Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

A post was merged into an existing topic: Marketing: putting apps first

A post was merged into an existing topic: Marketing: putting apps first

I found polkadot lost like 90mil$+ with some bug, so I give hands down.

2 Likes

Well let’s hope they get out in time. A friend of mine bought in on Tuesday, then sold at 4x on Wednesday.

Polkadot is a heterogeneous multi-chain interchange and translation architecture which enables customised side-chains to connect with public blockchains. Blockchains can exchange messages in a secure and trust-free manner with Polkadot.

Sounds like a way of allowing transactions between chains? It doesn’t sound much like a distributed Internet though?

idk but read today: The goal of Polkadot is nothing less than to create a space for a completely decentralized internet, in which users have control over their data.

The only stuff I have read is about cross chain possibilities. So, filecoin for storage, with bitcoin payments and ethereum contracts, for example.

That sounds quite nifty if you want blockchains for everything and a way to have many used by your app.

However, blockchains have their limitations. This is why safe network isn’t using them. It is why safe will scale beautifully, with data as big as you want, with security baked in. For me, this is a far more compelling package than linking a bunch of blockchains together to make an app.

5 Likes

Have you seen the price of DOGE lately? :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

They are trending on Twitter now, so that seems to help :wink:
Almost 500% in 24h. Not bad. This lockdown makes people do crazy stuff.

Like the Gamestop story. Enjoyable to see big shorters lose and the ones who started this on Reddit will make a lot of profit. But many people who are late to the party will probably lose money they can’t affort to lose.

4 Likes

But GME and DOGE is not same case, there is not 140% shorts.
It is going down over 30% now.

1 Like
2 Likes

Nearly half a billion dollars in bitcoin moved off coinbase today.
To an apparently unknown Wallet

4 Likes

Haven’t verified … but if you are XRP hodler, you may want to.

1 Like

Bitcoin Corporate Strategy with Michael Saylor

Bitcoin can be integrated into the P&L as well as the balance sheet of corporations.

• Bitcoin treasury strategy
  • Bitcoin product strategy
  • Bitcoin service strategy
  • Bitcoin for competitive advantage
  • Bitcoin to avoid solvency challenges
  • Examples of corporations successfully integrated Bitcoin
  • Future opportunities & competitive dynamics
1 Like

Can anyone speak to Elastos or Elrond as they are relentlessly being shilled as the future decentralized internet on social media. The information that I have found on elastos is minimal. Wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on them.

1 Like

Cryptoassets still haven’t fought the final boss: governments.

In that moment there will be a “great filter event” where only the most decentralized will survive.

He’s saying the system has to survive a Gov. attack on crypto. How will a crypto survive the great filter event?
17 min.
Oh and he mentions MAID at 7 min.

9 Likes

what happened to Cardano?

The governments real control of people come from money. Remove that and they decrease their effectiveness by 75%. Once you can take care of yourself both medically, shelter and food, the government has very little use outside of public safety.

1 Like

He also took a shot at MAID, kind of shrugging it off as dead. Very uncool of him.

2 Likes

I agree. He could reach out to them before he declares them in the category of dead coin. He basically lumps them in with dead coins when he’s talking about coins that have been in the top 10.
People should let him know MAID is alive and well with a great team behind it.
A BTC maximalist for sure. I don’t see why Safe Network would not survive the Filtering Event.

3 Likes