Most wanted APP for the SAFE Network

I would like to see a cross device (PC, phone, tablet, etc), cross platform (iOS, Android, Win, *nix, etc) communications app that allowed for voice, video, and text (with attachments) and be 100% encrypted, distributed and secure. Something that does not allow for bugs and backdoors to capture your communication, even at the device level.

If done properly, the only things that would be able to still intercept the communication would be the keystroke capture devices / bugs or the monitor cable hacks on PC devices. But if everything else was encrypted to the point that even firmware hacks, GSM / cellphone stacks with backdoors, cell tower sniffers, stingray and the like would all be useless… Is it possible, or are the existing backdoors in the hardware so pervasive that the app wouldn’t be secure no matter where and to what degree the encryption happened? If the root OS (Windows, Android) and or chipsets (intel, Qualcomm, broadcom, etc) are gathering the data at the core level, then it is nearly impossible to overcome this. Meaning a SAFE OS with SAFE certified hardware is needed to boot.

Case in point, “blackphone” is a noble attempt to secure communications, but it still relies on backdoor ridden cellphone / GSM communication stacks, so it is not really secure. Or is it?

Wouldn’t it be nice to really be secure in your person, houses, papers and effects, in the modern world?

3 Likes

Indie Phone?

For me I want to see an app similar to Oracle’s VirtualBox.

3 Likes

A live streaming app…like bambuser or UStream.

I want an app that records live and uploads to the Safe Network immediately at the ‘push of a button’.

As soon as recording begins, it should be viewable online. I know that level of response is probably difficult but as much as possible. The app should also integrate into social media somehow in order to maximize exposure…like a failsafe for people in case they need a third party documentation (video is objective to the extent that people interpret it) for law enforcement encounters that erupt.

Given today’s atmosphere in the US regarding Law Enforcement it would be nice to empower people to record and posted in real time while events occur…it could be the necessary compliment to the potential law enforcement body cams if they occur.

Inspired by Ferguson and Kelly Thomas…

3 Likes

As soon as the entire file has been uploaded, it can be made visible on the network and played back. I don’t think there’s much difference between video and PDF files in that respect.
You can’t stream the file as long as the recording begins because you don’t have a file at that point (and also it’s not on the network). You can broadcast the video as you record it, but that’s not sharing a file, that’s broadcast and people who want to watch it later (not live) need to playback from a file.

David and I spoke with Aral a few months back. Nice guy and very passionate and knowledgable about privacy, a great speaker as well. It’ll be great to see how Indie phone develops and hopefully with the SAFE network at its heart. We’ll see how things develop.

3 Likes

Am I dreaming or what… It seams to me, SAFE network can deliver AWS and Azure services? The difference is the decentralization and its network manages and secure itself?

yes… I’ll be a farmer alright…

3 Likes

Your not dreaming :smiley: its what we are doing.

6 Likes

Nobody else wants a decentralized, community-built MMO?!

What about decentralized computing services on the network? Seems even more radical than a decentralized database.

1 Like

Can I have an app that exchanges gaming currencies and items and that allows one to pay for them in cryptocurrencies like safecoin and bitcoin?

Actually I think it’s a great idea.

The interplay between games and human/technological network development is very interesting and a MMORPG like you describe would have the potential to get games developers paid in a fair, sensible way without in-game advertising etc. could cause a sea-change in the kind of games that get funded, with a really posiive onwards effect on gaming culture.

2 Likes

@mark @whiteoutmashups As do I, which is why I created a seperate thread devoted to it. :smiley:

1 Like

For clarification, it should be noted that NHS in Scotland != UK National Health Service.
The NHS has ALWAYS been fully devolved in Scotland since its inception in the UK generally in 1948.
The Scottish Govt at Holyrood has full operational and financial control of OUR NHS in Scotland.
Control over the NHS in England is now mostly by private companies and only nominal control is held by the UK Govt Minister. Thankfully I live in Scotland where the private health vultures are being held at bay.
Good to hear of Alex Neil visiting you, here’s hoping he reported back favourably to Swinney, Sturgeon and Salmond. While by no means an agile operation, in comparison with the NHS in England, the Scottish NHS can and does move relatively quickly if need be.

I just started a thread for this app idea but posting it here in the app requests.

Basically it’s an app to support, children, parents and families.

Which game?

Any game that lets their players trade currency and items. If I can barter in game I want to be able to trade in game items and currency for safecoin.

1 Like

like a game with an api, I think he means -

a lexicon, like a Steam game?

1 Like

What do a lot of online RPGs have in common? They have items you can trade, usually also currency you can trade as well. What do a lot of FPS games and RTS games have? Maps, skins and items that can be exchanged between players, again some have their own currency. Now what if I could make a bunch of starcraft maps, sell them for safecoin and buy a world of warcraft item or even a whole account? What if I could magic find on diablo III, sell the items for safecoin and buy myself some new earphones or a new hard drive? What if I could hire my services as a blacksmith on ESO out to the highest bidder and get paid in safecoin? What if I wanted to simply exchange ESO gold for EVE online credits? There are so many possibilities here.

What about steam games too; they already have an api
http://steamcommunity.com/dev

1 Like