MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

There does have to be a tipping point where it actually does get released. The people who have been around and get/are getting anxious is because we have seen “near something” before only to delay months, years ect. Everyone wants the most value and ease of use but there does always seem to be we are there…but we are going to add this one thing. Anyone remember the excitement from PARSEC? I don’t because it was 18 months ago. I’m not trying to be a down and certainly not a non-believer, just always feels like “there is something else”.

5 Likes

No one really knows when release date will be but what would we do without eagerly hanging out for the weekly update. Very addictive that is going to take a while to wean myself off

4 Likes

Everyone during past peak times/years knew deep down there were other parts to finish coding, even when excited about major breakthroughs (like PARSEC). It’s different now that all the fundamentals have been coded as far as I’m aware; and now they’re all being strung together, which is way different than not knowing how many pieces are needed in the first place (and Crust was replaced with quic).

Public testing is probably the next major hurdle, though I don’t know how long that will take. But that should start in a matter of 1-2 months, as far as I’m concerned (one of those hunches). Therefore, Fleming is literally a lower end of months away from being released (again: afaic), not years. Basically: years ago there was excitement via conceptualizations. Now the concepts are done, and almost all put together, and being done quickly rather than slowly (through intelligent downsizing and reorganization).

4 Likes

Network upgrades and restarts may take a while. I recall someone in the past a couple of years ago saying this was a biggie.
So for me, working multiple vaults and upgrades and restarts are the biggies

3 Likes

That’s why this is like the best buy time. In the past we have seen tons of pumps based on excitement about conceptualizations. Now we are close to an actual PRODUCT though. Kinda gotta feel bad for people that are like this is “another let down” it prolly won’t come out in December and sell. At the same time someone is gonna buy that and I certainly intend to compete for cheap MAID with a product so close.

4 Likes

Do you think for full release before 2025?

1 Like

I am very happy for an extended accumulation period.

4 Likes

I realistically think 2030. Which isn’t a problem because this just simply takes time. The team is doing great and I hope they stay laser focused. But maybe everyone should rethink their expectations and realize that there is still a lot to do.

1 Like

I wonder. With a Fleming-ish release, while we only have the token Maidsafe. Imagine if the token beat the price of bitcoin.

How would the market cope with a token of a price higher than the chain it exists on?

3 Likes

2030? Was this meant to be a joke that I didn’t understand or are you serious?

1 Like

how are they gonna fund dev all the way til 2030? Based on how much MAID they borrowed there is definitely a much earlier limit. Of course that’s notwithstanding some major increase in demand like oh say an actual product people could tell their neighbor about. I think right now their goal is get a MvE product out the door ASAP and not burn all that MAID at low prices. Maybe it will be several years between that and final. I don’t really care what you call it if its a product that is growing the interest in buying some MAID though. At that point they can take their time and get everything perfect, meanwhile us traders will be happy making money as more and more people use the product. I think as long as they can get to that situation soon everyone is happy.

2 Likes

I’ve been following this project for 3 years and people have kept saying “whouaou the release is closer than ever, like a few weeks or months left”. But more and more I feel like every month the release date is postponed to “unknown date + 1 month”… Actually I begin to feel pessimistic about a Network release at all… Sad

3 Likes

well lets keep in mind its not like the dev team ever came out and said oh ya like 2 months left. They have been strictly quiet about this issue. All they do is give us updates on how much they did last week. Its us that speculates “Oh man this means Fleming any day now!”

Anyways that’s where you catch a dip. When someone is like damit I was planning to sell when they put out Fleming on X date but now that date is past and we aren’t pumping. Right now every time that happens I am like yep thanks for the coins. I’ll sell them back to you when we do have a product. I prefer sooner but I am flexible on when that happens.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with the other person about feeling pessimistic but again, every day that goes by, especially months and years, they give another product, even a lesser product to become king. I don’t fear waiting, but I fear waiting because of what can take over ahead of it.

2 Likes

ya that is a danger that something better comes out. Like google just decides one day we are making a SAFEnet-esque thing. If someone with deep pockets like that came out it would certainly turn into more of a race. I think when we have a product we will be a big player to though. Even Google can’t instantly make what we are calling Fleming. So as long as that happens soon we will be first to a working prototype. Based on how much MAID they have to fund the project, at current prices Fleming can’t take forever anyways. They need to get that sucker out while they still have lots of MAID actually. That way they should have funding to push though Maxwell and on to final, but it really depends on multiplying the value of the MAID they have now with a product that can start gaining traction.

2 Likes

I think we will see some fireworks by 2022 (MVE release and subsequent widespread attention to the project). The team has runway until then at today’s prices so it’s all good. Beyond that I don’t see why full launch should stretch past 2025 unless something unexpectedly fails. When I first started buying in in 2017 I thought it would likely be 5 years until we saw the first release of a working network. All the progress and decisions made since then have only increased my confidence. I’m as optimistic as ever. I think it’s best not to get caught up in weekly or monthly milestones, but follow the big picture. As long as the dev team is working the appropriate things (and it sure seems they are) everything will fall into place soon enough.

I do worry about a competitor doing something similar, especially an organization like Google or Facebook. But then I remind myself they have so much more to gain by the current system where the data is not protected or encrypted. They wouldn’t want to start work on something like this that would attack their core business and revenue stream. This is also why it’s best Maidsafe is relatively unknown until MVE. Once we have a network up and running the competition may start in earnest, but hopefully we will have a sufficient head start to make that irrelevant at that point.

4 Likes

This is the same I think about, not all are fanatics and ultra optimistic about releases…

1 Like

I think of it like a car. If there are no vaults from home its like not even got an engine. You can sit in it in your garage and dream. At some point the car works but is not “user friendly” The original Fleming design was a car that didn’t even work yet. Now they are saying it will be one a normal person can drive. Of course next step is add more features, but I think getting it to the point anyone can use it is huge. My belief is they were thinking ok so we are gonna be funded by MAID then what parameters does Fleming need so that more people will be attracted to the project and we will have constant new MAID buyers.

9 Likes

Even if you want to sell, you can’t. Number of Exchanges trading maid is very limited.

1 Like

People’s expectations or evaluations for that matter are so drastically different. End of 2020? That would be amazing but seems u likely. Others above say 2025-2030, for a full network that seems drastic. The US reorganized the aeronautics program in 1958 to create NASA. 11 years later they landed humans on the moon. Perhaps I don’t appreciate the complexity sometimes of this project but if it took to 2030, that’s nearly 25 years. Seems like eternity quite honestly. Even 15 years seems quite absurd.

1 Like