Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

1 Like

Mistery my ass. It’s been expected for a long time by anybody paying even the slightest attention. I feel real smug now because:

Guess who made some bucks with a stop buy order triggered at $4,205? :smirk:

Doge is not just a clone with a dog pic. Its about the community and the marketing. We have a nice small community here but could totally learn a thing or two from the DOGE community. Here we hound people for wanting to promote the SAFE network to new people as shills that give us the stain of crypto bubbles. The ride up is not going to be linear though, and the DOGE community totally embraces this.

That all said I fundamentally agree. We have a token we could promote and make fun like dogecoin. There is nothing stopping us from having a mascot and memes. As a “side bonus” there is actually a project attached that is doing work, and not just a token only valuable cause people are willing to pay for it.

4 Likes

Today’s gain was probably triggered by an order worth about $100 million spread across U.S.-based exchanges Coinbase and Kraken and Luxembourg’s Bitstamp, said Oliver von Landsberg-Sadie, chief executive of cryptocurrency firm BCB Group.

“There has been a single order that has been algorithmically-managed across these three venues, of around 20,000 BTC,” he said.

“If you look at the volumes on each of those three exchanges – there were in-concert, synchronized, units of volume of around 7,000 BTC in an hour”.

Still, analysts could not point to any specific developments that could explain the mystery buyer’s big order.

2 Likes

No that is not right, that is how you perceived it because you wanted to pump the coin by pumping promoting. We cautioned against pumping SAFE without a product to back it up.

They are two very different things. And then you saw we all encourage the promotion of SAFE, just cautioned against the PUMPING of it. Please reread the topic and see the very people you are attacking here were also encouraging you to promote.

I am actually offended that you are implying that I and others were telling you to not promote.

Also if you haven’t found out yet, SAFE is NOT about the coin. If it was then SAFEcoin would have been one of the first things to implement.

6 Likes

Good to see someone has the faith

1 Like

Looks like pricing in the next halving has begun.

1 Like

give it a week or two. just a bulltrap to me.

1 Like

Those of us with an initial buy in can afford to wait out the market, and take advantage of a bull trap - if that’s what this is.

People with low holdings, no initial investment are going to be compelled to take part in the market.

1 Like

everybody can (should) do some research and act according to his/hers own findings.
why should be the amount of money one is willing to risk play any role on the decisions?

edit: I mean I know people who wanted to buy BTC at ~12k in 2017. I know some who did and some who didn’t. Today the second group is better off, nobody was compelled :smiley:

You think it has a week? The longer it grinds out the better it fairs against long term trends. I’m thinking probably sooner buuuut ya never truly know. I’d like to hear your thoughts.

I said week to sound calm, but If i had to place any money on this (which I would never do) I would say a lot sooner, yes. buuuut ya never truly know :wink:

1 Like

Unless they sold at $18,000 or so :rofl:
It’s real silly to hold positions without stops…

This is gold. In the negative sense. There is mathematical proof that the amount of money (in fraction of all your funds) that you can risk on a bet is directly related to (limited by) how good things are.

More precisely, the leverage to get the highest geometric return for infinitely divisible assets on an infinite timeline is the mean expected return divided by the variance (it’s called the Kelly criterion, by the way).

It’s a bit more complicated in real life because:

• we have neither infinite divisibility nor infinite time,
  • this leverage is more of an upper limit because it will lead to unacceptable drawdowns,
  • it’s easy to underestimate the variance,
  • the parameters are not static.

Anyway, the stupid version is: If you think you can bet as much of your money as you want just because things look good, you will go bankrupt.

2 Likes

BTC’s recent massive price move is attributed to short covering.

I am not even talking about me. I am talking about the youthful salesman that is into crypto. We are really hurting that person or at least be like give me all you have and take nothing in return. I think MAID is awesome because it actuall has a project to back it… that said why the fuckk are you sucking ass compared to dogecoin in terms of market cap?" it doesn’t have a revolutionary technology on the horizon what so ever… Oh ya because its not a hierarchy of “poduct bearers” … its a free technology everyone can gain from and promoters don’t hesitate to mention that. MAID is like some secret club you can’t get in without approval from the elders (no pun intended at the perhaps weak solution to the trust problem)

are you going to deny that DOGE is doing way better then MAID in terms of market cap despite having absolutely no project whatsoever to back it up? we also have a token lol.The difference is that community embraces “pumping” “marketing” whatefver you call it that we suck ass at

Lets be blunt… our marketing effort is terribly weak compared to DOGE. You fight that just to be the “product bearer” but hurt youself because including more people would be beneficial.

back to the ideal youthful salesperson with no specific interests other then helping their team win… what team would you rather be on? DOGE that no one owns or MAID where a small group decides when we have a “product” which they can profit from?

That’s just not true. Zero Hedge goes like, with emphasis from me:

Addressing this issue, the crypto derivatives traders behind sk3w.com looked at the internals of the move, and concluded that the surge higher appears to have been driven by a very large short squeeze in a low liquidity backdrop. Specifically, they point out that between 5.30 and 6.30 a.m London time when the bulk of the upward move took place, nearly $500 MM of buyer order liquidations took place on Bitmex - the largest futures platform - in the space of one hour.

Compare this to the chart from Binance:

It’s blatantly obvious that the price has already topped by 5:30am UTC on Binance so, instead of a cause of the rise, the short covers could only be a) stops getting triggered by the already happening rise, b) margin calls for the same reason, or c) positions manually covered in panic. All of that may have caused an additional spike on BitMex, but it was definitely not the cause behind bitcoin’s rise.

Here’s a fun reading about just how (un)reliable the conspiracies presented by Zero Hedge are: https://www.quora.com/As-a-trader-what-is-your-account-blow-up-story/answer/John-Roberson. To give some more credibility to the story, I should add that I had already read about this event, though it was just mentioned at the time with no details. It was in an anon post from this same person, one that was written about life as a trader who made millions. I think John Roberson wrote that without name to avoid looking like he was bragging but, as I had already been following him for some time, a particular side note gave him away.

Anyway, Zero Hedge is a fun read for sure, but do check what they say.

2 Likes

wise words.
What I said was under the assumption that you always bet only as much money as you are ok with to lose.
Then there should be no difference if it is 10 or 10.000 moneys.

And where did I say do not market now??? I said do not do (false) pumps and its obvious now that the “marketing” pump was for raising the price of the coin. So I have nothing to defend and nothing more to say other than I encourage you to market SAFE as I’ve always said, just do not be unethical and try and pump the price. A pump always has the dump and hurts the product in the long run.

1 Like