MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

It’s certainly not MaidSafe here. We have not moved any coins for a wee while now and hope not to for a good while yet.

12 Likes

at least lots of tiny axes have a smaller probability of all dropping at once and hitting me with enough force to kill me. Actually this is a really good metaphor… If you threw many small axes from a bucket on top of me they would have to like spuriously stack up into the shape of a big axe to do any damage lol.

MAIDhodlers

import pandas as pd
import requests

r = requests.get(url='https://api.omniexplorer.info/ask.aspx?api=getpropertybalances&prop=3')

df = pd.read_json(r.text)
df.sort_values(by='balance', ascending=False, inplace=True)
df.to_csv('MAIDhodlers.csv', columns=['address', 'balance'], index=False)
12 Likes

heh…thanks for this…verified my address balance! I’m…er…not in the top 50.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Thanks for that. The 100k+ wallets are quite interesting. There was less than 500 of them in early 2017, right before the masses arrived in Crypto and the superficial nonsense really kicked in.

Nice to see the larger wallets who as a group have been around Crypto longer than most and deeply understand the power of this project, are generally just sitting tight patiently waiting and believing.

I only can really speak for myself but I just can’t see too many of these folks dropping their axe on anyone’s head on release. Many who committed a bunch of bitcoin or mastercoin in the early years have very big ideas for the world around them and need this network to not just exist but thrive.

Distribution? Sure it’d be better spread further but there’s going to be some unbelievable things come out of this group once they get the tools and resources to follow their ideas and dreams through :smiley:

I personally can’t wait to see what this network gives birth too, it’s pretty incredible just trying to imagine this let alone witnessing it actually happen.

10 Likes

These numbers don’t really paint an accurate picture though do they? Ther isn’t a 1 to 1 corespondance between address and maid hodler. Example: One individual with 1000 public addresses.

6 Likes

True, but surely only “large holders” will split into multiple addresses. Do you think that the columns below 10k would see a “noticeable” change?
I would imagine 10k to 100k drops a bit and 100k+ goes up a bit.

3 Likes

Right, it isn’t possible without some chain analysis to make an estimate on the number of holders from the number of wallets. In fact you’ll notice groupings around ‘round numbers’ like 100k, 50k etc, which could likely be from wallet splitting.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d only expect the curve to shift very slightly right.

3 Likes

All we can say for a fact is a large wallet is probably 1 person with lots (although even then it could be like a multisig.) The inverse does not follow if there are many small wallets.

1 Like

How many Made tokens could change a person’s life in Europe?

1 Like

Where can I see maidsafe top wallets or rich list? Could you provide a link please?

this is not a low risk investment so there is really no answer like if you invest X today you will have Y within 1 year. The thing about those is X usually has to be huge to have a noticeable impact. This is a more risky investment so it might not take nearly as much, but at the same time there is no where near the same assurance it will EVER work out at all. On the other hand, that means a very small affordable amount COULD be life changing. Think of it like buying a lottery ticket (that you may win OR lose on) only the odds are in your favor, rather then the house always winning eventually.

This is why I am always encouraging the dev team to dump that bitcoin while its up! Sure they had someone come in and project it will be worth X after Y amount of time. And by luck they were sorta right… but that was pure luck, rather then a skilled prediction IMO. If you are risk adverse you should NOT hold crypto.

3 Likes

https://api.omniexplorer.info/ask.aspx?api=getpropertybalances&prop=3

1 Like

You need to use my script a few posts up to see the sorted rich list

2 Likes

Hey guys, is there any up to date way to store maid tokens on an offline wallet? I’ve been buying bits every week but would really want to put it into a ‘safer’ place than on the exchange.

Is there really not easy cold wallet solution?

1 Like
4 Likes

This is the most up-to-date HowTo:

4 Likes

Thanks, now I can see it. Great

2 Likes

The Trezor is pretty easy to use, and @Dimitar was cool enough to post an easy to follow tutorial in the link that he just posted.

6 Likes