Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

No bear market little correction because one reasons is people’s are trusting crypto… Paypal crypto now in USA you can buy sell purchase through PayPal or trade

Just heard about a privacy network plus blockchain type thing called Loki (rebranding to oxen soon) https://loki.network/2020/11/16/lokinet-gets-exits-to-the-clearnet-and-beyond/

Seems pretty interesting, they claim to be like a “supercharged vpn”, onion routing from the protocol level, and apparently it’s up and running for real. I read something about Tor working on level 4 of the OSI model and their thing is level 3, like Safe will be?

Was wondering if anyone has done a deep dive and has any thoughts to share. The language seems a bit hype-y on their site but I’m trying not to judge too harshly.

what you think about polkadot, they also want decentral. internet.

Reddit partners with Ethereum.

3 Likes

Now just wait for Mr. Musk to give the go ahead, for Ethereum to do a Gamestop

2 Likes

If a bunch of retards on Reddit can get Game Stop to $300 I see good things for MAID.

5 Likes

They will fight to enter Club 112 :lol:

It was the most shorted share at the moment. It was the reason why creating short squeeze was working.

Take a look at the 5y chart for Gamestop. It makes crypto look sensible. Those buying in late will lose a lot of money, imo. Pump and dump.

1 Like

Good things? I suppose it depends what you consider good.

Pumping may play a part in this, but from what I understand… there are over 150% short shares that need to be filled after Friday.

Everything up to this point is a little bit of a pump.

After Friday every single share of that company will need to be bought by the hedge fund to cover their short position - and that reddit community know this, and are buying and holding. Price action on that stonk next week is going to be very interesting - upward pressure isn’t going to be the pumping, it’s going to be the hedge funds scrambling around to buy at any price they can. Which is why this has got the attention of the news, and stockmarkets… it could be a little dangerous.

I’m not sure how they are going to buy 150% of the stock, when only 100% exists… and how they were allowed to do this in the first place.

7 Likes

There are many reasons wallstreetbets is motivated.

The number 1 item is that why is a hedge fund allowed to destroy a business purely by using financial instruments. A business that has shown it is viable and still making money.

It is one thing to destroy a business by starting a competitor in the same field and creating real world value and service, but destroying a company and putting people out of jobs and removing a service using magic loosely regulated finance techniques is just dishonest and bad for quality of life.

Hedge funds have been getting away with this forever, this one got sloppy and was caught by the public.

150% of shares short. ho ho ho ho ho. How did they ever think that was an acceptable risk?!

6 Likes

do you hold polkadot? What is difference between these project? Why is first so up and maid isnt?

This is exactly why this is good regardless of what happens its exposing wall street and the funds for what they are. They’re crooks that write their own rules.

2 Likes

But who will hold after this has passed? Given the average value over the last 5 years is about 99% less? Dumpage?

Max says just wait until they figure out what Bitcoin can do to central banks

1 Like

But who will hold after this has passed? Given the average value over the last 5 years is about 99% less? Dumpage?

That’s the hedge funds problem, not the problem of people buying (and selling in to the short squeeze) right now.
The only people buying when the squeeze starts will be the hedge funds.

1 Like

I don’t hold any but may. It seems much more promising than any other blockchain attempt to do web3.0 not so sure it’s on par with IPFS itself but seemingly better than FIL. Hard to tell just reading about it.

The main thing is they have gotten a lot of attention because of the speed to finality and the interoperability with any chain, permissionless or permissioned.

People see it as a good investment but how many will actually use it? I don’t know but so far all I hear talk of is price.

I think the biggest flaw with all of these projects is not making everyday apps and putting those up front and center. How are they better than a comparable app or what is the innovation?
I hope that is something we focus on.

5 Likes

Just as a general observation, I think too much talk about price, rather than utility, at the wrong time can actually hurt a good project like the Safe network. I know nothing about Polkadot.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Marketing: putting apps first