MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Perhaps the IT area would be up for a test. IT areas test a lot of things before they recommend adoption

1 Like

Agreed. Corporate inertia makes enterprise sales slow even for established businesses with a market proven product to sell. I think the immediate ā€œsalesā€ effort should be around getting ā€œstartupā€ stage developers to start building with SAFE. Iā€™d really like to see some hackathons on the global stage to start seeding interest in developing on SAFE. When I go to blockchain events, I make it a point to ask different projects whether theyā€™d be willing to switch development over from, say, Ethereum to a platform like SAFE. The answer always is a resounding ā€œyesā€.

13 Likes

Actually glad you brought up ETH. I think it has really failed to find a way into established business. Yes there are gagillion dollar ICOs but it never really fulfilled its original promise of replacing high priced business lawyers for the people already in the tall towers.

I disagree selling it to businesses (who may or may not be a corporation) really detracts from grass roots growth and personal usage. If anything when your company says we are switching to this SAFE network thing you hear about it and maybe decide this helps me personally to. Especially in the IT dept.

Remember it will likely only be the really progressive businesses at first that use it. Other entrepreneurs that look to them for inspiration on how to move forward will also hear about the SAFE network and maybe say hell ya I got a killer APP for that!

2 Likes

Definitely. I work for a decently sized company ($40B rev). We explored Ethereum for some specific use cases and quickly deduced that it wasnā€™t adequate.

13 Likes

I think they will wait till full release then have a look and invite someone to explain the benefits to them.

8 Likes

noticing more bot activity on the market. Thatā€™s cool with me. Lets see who wins, the people with predefined rules or actual people that can figure out what the bots rules are and manipulate them.

1 Like

Freed another couple of minds.
Remember guys, hold their hands and make sure if they want to go further than free participation on the network you show people the correct token name.

12 Likes

Iā€™m more interested why my output with the same parameters is so different. I mean, the upswing is there, China is on top for me as well, but the curve doesnā€™t look too similar. Iā€™ve been using GTrends for a while now, but began experiencing fishy stuff lately.

EDIT: On second glance, the chart is almost if not entirely identical, but with different amplitudes?

EDIT: I encourage more people to look up MaidSafe on Google Trends and post their results for comparison.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I checked the new forum registrations and there are no Chinese people, but there are an unusually large number of US (compared to ordinary, in fact, I check the newly registered people every day to greet those from Bulgaria with welcome :wink: and I have not noticed an increased interest from Chinaā€¦)

2 Likes

hmmā€¦ I see they are interested in the priceā€¦ Will they push it up for a pump?

2 Likes

Very interestingly, I have not noticed that Bulgaria is in 4th place in interest for MaidSafe for the last 12 monthsā€¦ :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Once the Chinese start buyingā€¦ thatā€™s alot of competition for cheap coins. :confused:

I was hoping to buy a bit more before release.

1 Like

Because of you, Dimitar. Naturally

3 Likes

there is no reason for a increase in google searches for maidsafe yet, after the release you can check as there should be articles about the release in all major crypto news (maybe in november?)ā€¦

1 Like

Fellow Saferā€™s,

I need your help.

Iā€™m currently making a business decision to move ahead with an unrelated project.

I have roughly the right amount of capital I need to get this personal/business project off the ground in MAID.

My dilemma; do I sell my MAID for BTC and cash out now (or anywhere around this 20c price mark we always seem to sit around) or do I wait it out? If the answer is to wait, how long do I wait for? A month, six, twelve?

I need to make a decision pretty quickly for two reasons. Primarily because I have a short month-long window of time I can devote to this project solely to get it off the ground coming up very soon. And secondly because this is one of those situations where the thing I plan on building doesnā€™t currently exist, and every day I wait is a day where a competitor could come along and beat me to it. This market is big but still small enough to be dominated by someone else and not really big enough for two or more of the services I plan to offer.

I may have another option which is to borrow the capital needed off my old man who I know would oblige, needless to say that complicates things for your obvious run of the mill reasons for why someone would not want to deal in money or business with family.
I could probably find a way to make a situation like that work where Iā€™d ask purely for capital. Tell him Iā€™ll pay him his money back in 1-2 years or if he waits o could double it for him.

What do I do guys, what would you do?

Really appreciate any feedback, comments or input.

1 Like

itā€™s good to get rich the easy way (MAID), but itā€™s better to make the world a better place ā€¦ If you think your idea will help the world, itā€™s a good to try it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Get it off the old man. His loan is covered by the MAID so you can have the best of both worlds

4 Likes

Probably unpopular opinion among the fan boys here but I say sell out and follow your vision if you truly believe in it. You can always buy back into MAID if they are successful on delivering the full network. I generally avoid borrowing from family at all cost, not a good habit to form. If your gonna code something up why do you need the capital though? Isnā€™t it just your time investment?

5 Likes

Follow your heart champ, thereā€™s a reason our heart develops before our brain :wink:

Just out of interest @goindeep if you do go down the route of family providing the capital why not make them an equal partner?

No promises to anyone, everyone walks into the relationship as an equal and with their eyes open to the potential failure/success.

No one gets hurt if all goes South and you and your old man get to take the journey together as equals sharing both the risk and reward.

Youā€™ll find as a parent your old man would be chuffed you acknowledge him stepping forward and giving up some eventual success for him.

As for MAID itself, the risk reward profile you arenā€™t likely to see again more than a handful of times during the remainder of your life.

As @Antifragile is getting at your business proposal is a risk, now does that risk/reward profile outweigh the one you see when you look at this project :thinking:

7 Likes