MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

The release of SAFE-Fleming will be a ringing bell, but at that point you’d have to be very quick to get in the market - there just wont be cheap coins available.

2 Likes

It will be a ringing bell that I think will fall on deaf ears. I don’t see much of a price jump from Fleming in the cards. I’m not a whale trying to keep prices suppressed, either, I just think people are generally over crypto projects that are a piece of a good idea, at least ones that aren’t flashy and exciting. Too many people got burned severely during the last crash and I think many are a lot more skeptical, now. I think the fully functional Beta product will be the only point people start to take notice.

2 Likes

I think we need to look at milestones reached not what you call it. With fleming we will have a real decentralized network via PARSEC. Its not like they will have the bugs worked out or fully finnished dev at all yet, but there will be what I would consider a working product. They should just call that beta for marketing purposes and I don’t think they would be unjustified. That said, people that follow this project know whats coming and we might see some increased buying in our community. The real pump will only happen if we can get those people that were interested 3 years ago to check into this forum and see what progress has been made, as well as showing some new people what we got right now or soon with fleming. Big potential here if we all ring that bell.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you that it should be considered a working product, especially much more than most vaporware projects that have a lot more funding. I just don’t think the rest of community will see it that way.

1 Like

ya rly, most of them call it beta right away before they even have a line of code>< We need to shift people’s focus from “awww just another alpha release” to “look what this can actually do now!” and you judge how far along we are and what that makes one MAID worth

2 Likes

Where would we get all the beta testers and convince them to test the network, the early customers…?

MVP, I think you could be right.

Bust we must avoid this…

It is a good marketing strategy. Beta, only to invited members… just like early gmail.

1 Like

Fleming does sound more like a beta, if we all think back to other workplace software projects, Fleming will be more worthy of the Beta tag than the others.

we need like an official day soon to twitter pump this news. I think I will make a new topic to discuss that now:)

I’m trying to figure out why you use the value 50,000

Took these stats a few moments ago.

35 other people have exactly 50,000 maids.

979 addresses have 50,000 maids or more.

there are 16,000 addresses.

If you have an address with 50,000 maids or more, you are in the top 6% of addresses.

Here are the top 10 addresses.

Here is the 100,000+ club. At only $13,000 the membership at the moment is quite cheep.
Only 4.4% of addresses have 100,000 coins or more.

I think 50,000 is more than enough.

Edit: Can’t upload a zip file to forum, so have create this download link to the csv file I used.

safe://maidsafe.stats/stats-20190319_18_29.zip

Also here is the API call for the data in JSON format.
https://api.omniexplorer.info/ask.aspx?api=getpropertybalances&amp;prop=3

4 Likes

@Zoki That last group is mostly 1,000,000+ I don’t see any screenshots of the 100,000 range

1 Like

I made a mistake.

Im zero blind.

Edit: Have edited original post

1 Like

Or someone has 1.75 million MAID spread over 35 addresses.
I’m sure some smart guy has used http://graphsense.info/ or something similar on this Maidsafe address data already.

1 Like

Ordered addressees, largest to smallest.
Log10 plot.

1 Like

So this was more just random logic, zero science applied. I was figuring a 5-7k investment makes sense for people who believe. I also doubt that, that many people all bought 50,000 coin blocks, more likely one owner has decided to store in 50,000 coin blocks. The real point of the matter also is at these prices if you are a real speculator with real money, a 100k swing gets you in the 800,000+ range. This is all about product delivery, nothing more and people with deep or semi deep pockets are hopefully willing to take a shot and hold even as prices rise to cause parabolic movement.

Also is the number correct, one person holds 124 million coins? That’s about 25% of current total correct?

Poloniex exchange

1 Like

Stupidity, sorry haha

interesting polo alone has 25% of the supply. I find it kinda surprising considering I seem to be one of the rare swing traders on these forums. Everyone else is the buy and HODL kinda person it seems like. Maybe the mentality here doesn’t completely represent everyone who trades MAID… maybe some are yelling HODL so you don’t undercut their sell orders lol. In any case for all the times we say oh this is such a small market with low liquidity there is always like 5-20 BTC trading per day on polo which is more then 90% of the “project coins” out there.

I don’t speak for everyone but I keep some of my supply on Polo so I can potentially make a play on any quick price movement. I expect many people do something similar, leading to Polo having a lot.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can call it a beta product unless a tech ignorant person like me can press a button and use the network