MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

100k in Europe, all above not insured.
Actually wondering how they would solve the peoples lones and properties in a case of going bankrupt and not being bought by another bank?

2 Likes

In Belgium (and i guess the other European countries to) this is 100k is for each bank.
You could have higher insured amounts if you use accounts on multible banks.

1 Like

This is important. Just under 50% of crypto asset holders will die before average life expectancy, so everyone should make preparations just in case!

2 Likes

@DavidMc0 - This is an interesting statement! Lots of ways of looking at this:[quote=ā€œDavidMc0, post:1728, topic:9923ā€]
Just under 50% of crypto asset holders will die before average life expectancy
[/quote]
Not @DavidMc0! - There are plenty of options for making provisions to make sure your cryptostuff lives on after you ā€œbecome unavailableā€. I was biding my time, having fun thinking of clever ways to do this. It was the recent surge in cryptostuff values which kicked me into just doing it in a non-clever way.

edit: that is to say, itā€™s better to just get it done. I think the chance of me ā€œbecoming unavailableā€ is much higher than the risk of a bad actor getting hold of my cryptostuff as a result of my not-very-clever provisioning.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been divesting on startups, firstly on blockchain based services and then in more broad technology companies.
When there is a gold rush, sell shovels and pickaxes.

I am currently seeking opportunities in the renewable energy industry.
I wish I had known about Saule Technologies before the VC roundā€¦
If anyone knows about startups with cool groundbreaking technology, let me know!

(I am currently keeping an eye on RaytonSolar)

5 Likes

These 3 belong to Maidsafe foundation and currently have 5 million in each

1 Like

I would think that using oneā€™s will would be a suitable way.

Just plaster the 1st half of your private keys in suitable places. EG in the house, family

Then the last half in a sealed copy of your will only to be opened on ones death. (obviously a few copies)

Even if your family doesnā€™t know crypto then they will learn quick once they are told (in the will) that its worth a lot of money. But obviously it would be best to educate them yourself before any sad events occur.

I plan on educating my eldest daughter and eldest son who both seem to be the most clued up on the matter.

2 Likes

I have a simple plan. Never cash out my MaidSafecoin supply and only cash out my Safecoin supply. Only cash out my Safecoin supply when Safecoin can be directly traded to fiat at a well established exchange.

Price can go up and down, but it does not matter right now. It will only mater when we have a live healthy operational network.

3 Likes

I been out of loop. But holy cow. It is looking good.

meanwhile, look at eth. Lmao. It has 15 billion dollar market cap. Almost HALF of the Bitcoin market cap.

Not only that, BTC Dominance is at 44.8% at this time of writing. Disregard of Ripple, it is well below 60%.

Guys. I think weā€™re witnessing massive exodus from bitcoin to ethereum.

4 Likes

Bitcoin is also pretty much at all time high, so exodus probably isnā€™t the right term (although there certainly are many who have switched over). Iā€™d say more like a lot of new money coming into crypto, but most not landing in Bitcoin.
Btw rumor of Bitcoin ā€˜scaling compromiseā€™ hard fork. That could get interestingā€¦

6 Likes

Does it fall under capital gains?

I have been trying to suss that out recently, but thats the only thing that would seem right, surely its not classed as income tax?

Also, if your total assets are over a certain amount your supposed to declare them all.
Do you know what are the downfalls / advantages of doing that?

1 Like

You talking about UK? It seems yes, Bitcoins would be classed as CGT:

[quote=ā€œbones, post:1736, topic:9923, full:trueā€]Also, if your total assets are over a certain amount your supposed to declare them all.
[/quote]

Ohh is this true? Can you share a reference?

6 Likes

ive just checked the gov site where i thought id seen it but its not there.
perhaps i read that somewhere else less reliable.

1 Like

Focus graphite with sister company graphoidā€¦ Graphene industry ā€¦ Iā€™m owner for 2years but as usually I was to early lol ā€¦ I think this still has to start all, mining will start or is busy alreadyā€¦ Market cap terrible low ā€¦ Few months back around 9M dollar.
Itā€™s on the pink sheets ā€¦ Find it on yahoo finance and search for frankfurt to have correct price ā€¦ Tip for community but only invest what you can afford to loose :relaxed: and remember this is a long time investment.

2 Likes

Iā€™m starting to find the money inflow into crypto crazyā€¦ This wonā€™t go by unnoticed omgā€¦ Is there a particular country where adoption starts to kick in or what is exactly going on? Somebody an idea ? Only thing I know is that if thereā€™s 100B dollar in it, it stil is peanuts so omg omg I like !!!

3 Likes

Should be soon!!..

4 Likes

Better be!! :smiley: :smiley: (it really is an inspiring app!)

3 Likes

BTC has touched $2,300 and as a result of holding its price well, Maid is around $0.39.

Barmy. This rally defies belief. It wasnā€™t long ago I was marvelling at $1,000 btc.

A while back I used the phrase ā€œIā€™ll be glad when we are not shackled to BTCā€ but I take that back!

10 Likes

BTC to 10 000 and beyond :wink:

3 Likes

I look forward to seeing what just happened to ZEC happening to MAID. Insta-doubles at these market caps are pretty exciting.

6 Likes