MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Buy back in. There is a way to go

2 Likes

I donā€™t know about you guys but I bought so much MAID on this dip its tempting to try to be a dick and suppress the price for a rebuy while in panic mode for the next few days. Well no I donā€™t do EVERYTHING possible to make money trading lol. Still I gotta think some others will do this and Iā€™ll at be there to compete on the buy side for sure!

In fact I have seen that many times before. You get a bit of news then big sell walls goes up and everyone dumps then walls disappear after the panic synergy is over.

1 Like

Not sure, but can US customers use https://changelly.com/ ?
They works for couple of years and looks like solid company.
Exchange rate looks OK.

Edit:
Another move for @maidsafe could be get MAID on crypto.com wallet, but I think that all pairs they offer must be on Binance.

Edit 2: Terms of use from Changelly:
ā€œ4.1.3 - you are NOT in, under the control of, or a national or resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Crimea, Sudan, Syria, United States of America (including all USA territories like Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Island, and the US Virgin Islands (St. Croix, St. John and St. Thomas), Bangladesh and Bolivia, as well as any other country subject to United Nations Security Council Sanctions List and its equivalent (ā€œProhibited Jurisdictionsā€). Changelly does not operate in Prohibited Jurisdictions. Changelly maintains the right to select its markets and jurisdictions to operate and may restrict or deny its services to certain countries at any time;ā€

4 Likes

wonder if it would be possible to set up a DEX somehow on the SAFE network. I am no tech wiz so you can lol at me now if that is a silly suggestion. Just seems to me webpages often run code. In fact like every modern page is a lot more then just a document. Would it be possible to write a code that can interact with the blockchain so people can deposit and withdraw? I gotta figure the actual exchange is doable. Its just like a big spreadsheet that gets updated frequently by many people. Can we maybe even do it in Fleming since we will have true decentralization by then?

1 Like

Itā€™s so sad, as well as scary, seeing the US on lists like this one. Iā€™m old enough to remember when many people around the world looked up to the US as the land of the free. Odd countries, where you needed special arrangements for trade and travel, were places like the USSR and some corrupt and war-torn old colonies in Africa. Now the US has become one of the ā€œspecialā€ ones.

My latest experience travelling outside of Europe was Mexico last year. Wanna fly from Germany to Mexico? Ā”No hay problema! Ā”Bienvenidos! Heck, I donā€™t even need a visa. Wanna fly to, or even change flights in the US? Get in a separate line at the airport. Why a separate line, I ask an official. Thatā€™s classified. Fine, Iā€™ll be on my way and just avoid places like that. Maybe Iā€™ll visit Colombia next time I want to get away from the cold and the dark here.

8 Likes

Americans talk a big game about revolution. But before you jump to omg I need guns to fight the government I have a wayyyy out there totally off the wall ideaā€¦ what if you write your local representative and be like I didnā€™t vote for this nanny state. Freedom is like a garden. You canā€™t just make it all nice one year and thatā€™s all you ever have to do. Takes constant work. If you neglect it weeds will take over.

2 Likes

I still refuse to believe the US is more of a nanny state than Finland. I canā€™t even get in my boat without a government approved life jacket here! Different countries, different problems. (Sorry for going a bit off topic again.)

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not what he said at all.

He said you can use omniwallet.org to check your balance without providing your pvt key, after you have had them moved.

If the coins are on poloniex, only they have the pvt key to move them.

2 Likes

You check your balance here:

1 Like

Well thatā€™s one way.
Or use omniwallet.org and click check balance.

1 Like

It looks like Omniwallet only shows MAID, whereas Omniexplorer shows MAID as well as BTC.

1 Like

Afaik it shows all balances on that address, but Iā€™m not testing it now, canā€™t be bothered to turn on PC.

Edit.
Certainly if you login it shows btc balances so I canā€™t see why it wouldnā€™t.
Edit2. Ok so I checked one balance, it shows 0.0 BTC there, which i know is incorrect as they send hundreds of sats to make the transaction due to how omni works.

I would guess they did not consider listing such small balances as a few hundred sats without logging in.

1 Like

However I did. Nobody picked up on it so I searched the forum for a link with more info. Here it is: Buying Maidsafecoin & storage - #72 by polpolrene
Or
Extracting Maidsafe Coins From Paper Wallet - #12 by DavidMc0

1 Like

I donā€™t want to argue with you about what you said, you know what you said.

However. Did you say that

Because you certainly canā€™t move your own coins of poloniex through omniwallet without a pvt key.
Yes poloniex could, you could not as you cant sign anything offline without that pvt key, that you donā€™t have access to.

1 Like

Right. I was just trying to say that you can use the online wallet to make transactions without revealing your private key to the online wallet (after moving them off Polo).

1 Like

I have a fair amount of MAID, and have kept them on OmniCore for a few years without issue. A couple of times I needed to update the software, but no big deal. This software loads and syncs the entire Bitcoin blockchain, though, so it grinds away like crazy. Also, whenever the computer needs to be rebooted there is a risk of the chain being corrupted. As it takes many weeks to sync the chain from scratch I just keep a copy then it only has to sync from that point forward.

Poloniex used to give me the ā€œcomplete: errorā€ about 1 in 4 times I tried to move my coins off. You need to submit a trouble ticket (which for some reason you have to register for separately) and they typically push the transaction through within a day. Not sure how long now that there will be a mass exodus.

Being in the US it really sucks not to have any exchange available. Poloniex recently added a US$ coin that allowed me to bypass Coinbase. I could wire money in and get my MAID within a few hours at minimal expense. Oh wellā€¦

I was hoping to buy some more MAID if we broke below $0.10, but Iā€™m pretty satisfied with what I have. Whatā€™s interesting is I feel way more annoyed that I canā€™t buy any more if this drop continues than I am about missing out on selling some if we get a pop in price when Fleming/MVP is released. I have absolutely no inclination to sell any now, and Iā€™m ready to HODL. Other than a potential profit on MVP release, this project has always been a long-term investment. If Bitcoin is any guide, those that sold as it approached $1000 probably felt foolish as it went blasting through $10K. I have the same problem others have mentioned: I tend to want to sell early. Now I wonā€™t have that problem, at least for a while.

8 Likes

With a lot of people cut off from the exchange that would mean the supply of coins on the market is going to be a little bit drier.
This could mean MAID price will go up.

3 Likes

I always go back to the same thing. I donā€™t actually understand peopleā€™s desire to sell if the network goes off in full course. Unless you are retirement age or already in retirement why would you sell just to have some extra cash when the potential is so huge? Itā€™s ok to take some profit but investors lack patience these days imo.

3 Likes

My thought is that at some point there will likely be a logical point or points to take some profits (based on the price). Like any investment I would only sell based on risk/reward relative to the price at the time.

2 Likes

Reached out to Polo and issue is now resolved. They didnā€™t explain what happened, but they pushed the transaction through, and I was able to withdraw everything.

9 Likes