MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

theres like a zillion ppl following the maidsafe account. it should just pop up when I search for the exact name. Ok got it from that link! I should have thought to just try editing the URL when twitters search feature was not working.

Ya a tipbot also comes with the responsibility of people are going to basically be giving you their MAID to hold on to. I mean its hard to say who you can ever really trust on that but I would say best chances are with a veteran community member that has shown substantial motivation for the pie to grow rather then steal a piece :slight_smile: Question is are you up for that. You know if it ever goes down 500 people are going to harass you to wake up at 3am and prove their funds are safe :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone already posted a link to see a rank of the BTC address that have the most MaidSafeCoin. Does anyone have it? Thanks.

here you go. . . . .

3 Likes

Thank you for your reactivity :wink: !!!

1 Like

When Fleming would be released today, where would we go in price terms? Would be cool to hear some estimates. I think we would be on the way to 2$ - 3$ :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The reaction would be interesting.

No change in price would mean no one is watching.

A jump in price would give a huge confidence boost in terms of attractiveness to traders, someone is watching.

…

5 Likes

If it goes there, I will faint

4 Likes

Many investors who were caught in Maid and did not join the bull run in 2017 are now looking for an exit opportunity. I’ll be glad if we reach $ 0.7. With MVP and Safecoin sky is the limit.

It depends so much what you can do with the Fleming. I know it is not about storage, but about passing messages. But I don’t know if it is going to be about passing some user generated messages like SMS/Twitter/email -type of messages, or only the messages that the network itself needs to pass for it to work, such as PARSEC related stuff, information about nodes joining leaving etc. (Maybe someone from @maidsafe could comment on this?)

If there is something to play with, then I think it will draw more attention and this will rise the price more. If there is not anything to play with, then the price will rise, but less so, because then Fleming is interesting to smaller audience only - and for a shorter duration.

EDIT: I mean when PARSEC was released about a year ago, I was FOMOing and bought in at about a top price. It’s been downhill ever since. I think that’s because there is not much appeal in PARSEC for any wider audience, as important as it may be otherwise.

6 Likes

I think you mean the PARSEC white paper, the codebase has only recently been production ready as in all bugs we could find being killed off.

12 Likes

Yes @dirvine that’s what I was thinking about.

Can you comment on the content of the Fleming? There was talk about the M and V of the MVP in the Funding thread. @opacey suggested that the Minimum could be command line, you say that Viable is secure and autonomous, but what is the Product? I know it is a network, but what can be done with it? Could I possibly send a message to someone with it? Or is it more like Crust test a while ago, that I can just join and leave and follow others joining/leaving - and follow the metrics of the network?

3 Likes

Fleming itself is a proof of a decentralised network with routing nodes from home. It won’t do much apart from that. Minimum in this case is so minimum there is no app for users. It is to prove certain security aspects, We can add some apps, but likely not as we will march to the P of the MVP part if you like. All the frontend apps depend on more than Fleming will offer as an API (No data) and we will push right thorough to get to Maxwell with data, safecoin and apps. i.e. Fleming is extremely important and an important milestone, but is much more like the crust test but for longer and to test much more. Fleming is the thing that was seen as impossible by many and that is a great step.

20 Likes

I predict a slight 5-10 cent bump, short lived too if crypto does not go bull market(which it might). But I don’t expect these massive 3x-5x gains like many do instantly(unless a big whale decides to pump n dump. Most speculate on maid/alt coins without even paying attention to the actual underlying products at all sadly. But that is what MaidSafe signed up for when they decided to become a network reliant on “crypto currency” for initial funding :laughing: .

2 Likes

Are you confirming Maxwell will have some kind of test safe coin? I think that will get us moving parabolic style when we are able to at least somewhat gage what one coin will get (of course it should be more in final with more people joining the network but maybe like a minimum to expect)

I expect a short lived bull run from the OGs when Fleming comes out. Might even reach up to the 4k sat range again, but we aren’t gonna necessarily put everyone in profit who bought in the last year. Would not be surprised if it peeks a bit before since Fleming release seems to be a lot of peoples sell date. Now this could be wayyy off if we start drawing in lots of new people again that are excited we have achieved blockchain like qualities with Fleming. I am estimating based on what the group we have now might do, not what a potentially bigger group we could become by then might do.

1 Like

Good to know. What is the stuff it is routing? Data regarding the status of the network itself?

I expect some kind of bull run and this more or less stable bottom price of about 10-15 cents to rise at least 3x. It is never going to be this cheap again - unless if this whole project fails of course.

I wonder when comes the moment that some of these Buterins and Antonopouloses start to think that “Gee, Maidsafe seems to be able to make it work after all. I’m gonna switch over”. Because, if this project is so great that we think it is, then the smartest minds of other projects are going to draw their conclusions, sooner or later, right? And they have enough dough to make the price move? Is Fleming enough for this? Maybe not.

3 Likes

yes exactly what I am getting at. We don’t need a MVP to pitch to antonop-however you spell that… They should be able to see the value of we basically got the secure trustless part nailed down, and that’s what matters most under the hood. If we can just tell the right people what Fleming is going to achieve then the market grows (even more so if they are an “influencer”.) If we just be our little group the pie isn’t getting bigger, and I am just gradually taking all yours 1 crumb at a time with skilled trading :stuck_out_tongue: And also polo takes their cut to and the dev team dumps on you as well to fund their fait paid team… really the only way we can all win, and I like you guys and want us all to win, is if we are making the pie bigger faster then it is getting eaten in these ways.

I think we should see a notable price increase, but there are still a lot of uncertainties about what a Safecoin could value. Especially, the question of divisibility will be crucial. I really hope that Safecoin will be dividable, or its value will be very low…

2 Likes

Actually, on my side the divisibility issue is the only reason why I do not buy more maidsafecoin. I am convinced that the network will succeed but if Safecoin is not dividable, its value will be very low (<1cts) in my point of view…

I recall David hinting that it may be changed to a simple balance, so divisibility would but be an issue. In other words just a Safecoin value, rather than individual data ‘coins’.