MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Did you restore your wallet on your new phone when you installed it using your old passphrases?

1 Like

Hi @TERROR,

see here how to setup a hot wallet for storing MAID:

[How To]: Buy/Move/Store OMNI MAID :safe: hardware and software wallets

2 Likes

yes, i still have the old phone and wallet also, except iā€™ve taken all the btc i had on it off, so i think iā€™ll have to put a bit back to pay the fees to move the Maid (if thatā€™s the way it works)

Maidsafe is doing better than the dow jones over the past 4 days.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:sweat_smile:

:woozy_face:

10 Likes

In the equities market they are worrying that the Dow is down 11% in a week. That happens daily in the crypto world. They wouldnā€™t have the stomach for Maidsafe or any other crypto yet.

9 Likes

Collapsing oil price + collapsing yield curve (inversion) + Virus (scapegoat?)= hard to see how any kind of rally//bounce can get started on Wall St.

Perhaps if something blows up in the middle east to drive crude oil higher?

Ta-da ā€¦ #CoincidenceTheory

2 Likes

The markets were getting frothy anyway. People love to point to a single incident and associate all blame to it. However, it is usually just the hair that broke the camelā€™s back - a trigger.

It will be interesting to see how much of a pull back there will be in the coming days.

2 Likes

IMO the markets have to get back to July 2019 levels. Since then itā€™s been all froth and bubbles without even considering the virus. A lot of commentators were saying the markets were overheated in October 2019. Tesla ??? Cā€™mon you have got be joking

But how much is a reflection of monetary inflation? They make sure markets always go up in the long term, even if their relative value remains static.

Having experienced the financial crisis in 2008, when people were shouting about the sky falling, I remain more skeptical these days. Panic grips people and they can easily become irrational. Yes, 2008 ushered in Bitcoin and many things changes, but life mostly just went on as normal for most people.

We must remember that money has to slosh somewhere. It also tends to get drawn towards investments that give good returns. Sure, people flee to safety in the interim, but not in the long term.

The ā€œsafe havenā€ assets arenā€™t necessarily safe during a crash. In 2008, the precious metals crashed too because investors needed to sell anything of real value they could get their hands on to cover their losses. Perhaps the recent downturn in the stock markets with selloffs in bitcoin follows a similar correlation. My guess is that if the market tanks another 20%, Bitcoin could tank harder. Cash is king in a crash (real paper cash, not 1ā€™s and 0ā€™s in your online bank account). Not financial or investment advice, just IMO based on past experience.

5 Likes

I guess the printing presses will be going past double speed now. Thatā€™s the only hope. But that only pushes the issue down the road a bit

2 Likes

I remember emptying my bank account into cash in 2008. I felt a bit daft, but I later read that they were about to lock down the accounts, so it felt somewhat justified.

However, we canā€™t underestimate what the authorities will do to prevent or defer collapse and we have to plan with that expectation. Buying gold and pickles and moving to a bunker in the expectation that they will do nothing is probably not the best option. Itā€™s not impossible that they will stand back, but not likely either.

I think the big banks are more primed to print money than they were at the time of the 2008 crash. While cash will still be king during the main downturn my guess is that gold wonā€™t be hit as hard as back then (though mining share may be). I wouldnā€™t wait too long to but some gold as when that train leaves the station this it will be at light speed. And that may occur over a weekend when markets are closed (favorite Fed trick is to announce major initiatives when markets are closed). Even Goldman came out and predicted $1800 an ounce this year.

2 Likes

Always worth a bump :slight_smile:

This may not be so true this time aroundā€¦

1 Like

Cash is just as much an illusion of value as crypto. These days its not backed by anything. All that keeps its artificial value up is people trade it around AS IF it had some intrinsic value.

SAFEcoin is going back to the good old days where your ā€œcashā€ truly represents a token of something, albeit data storage not bars of gold.

That said in the zombie apocalypse I donā€™t think you will get to far with even that. When S*** hits the fan the real currency will be guns and bullets :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

guns, bullets - plus the ability to do actual work

5 Likes

Gold and Silver may play a role too :slight_smile:

1 Like

15 posts were split to a new topic: Iā€™ve made a wallet on omniwallet.org should my Maid show up as maid or will they still look like BTC?

Looks like another unexpected sale on Maidsafe.
General drop in crypto prices, bitcoin seem to be leading this because of the virus.

Choices, buy more pasta or buy more crypto?

1 Like