MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I believe were on a dex. Not sure which one.

2 Likes

Just had a quick look and i believe it was open ledger.

1 Like

Thanks @bones bought already at changelly and everything went smooth :smiley:

3 Likes

feels like we might see single digit MAID soon. The nightmare continues

well someone is selling into that massive wall. I am actually a little surprised it did not disappear as soon as it really had to absorb any sells. If this guy is willing to hold his ground I am feeling pretty bullish about the coming weeks. The fact he is buying some is actually really good. Now he has skin in the game here and motivation to push whatā€™s bought at this price into profit.

1 Like

Current dump seems to be tether news related. Iā€™m slowly buying again, but holding a bit dry to see if this is a significant event :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like a whale buying with a wall setup and then selling at a slightly higher price. Just milking the market.

2 Likes

On top of losing my job, my sister just rashly left the house weā€™ve been in for years, in which to take care of our cardiomyopathy-struck (and other medical madness/conditions) Mom, andā€¦ somehow both me and Mom feel extremely relieved, and literally able to conquer the worldā€”via slow and steady wins the race (by miles and miles), even despite her medical condition. ā€¦

So, seeing ā€œMAID is going to single digitsā€¦ a nightmare [continuing]!ā€ is the most laughable absurd thing Iā€™ve seen in awhile. Go outside or something?

Hopefully everyone else gets to experience freedom, in whatever strange ways. (I think we felt my sis was silently judging all of our actions, she being the extremely odd-one-out in our ex-trio. So, finally, all of both of our actions towards selling the house etc. etc. etc., all seem meaningfulā€”and able to be executed without indecision existing from us; executed without improper communication from a completely incommunicable third family member. ā€¦ SO YEAH, not sure Iā€™m keeping this post forever; but possibly!)

Sorry. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Remember when people here were wishing for 30Ā¢ MAID so they can buy some? :rofl:

So many random memories over the years.

Has been crazy. At least it wasnā€™t boring. Thatā€™s the part I seem to miss the most, just the pure craziness of it all, more than anything.

Forums were at least much less quiet back then. Things seemed right around the corner :disappointed_relieved:

But current MaidSafe update seems promising, IDK

5 Likes

Hey man, I understand your pain. My mother passed away last week after months of struggle with cancerā€¦ It is good that one should not forget that rich or poor his life passesā€¦

The price of a MAID is not so important, the dream for a better world is much more important and SAFE is this dreamā€¦

20 Likes

We are lucky that it is real one.

1 Like

Iā€™m also holding on to this. Price would make financial life easier, the technology I hope would make life better. Iā€™m hoping the SAFENet opens up communication and collaboration and shared computing to solve a lot of problems we all will face, especially the medical ones.

Iā€™m very sorry to hear about your mum.
Thank you for all you hard work during such a difficult period.

12 Likes

Donā€™t worry I am sure you will see big positive changes in your life and in this market soon! Gotta hit rock bottom first so up seems like movement!

2 Likes

yay we moving up. High five to people that were bullish on that big wall. I am flipping a bit for some nice quick profits but HODLing some in case we never visit that price again. would not be suppressed if he steps up. This guy actually seems to want to buy based on not disappearing when people were selling to him :stuck_out_tongue: I think if we keep it above that line long enough he edges up looking for that sweet very bottom MM spot.

1 Like

I get frustrated not being able to see the full poloniex order book in their web interface so hereā€™s a quick script to report how deep it goes.

Open browser
Open dev tools
Navigate to console
Paste in this code

// get data
let url = "wss://api2.poloniex.com";
let ws = new WebSocket(url);
ws.onopen = function() {
  ws.send('{"command": "subscribe", "channel": "BTC_MAID"}');
};
ws.onmessage = function (evt) {
  if(evt.data.length > 10000) {
    ws.close();
    initialData = JSON.parse(evt.data);
    let orderBook = initialData[2][0][1]["orderBook"];
    report(orderBook);
  }
};

function report(orderBook) {
  // see https://docs.poloniex.com/#price-aggregated-book
  // orderBook is an object
  // [
  //   {  (asks)
  //      "0.00002222": "50.1545", (ie price, maid amount)
  //      "0.00002000": "30.6642",
  //      ...
  //   },
  //   {  (bids)
  //      "0.00002244": "10.9842", (ie price, maid amount)
  //      "0.00002300": "0.2434",
  //      ...
  //   },
  // ]

// report total MAID for sale
  let maidForSale = 0;
  let asks = orderBook[0];
  for (let priceStr in asks) {
    let maid = parseFloat(asks[priceStr]);
    maidForSale = maidForSale + maid;
  };
  console.log("MAID for sale: " + maidForSale.toLocaleString());

// report total BTC waiting to buy MAID
  let btcWaiting = 0;
  let bids = orderBook[1];
  for (let priceStr in bids) {
    let price = parseFloat(priceStr);
    let maid = parseFloat(bids[priceStr]);
    let btc = maid * price;
    btcWaiting = btcWaiting + btc;
  };
  console.log("BTC waiting to buy: " + btcWaiting.toLocaleString());

}

The output is

MAID for sale: 11,257,238.603
BTC waiting to buy: 58.313
26 Likes

Edit: not sure if this ā€˜Technical Analysisā€™ is anything more than some automatically generated spread sheets + some copy pasting (look for the differences with his IOTA TA).

12 Likes

This has been an interesting 24 hours. Nice to see MAID way up near the top of the list when you sort by volume at the very least. Finally some good profit making opportunities for people that have been buying on the way down here. I think we are seeing a pullback as those people compete to exit with some gains but once thatā€™s gone we will see another and hopefully even bigger push up. This might have just been testing the waters. Whale sure bought alot to be like oh damn guess I lost thousands of dollars cause that was my entire game :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I built a bot to track large market movements.

ā€¦ One of the first MAID detects was -8% ouchā€¦ Haha

Twitter follow if you like. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I canā€™t seem to search out this bitbotbroadcast handle :frowning: That would be cool if I was out and about posting selfies of the playboy mansion party and see this notification and be like sorry ladies I need to go and drive back to the batcave to make some trades!

Also as a separate idea, if you are into coding twitter bots, I would love if we had a tipbot! I know that would be more work to make a bot that directly interacts with the blockchain compared to just harvesting prices off some website. But if we had one I would include 100 MAID in my shill attempts at friends :stuck_out_tongue: I know I at least will go give a coin a quick look if someone sends me some for free like hey check this out.

Itā€™s following the maidsafe Twitter account, you can find it there. Strange you canā€™t search it.

Tip bot ā€” thatā€™s a massive responsibilityā€¦ not sure, but you have given me something to think about.

Edit: maidsafe has many followers.

Try the web version

https://mobile.twitter.com/bitbotbroadcast

2 Likes