Really really basic stuff

Valid concerns Ken, and marketing will no doubt play a part in this. Clearly adoption will take time. Some will get it sooner: the value to them of disrupting their existing activity and paying or farming for something that was previously, not free, but a shady proposition that you never got to know the cost of.

Most won’t see this at all, but my sense is a lot will but still not move just because of it. But who knows!

Remember the Internet is all I can say. I remember getting it, realising (in the eighties) how much better email was, and how amazing email based discussion groups and newsnet news were. Thinking what a shame it was I could only communicate with a tiny section of the world this way because everyone else was still using post, fax if you were lucky, and even for long distance telex. But it all changed over time.

The Web and particularly webmail was a massive driver, and I expect similar innovation and usability shifts that we can’t yet envisage driving adoption of the SAFEnetwork.

Remember hotmail, for example? A relatively modest technical achievement, but which powered mass adoption of email and drove individuals and businesses to get on the internet when dialup was the clunky, unreliable way to get connected. Which in turn drove better connections, pushed prices down, etc etc.

I envisage a similar process with this new platform. Somebody, maybe not even on this forum yet, will build something like hotmail, or Facebook, and people - the masses - will flock to it.

3 Likes