all alts - one that should be planned for.

8 Likes

if it was me I would be unloading that loaned MAID ASAP on trex. Or at least whatever is needed for a very long runway well past Fleming. This is a very weak link in the chain now having only 1 exchange. I think it is best for the company to remove themselves from the risk of anything going wrong there.

2 Likes

All depends on liquidity, they can’t dump on folks if there isn’t heavy buys coming in. I think it best they dump time to time when the price looks appealing. Ideally + $.10 cent USD range seems to be where we set the baseline to figure out runway. Obviously if we see runs up to $1.00+ again I hope they be a little more liberal with their dumping if we have that kinda growth again haha.

1 Like

I get a feeling that someone is stuck in a short position and want the price to go down. :slightly_smiling_face:

not at all. Just saying from their perspective if something happens with this one last market for MAID there is no real way to fund the project. MAID is a respectable price and BTC is sky high. This is the time to say ok thank you for all that extra runway and exit.

That said, of course I would love to buy some cheap if they really push the price down :smiley:

2 Likes

I always have have a filter for reading comments from day-traders which have alot to gain from short term changes in the market, you should see inside my head it is like an auto correct on a phone. :grinning:

But for the discussion I think price is too low, we also have HitBTC, close to Fleming and Maidsafe probably sells in chunks not to affect the market and selling so they make it to Fleming, then price goes up and they can sell more for long runway.

1 Like

One or more of the weekly updates randomly might spur investor interest. Not sure what kind of update… or when. But there must be some kind of force being expected to be had, that basically is the epitome of an increase with regard to this project. Whatever that force is must be called forth before a renewed increase happens—even if it goes back down again from possible unexpected error/flub. That plus liquidity would provide dev selling confidence. Anyway just spilling my thoughts.

1 Like

selling in chunks is fine as long as you have a market to go to every so often. Right now that situation is perilous. I don’t think it’s worth risking the whole project for some maybe crypto gains. When you have 2 or 3 good exchanges you can at least say well they won’t all go down at once. Now we are down to 1 or 2 (if you count HitBit as a major exchange.) At some point you gotta say this is to risky for what I am doing. But I guess in the end it’s up to them what they want to do.

2 Likes

In the run up to the public testnets, is anyone willing to sell me ÂŁ5 worth of Maidsafecoin (around 49 coins) so that I can have a proper fiddle with it and do some bugfixing once it goes live? I can pay Fiat, GBP, bank transfer in the UK. Happy to send first to anyone with trust level 2.

17 Likes

I recon with the work you are doing we can sort that ourselves @Shane We will get @sharontannahill to pay you 100 coins for your input to date. Not a payment, just a recognition. No rush we will do it when testnets with farming launches.

36 Likes

possible stupid qestion as it doesn’t state on the website but is it possible to store my Maid on my Tessor nano s?

Also what exchanges can i buy more Maid on now?

Thanks

1 Like

Assume you mean ledger nano s? It is technically possible as you can send your MAID to the BTC address but you will then have difficulties getting them off as you will have to extract private keys. Best option is trezor in combination with omnitrezor. I use Bittrex to do my MAID purchasing

8 Likes

The only network people will stay invested in when all crypto goes down the drain:

Are we a crypto safe-haven? :grin:

15 Likes

I’ve signed up for Bittrex. They’re European so hopefully that’s a good sign.

3 Likes

haha, yes ledger. Thanks for the info. I don’t intend getting a tezor also , so is there a more simple android wallet I can use? I thought I had on my mycelium wallet before , but doesn’t seem to show up now i’ve put on my new phone, maybe more recent version isn’t compatible.

1 Like