What’s up today? (Part 1)

Interesting read and food for thought on the ramifications of perpetual public data. Will people be increasingly reluctant to make information public once they realise it’s there forever I wonder?

4 Likes

Another interesting article, this one about the gradual closing off of open source licensing to prevent predatory behavour, particularly by Amazon, and how Google is taking full advantage. Out of the frying pan? Anyway, curse you Internet and your interesting reading materials. I need to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Hello Good People,

For anyone that’s interested, I have created a Safe Network group on mewe.com the Privacy based Social Network.

6 Likes

We need internet without server…

1 Like

Russia Orders Tinder to Share User Data: WSJ
By Zoya Khan
(Bloomberg) – Russia’s communications censor Roskomnadzor has ordered Tinder to share user data and messages with government and intelligence agencies, the Wall Street Journal reports, citing the agency.
Apps must also be ready to pass encryption keys to security agencies, including the Federal Security Service

http://techrights.org/2019/06/03/act-like-a-friend/

Edit quote:

“when Microsoft brings you flowers, they’re likely to end up decorating your grave one way or another.”

9 Likes

I like they way they’re serialising it, like a murder mystery

2 Likes
3 Likes

New Evidence Suggests Satoshi Nakamoto Is Paul Solotshi, The Creator Of Encryption Software E4M And TrueCrypt

https://www.investinblockchain.com/new-evidence-suggests-satoshi-nakamoto-is-paul-solotshi-the-creator-of-encryption-software-e4m-and-truecrypt/

15 Likes

Whether this is true or not it is a film that needs to be made, and by a decent director / cast. I would defo stream it illegally.

9 Likes

I’m sold. It is simply too unbelievable and makes too much sense to be false. :exploding_head:

If CW did rat on this guy… oooooohhh.

2 Likes

This new 20 minute video can literally save your balls… :smiley:

Matt Walker is real geniuses for me and his book “Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams” is my bible for 2 years now…

If you do not have time to read there is an audio book. You can find a short summary of the first 1/3 of the book here.

11 Likes

Just watched that video @Dimitar and could not agree more. I know right up until about 14 months ago I was working very single day (still am) and sleeping probably less than 4 hours per night. I think it did pull me down and challenged me a lot. Thing is I have never had a problem falling asleep, quite the opposite I always can fall asleep, well unless people are doing weird things, like politics, debates, arguments, insulting behaviour etc. that is a killer for good sleep. It happens more than I would like that part and it is a real shame. In any case this video makes great sense. So now the audiobook will be playing in the evenings for me :wink:

Thanks very much for posting, it makes more sense than I though it would.

12 Likes

The last link to “here” isn’t working for me.
I would also like to propose posting links to Goodreads instead of Amazon when it comes to books. Like this:

2 Likes

https://www.google.it/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/mastermind-excerpt/amp

Another article exploring his story deeper

4 Likes

yes sorry, I fixed it

1 Like

Some say that good sleep is like instead of flying in the second class to move into the first … The truth is more terrible … If you do not sleep well you do not fly at all …

4 Likes

In the works:

Based on the book which has this as a first sentence:

THE BLOND GIANT WEPT RACKING SOBS, FAT TEARS SOAKING THE FLOWERED turquoise board shorts and flip-flops that were his idea of keeping a low profile.

Peculiar detail:

LeRoux’s call centers collected credit card payments and paid the real or fake physicians and the pharmacies.

Never in bitcoin it seems. Oh wait … he would do that one later.

About the one coin appearing in the book:

They would carry nothing with them that hinted at a murder plot, except for two hollowed-out euro coins, one per shooter. Each coin contained an encrypted microchip.

2 Likes

So Satoshi could be someone who isn’t in danger, but someone who knocks.
I see on Le Roux’s Wikipedia page that he was adopted, the identity of his real parents is not sure and his first name ‘unknown’. So should he be Satoshi, we still don’t know who he really is in a way :wink:
Also ‘He would refuse to learn Afrikaans (~=Dutch), mandatory in South African schools, calling it a “dead language”’ → Not scoring points here (Hy maak nie punte hieraan nie).
Edit: he seems to have been busy with other stuff in the first ‘Bitcoin’-years 2007-2009 in a lot of countries, so unlikely on that front.

1 Like

Hey I speak Afrikaans and I tend to agree with the man. :joy:… it’s not really Dutch though (anymore) unless you speak slow, you are hard to understand.

1 Like