MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

but most of the volume might be investors that were just already there playing waves or whatever. That’s a few thousand dollars of NEW investment we need to see each day at todays prices. I just don’t see the community growing at that rate right now. Got my fingers crossed we see tons of new interest with Fleming but that could go either way. If we don’t have some kind of a boom like that soon this will creep up on us after a while.

1 Like

remember that every MaidSafe developer has shares in the company and each share will generate 105 MAID as soon as the network starts + dividends in the future…

Each MaidSafe developer is a potential multimillionaire :wink:

3 Likes

Are you sure about every one?

1 Like

yes, David said they already have a fund for that…

3 Likes

Yes all current staff, just before this news have share options. We have a mechanism to still pay those options. It’s very cool, but means folk are “invested” and will be rightly rewarded. :+1:

17 Likes

what will be the cost of creating an Safe ID account, is 0.001 safecoin a valid nr? i see it on the screens from the safe app https://www.figma.com/file/vozSPJqHwjopEPz1WynLrv/Safe-Network-App-v2?node-id=4533%3A219

1 Like

We don’t know yet, it’s just placeholder content in the work-in-progress designs.

It will be a small amount of Safecoin though, as the Account packet (+ extra for a Safe ID, public profile, basic settings) is only a tiny amount of data.

5 Likes

alright , lets hope its not more than 0.001, potentially this can be worth a dollar or something.

1 Like

I would think it would be incredibly unlikely that it’ll be a dollar. The market will price it ofc, and i doubt anyone will want to pay circa $1000 to store a GB of data. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

does it mean that the cost of 1 gb of data stored on safe will be 1 safe? didnt know that

1 Like

No. As I say, all the figures you see in those (work-in-progress) mockups are just placeholders.

3 Likes

do you know how this will be evaluted and when? is this work something related to farming and will be solved before maxwell or ?

You mean the size of the Account Packet?

(This is probably OT for this thread BTW)

sorry i mean the cost of storage, cost of ID creation, but i guess its farming, no more questions, thanks.

I think that one of the Maxwell update could contain change of PUT cost and reward mechanism. The one for Fleming will be more like test only if no change since https://forum.autonomi.community/t/rfc-57-safecoin-revised/28660

2 Likes

I don’t see how we have not digested this yet… the dollar value of a SAFEcoin could be anything. It all depends on the size of the network. The dollar costs of PUTs will be pretty stable… but as more people are doing PUTs that means each has to cost less safecoin hence making the dollar value of a safecoin go up.

1 Like

its price will only rise if people keep it without spending it…

on the contrary. If people are spending it on PUTs that will create pressure for farmers to add more resources. That’s where the pie grows. The dollar cost per unit of storage will remain the same… so now we have a bigger pie represented by the same amount of safecoin so each safecoin is indeed worth more pie.

The “pie” is really network resources not dollars. So if there are breakthoughs in technology that makes a Gb worth less dollars it could actually shrink in dollar value. I am pretty sure at least for the first decade of the network the rate at which its growing will outpace technology advances devaluing those Gbs

1 Like

I think you’re wrong, though. If it has 2 safecoins in the whole network and they are constantly rotating, they price cannot be raised… they will just move from the network to the people and vice versa.

The price will only go up if I keep 1 safecoin… Then the other will cost more.

Edit:

The price is supported by the network resources, but is not the network resources you can buy. There is a big difference in my opinion…

That is kinda true in the current MAID market where we aren’t really seeing huge growth in customers right now. I am hoping the big difference at finial will be that new people are constantly joining the community. If we are constantly getting more people to hold the coins then its not necessary to freeze them to see price increases.

That’s why I am sorta bearish medium term right now. The loan deal is unfreezing a lot of coins, but we don’t really have new people flowing in to buy them. However in the long term I am bullish because if we don’t see new customers at least by final then something went really wrong somewhere.

2 Likes