Our SAFE Apps site is 100% DONE!

Looks good @whiteoutmashups. You’re really getting good at this. Remember give me credit for my ideas when you add those projects. :smile: Also you might want to do one app at a time completely. I tried clicking on a few of the apps to check the details and got “missing page” errors.

1 Like

Well, probably I kinda miss the point in creating logos for products that do not exist, as this is usually the last step in a creation process (or at least preceded by something more tangible than a “thrilling idea”) and therefore can (and will) bring up false expectations to new users - eventually leading to disappointment. That´s why I suggested to link projects to “actual work” - if there´s no actual work beyond an idea I think calling your site “SAFE network apps” rather does a disservice to the network because it´s false information.

Certainly not “the best thing humanly possible”. We don´t need the network to write whitepapers, tangible concepts and even code. As far as I understood that´s the case for SafeX or Safepress. I hardly doubt it´s the case for “dUber” etc., though.

great! another contribution. I’ll change that logo name too. That’s why I posted this early version! Thanks for the feedback!

Understanding the possibilities helps people understand what the network itself is–truly a whole new internet–and also it gives new app devs ideas and inspirations.

but I’ll be sure people are aware by changing that logo, like we just agreed on

2 Likes

You´re welcome. You might also want to check whether the information you´re giving to people in general is correct. I didn´t go through all apps, however, in the case of LifeStuff you write

“This open-source app is being developed by the core team in Troon, Scotland as we speak.”

I think that´s a false statement. As far as I know @nicklambert said that they are not working on LifeStuff/will probably come back to it, but don´t know when. Also the GitHub clearly shows any activity for 2 years (!). So that´s what I meant when I talked about disappointing people. Most users get angry about development due to overdone expectation - we shouldn´t feed them.

1 Like

Will do!

I meant it as they’re working on the SAFE Network, which is a crucial crucial part of LifeStuff, and as soon as that is finished, they’ll have time to finish the rest of it.

So I see that statement as correct because they’re 2 parts of the same project

[quote=“whiteoutmashups, post:85, topic:5192”]
I meant it as they’re working on the SAFE Network[/quote]

Then you should write that, because there is anything that would make it clear you are talking about the SAFE Network. It clearly reads as if you are talking about Lifestuff and there is no development on it at all.

LifeStuff can’t work without SAFE

Arguing is boring. Are you enjoying it?

You know, I am just telling you that you are currently providing misleading / false and potentially counterproductive information. Take that advise or leave it. I think you are the one who is trying to argue against obvious improvement by pretending things are fine as they are. That´s anything one could enjoy, but it´s kinda fascinating.

Added lots more updates to Version 2 of the site!

I finished updating all the logos to fit the new site layout (uniform square size now), and added them all into the site. I will be making newer HD ones in the future for every project logo, to fully utilize the space that the new site offers the logos.

Not all of them are clickable yet, just the first 5 or so.

Check out the 3 new pages!

These are the new App Page layouts (complete with annonymous commenting / discussing capabilities!!) and are a taste of what’s to come with all the other pages. You can also scroll through all the apps by pressing the < and the > arrows, to go through the apps!

I hope the new layout pleases! I am going to finish all of V2 soon! Leave some comments on the pages please!

2 Likes

One app I would want if no one else has mentioned it is an photo and video storage and sharing facility. Currently my wife and I take photo and video on our phones like most people. I do an upload to the PC about every 6 months off our phones, we let the images sit there for a while and we enjoy them then every other year I out about a years worth onto an external hard drive and those images are almost never looked at again.

We only upload tiny amounts of our personal images to Facebook or Google and do not want out personal things used on these unsafe sites.

3 Likes

Well done! Nice work!
Personally I think the logo’s are too massive/clunky. Wouldn’t it look better if they were much smaller?

Very cool. I would also like to see:

Safezilla (a graphical FTP utility)
Safe Road (a DNM-in-a-box)
Safe Pinkertons (security thugs for hire)

The last one might seem a bit off, but I’m just speaking plainly about a function that is currently supplied by the state and is, indeed, their usual justification for their existence.

1 Like

Can you explain the use for FTP on SAFE? FTP=File Transfer Protocol.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be literally FTP but the application would behave just like Filezilla, the most popular Windows file-transfer utility.

2 Likes

So a fancy file explorer program then. SAFE will be able to mount your storage as a disk and then you can use any available file handling program on your computer. So just use filezilla with your mounted SAFE-private file disk and SAFE-public file disk. Assuming Filezilla can move files between drives/directories. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m having trouble visualizing this but it sounds cool.

2 Likes

If you’re running windows, you just mount the SAFE drive, and can access it in “My Computer” as an “E:” drive etc (your hard drive is your “C:” drive).

Then you can use it with any regular software that you already use; filezilla, explorer, etc

2 Likes

I was going by the interface presented in the demo app, which looks like one would have to upload files to a “virtual server.” I didn’t know about the future plan for mounting a disk on ones local file system.