MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Something I haven’t thought too much about but I wonder if it will take retail coming on board again and making some easy money to sprinkle around for such things? Or if we get a working live network by next year then will the committed long term crypto crowd finally open their eyes and digital wallets?

First and foremost I want to see the network being useful to as many as possible. When the fundamentals are right and we can’t lose.

2 Likes

Over the past weeks, we’ve had a few new comers show up on the forum trying to learn more and find out how they can start building/using SAFE. These are positive signs. There is clear demand for SAFE. The issue is lack of supply, by which I mean working product (even if just an operating Fleming test net) and access (which at this point seems contingent on ERC20). A viable public test net this year, Fleming early next year, and quick progress to Maxwell and beyond would be such a game changer.

6 Likes

We have never been closer and that’s a great observation. I’ve noticed as well and it is promising. There seems a lot of background development going on which I hear chatter about from time to time which is also encouraging. We really need a solid test net and documentation to for devs to ramp onto that $23B rocket!

4 Likes

I hope you are right. It feels like a long time coming, for sure.

For the time being, I’m just pleased MAID is tracking Bitcoin on this bull run so far. It’s nice to see my pot growing, rather than shrinking! :grinning:

4 Likes

I got the same feeling guys! I’ve started buying MAID back in the bull run in 2017. I’ve been majorly disappointed by its performance compared to other alt coins (which I was following but didn’t buy because all I wanted was MAID). This bear market I told myself that next bull market was going to be different, all the signs were there to believe the next bull run was perfectly lined up with a safe network testnet. I’m all-in on MAID again, and thats not changing!

4 Likes

Fleming before Christmas? :santa::santa::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

A Safenetwork token on ERC20 requires minimal effort, and that still hasn’t happen. All these dreams of +$0.30 MAID are crazy. We have no liquidity, no demand, no product, no roadmap.

If anyone wants the price to be $51, i’ll sell you 100 at that price.

4 Likes

We have a professional team, an amazing community, a very complex product that’s getting closer and closer to a testnet. We simply do not sell at these prices, we don’t have a mining pool or dev fund dumping consistently, and we don’t spend over $100.000 to get listed on a premium exchange. We’re here for the long run, not the quick cash grab. But I’m 100% confident its going to pay off eventually.

10 Likes

ERC20 is not a quick cash grab, it will be useful even when the network is live, at least to begin with. There is no reason not to swap away this annoying, clumsy, hard to use OMNI coin. Access to uniswap would be amazing, it would show MaidSafe can see the blockchain space is evolving and it would be beneficial to take part.

Creating ERC20 tokens is almost free. Access to uniswap is free.

I have yet to be given a valid reason why still no ERC20.

6 Likes

We do have a dev fund selling, its how dev continues.

1 Like

This is the most viewed thread, with the most posts. So the community cares about trading their tokens. MaidSafe could do something beneficial with ERC20, but for some reason they won’t.

1 Like

Just because you don’t agree with the reason doesn’t mean it isn’t a reason. Like I said, we have a very professional team, by far the most professional team in the “altcoin” space. They explained very well why they’re not making the effort for ERC20.

3 Likes

It’s not free and not without risk.

The above plus the team are 100% focussed on launch. I cannot be more clear about this. No product == no project IMO. Our biggest issue is to resolve the no product problem. Even then we don’t have experience of erc20 in house and who do we trust to do that for us? So a lot of if’s buts and maybes do make that a significant barrier for us.

It’s easy to say oh do X Y Z etc. However, anyone one in our team not working for launch is not gonna be in our team long :wink: We must be driven and determined in that regard.

There are community efforts, and these I applaud and cannot be thankful enough for, but bashing the team is in no one’s interest. So to be clear right now the team don’t do marketing, PR, finance tooling, interviews, attend conferences etc.

After we launch all that changes, but until then, it’s work work work on launch. That’s all.

38 Likes

I didn’t say no I don’t agree with the reason, I have no idea what the reason behind not swapping to ERC20 is.

There is no reason to do something else, only release product after so many years… After that you could start other things

4 Likes

It’s obvious that they get closer everyday but I was hoping the bitcoin run would start a little later. If we follow last cycle, it took 9 months from hitting new highs around $1200 to topping out the parabolic run just below $20,000. It will always be easier to make a big impression both in product and price during a crypto up cycle and that window is closing a little faster than I personally expected. I thought maybe we would see 20k early 2021. Seems as if we may be hitting that before November is done. Hoping for the best and trusting the process.

3 Likes

If the Safe product is successful whenever we release it it will cause a new Bull Run :wink:

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the network with token +farming +decentralised +…

:blush:

A price boost for MAID would probably help the team too :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Yeah, I know what you mean. I wasn’t expecting to cross $20K until Jan/Feb of 2021. It will be very telling to see how/whether MaidSafe leverages the current environment b/c…

…in terms of funding, awareness, and engagement.

At times it does feel like staring into darkness, hoping that at anytime now the light is about to flicker on. Let’s see if and hope that dawn approaches sometime soon.

15 Likes

I hope you are righ