Funding for MaidSafe company - update

As MaidSafe approaches VCs and other potential sources of capital, how is the team weighing trading control in exchange for value beyond financing? For example: how much control (i.e. setting priorities regarding the projects direction) would MaidSafe be willing to cede in exchange for financing and strategic alliances/relationships to enable,

I suppose with the right partner, the vision should be aligned, but seldom do people who are already on the same team completely agree. That was more of a rhetorical question in the “food for thought” variety. No detailed answer requested, as I wouldn’t publicly answer in detail so as not to weaken my negotiating position. These are times when everyone could use a rich uncle with no-strings cash to give…

With regards to PARSEC: I’ve been on/attended multiple calls/conferences with so called DLT experts/market analysts as I investigate opportunities for an initiative at work. I always make it a point to ask them about PARSEC. The response is generally the same—they’ve heard of PARSEC but don’t have much to say because:

• They don’t understand PARSEC due to their lack of technological know-how (while lots of people like to talk a lot about DLT, very few actually understand it’s cryptographic underpinnings)
  • PARSEC’s very nature disproves what was long held to be true

Those two things when taken together breed silence until someone(s) who are both well respected and not directly associated with MaidSafe speak up and loudly vouch for PARSEC’s validity. Absent that, people see too much reputational risk to stick out their necks in support of something that remains untested in the wild. Fortunately, these are matters time, good work, and strategic networking (e.g. a number of reputable peer reviews) can surmount.

17 Likes