MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Our main MM has ate a lot today. Wondering if they have more ammo to keep supporting it. If not this is getting very dangerous. Although bigger risk can bring bigger rewards. I am keeping some BTC handy in case it crashes hard though what remains of that wall.

2 Likes

This dump is unreal

2 Likes

I think people who think they are going to get rich off Fleming is dumb but I will say two things. First, there is no reason we can’t get to say $2-5 from Fleming. We saw $1.20 with nothing but bitcoin price rising. Second, bitcoin was a totally new concept that people are still just getting their head around. The fact that, that education has already taken place could help a successful SAFE launch and make it more viable in 1/2 or 1/3 of the time it took bitcoin to gain ground.

10 Likes

depends if we can really sell it as “This is like bitcoin but way better.” I agree that would not be so hard as starting right from the basics of welcome to digital currency. On the other hand it is really a totally different technology with the only similarity being that it fits in the category of “digital currency” also.

I would rather people apricate the fundamental differences so we can really see the gains of a whole new tech. I don’t think it can go nearly as high if its just seen as another altcoin.

4 Likes

Point well taken but any way you slice it, it is better than starting from ground zero and people will minimally be interested in investigating what it is.

3 Likes

man that wall keeps getting chipped away. I got a feeling we are in for some rock bottom prices. Thinking this might be the best pre-flemming load up point. On the other hand if this thing crashes and never comes back how we ever make it to flemming without enough liquidity for the dev team to sell into? Well hopefully if we do have a flash crash more then just me says lets buy the hell outa this!

1 Like

Could always go back to 5 years ago hype:

OK guys we have this new idea/workload called SAFE Network, it’s a new internet, speeds up the more people that use it, would make backup a thing of the past, no more worrying about: private keys, system failures, Google spying, anyone spying, government spying, currency fees, currency transaction speed, worldwide economic collapse, Bitcoin centralization/amassing in China etc., the very damn concept of “third world nation” itself, censorship, possible destruction of the planet (or at least any lack of good people being able to make a living, made possible to them by creating financial independence through ever-increasing Safecoin worth to be able to escape from despotic or maligned nations/governments/entities/family)… the amount of world failures it gets rid of might be more impressive than the successful concepts that it brings. But sure, just keep selling.

6 Likes

sending some more BTC into chainrift. I am feeling like gambling on catching some knives. Worst case this is my load up to HODL til Flemming

6 Likes

Yep but eventually the technology will be! (Belief folks)

Simple demonstration with our market conditions, 10 folk with 10 BTC or equivalent in Tether decide to press the button once this appears to be a reality. Price goes where?

It won’t be just 10 folk, just saying…

In the meantime I recommend folk take up fishing. Why? Historically, fortune has always favoured the patient and resilient.

We can lose the superficial battle, but we sure as hell are making preparations to win the War!

Focused, one foot in front of the other, the Holy Sh1t moment will come when the Network is ready not the market :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’m looking forward to playing with a test net, rather than price watching. That would feel much more positive! :grinning:

16 Likes

the ironic thing is the more people don’t care about prices and focus on building value of the network the more it will get harder to not watch them all day as they go to the moon :smiley:

4 Likes

seeing some other support start to slip away under that wall like “oh crap I wasn’t expecting to actually buy.” If this thing falls its going to get really interesting. Pls just wait until I get enough confirms on the BTC I just sent in to make a big move if the price does

1 Like

You definitely have some good points here. If we can just attract back all the people that fell off the wagon that would be a lot more people in the market. But at the same time what really matters is can we get some of those people with lambos to just give us a chance. That would change things REALLY fast.

Looking at it from their perspective though… if the network doesn’t have a lot of activity well those people that were like “cry cry no working product” will kinda have to eat their words, but I would not expect them to flock back just to look at a few hello world sites. Same for the whales. They want to buy just before the price spikes. Not years in advance just cause there is a working prototype. I think they also need to see lots of people really getting value out of the network to jump on it.

2 Likes

haha ya you would think that guy has enough to gain to just personally fund some serious marketing effort. That could really speed things up. I still would not expect it to be instant though.

3 Likes

lol I disagree. I think the best marketing is to actually show people some value they can get from using the network. Don’t even worry if lots of them never invest on the market. People that do that will see this thing getting more and more popular and hot damn there is a coin attached. That’s when the whales will really be hungry I think.

5 Likes

Maybe that happens sometimes. But I think for every pump scam like that that works theres 10 failures. Why do some elaborate conspiracy to bring in traders with no real value there for them when its so easy to bring them that value by getting people to use a great product. Like why even build such an awesome product if that’s all you want to do. Pure vapourware would work for that :stuck_out_tongue:

sure some of what you said will hopefully happen to, like traders telling their trader friends on twitter about this great investment. And that will have all the greater effect the more it can be backed up by a vibrant network with much to offer from its many users.

And that is why Safe won’t succeed until a MVP is released. The crypto world don’t believe it will happen

8 Likes

No project should succeed before an MVP is released. That seems more than fair.

8 Likes

At present, success appears to be dependent on what exchanges you can afford to be listed on

4 Likes

Yep. That does seem to be true. If it were truly merit based, most top 100 projects would not be even top 500.

6 Likes