MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Depends on whether the Flemming product is useable by the average guy or only by those who understand developer speak and also whether and how Marketing reach out to crypto influencers.

5 Likes

It could blow up bigger if it was super user friendly but I think even if its just something businessā€™ and super-nerds find useful at first that could still be quite huge in proportion to the market right now. Like even though the people on this forum are super into it and all, we are really just a small merry band. If we start seeing 100 new users of the network per month that is still gonna seem like a big impact.

3 Likes

Who says this? Seems like a straw man attack to me ā€¦

Over the past year the only time moontalk has come up is in comments like this saying ā€œeveryone says weā€™re going to the moon, but really ā€¦ā€ No one says weā€™re going to the moon, or if they do, itā€™s virtually always jokingly.

Those of us who believe in the project and have invested accordingly hope the price goes up, of course. But my experience of price talk on these forums is that it tends to be sober, cautiously optimistic, etc. I mean ā€¦ look above.

I get that youā€™re shorting but if it depends on false arguments, Iā€™m taking the other side :wink:

It seems weā€™re in a transition phase with this project, which has me and others justifiably, I think, excited. I donā€™t know what the price will do because I donā€™t know what BTC will do or what the stock markets will do, but I believe in the project, think itā€™s grossly undervalued, and invest accordingly. I could be wrong, but I think anyone who sells on Flemming based on the cliche ā€œbuy the rumor, sell the newsā€ misunderstands this project and the majority of its supporters. Thereā€™s a reason MAID is the single least correlated to BTC among alts ā€¦

5 Likes

I base my speculation on what I expect the floor to be.

Assuming it is even close to what we are expecting, the floor, to me, is that it will become the new ā€œDark Webā€. Letā€™s face it, Tor sucks. If the SafeNetwork is not more performant and usable than Tor, the project failed, IMO. Additionally, it seems ripe to replace P2P functionality, especially if we have a PtP reward. Even without a PtP reward, we will probably see some Patreon-esque sites pop up to crowd fund the major media rippers with micro-transactions to allow them to upload. The anonymous nature, and streamable + downloadable media makes it a gold mine for pirates.

These two things alone would push the SafeNetwork value up to several billion dollars if it could successfully consolidate these two ā€œmarketsā€. That just scratches the surface of what the network could be, but I see these two markets as obvious early adopters, which their use cases alone would project a ~$10/coin price at current coin levels.

10 Likes

I would prefer that the Network even in the early stages is known for good things, than not so. A master stroke would be for Wikipedia to be migrated over, or a major news outlet, currently behind a pay-wall, to come on board and accept micropayments for articles viewed - but perhaps I am too much an optimist.

9 Likes

The Brave browser which uses BATs, Basic Attention Tokens is an interesting take to paying content creators. Iā€™d love to see an honest wikipedia supported on SAFENet. It would quickly become a preferred source of information. Youā€™d start off with Wikipedia as your base and then let the natural editing begin. This would give solid history of how the information evolved. Just one of the many things that will push the value of SAFENet higher. Someone will do something like this. Maybe authors get paid on use of content.

8 Likes

Everything is in the green, Maidsafe is in the red. Ho Hum

1 Like

From what I have read the brave system does not work that well as it is easy to game the system with fake users/viewers. Has it become better lately?

2 Likes

I can confirm that they stopped giving me free moneyā€¦ and Iā€™m 100% real, last time I checked :wink:

The fact that you are 100% real might be 100% the problem. :wink: With a 100k bots you might have been able to drink umbrella drinks all days long forever. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I wonder if we will get another shot at that sweet $0.10 buy in point. :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Iā€™d be grateful to the CrytoGods if they allow it one more shot at $0.10. Iā€™m also okay if they donā€™t :slight_smile:

High Octane Speculation
Iā€™m feeling bitcoin is coming down for a bit. If MAID does not take off in this time we may well see a nice discount for a bit. Probably the last one before we need space suits. :rocket: Be well!!

At the very least we bet on an ethical project.

13 Likes

Does anyone know if there is anyone that actually researches the bona fides of various cryptos or do they just wait to get paid for promoting various cryptos.
You would have to blind, deaf and dumb if you hold yourself out to be a crypto expert and not see where this project is at and where it will be in a relatively short period of time

6 Likes

Back when it all began, most thought our dreams to big. " It canā€™t be done" ā€œvapor wareā€ they said.
I think the majority of that crowd hasnā€™t done their due diligence since.
You are correct of course, anyone who looks will see the real value being created.
Our day will come, or so I firmly believe.

13 Likes

looks like we got some eager beavers buying today;) I love volatility like this to make daytrading money! My job is basically to smooth these bumps out with longer term moves.

This one is proving hard to reel in. I mean every time he buys it right up like that it really depletes reserves available to sell in this range. Really good chance the floor will go up more if he keeps gassing it like that. Not that I am big enough to do it alone, but I increase my max buy order every time he wants to give me such a nice profitā€¦ gotta think in general other daytraders are thinking the same though. As he eats some higher sell orders its like ya sure I will buy back a bit higher cause the margin is still huge.

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance, but what does that even mean.
It makes no sense to me at all.

Edit.
Also if

Then why on earth would you want to

Sorry but I often get very confused by what you write.
It often makes no sense to meā€¦

Maybe itā€™s just me.

5 Likes

Think of daytrader as big monster that eats waves. So I like it when there ARE waves to eatā€¦ thus I eat them and then there are less. I do see what you are saying though. Maybe there are some out there that do things to create volatility to profit from but the natural tendency is for it to reduce as people buy the dips and sell the peeks.

2 Likes

A day trader is not a big monster that eats waves though is it.

A day trader either.

A) buys expecting price to go up and sell. ( go long )
B) Sells expecting price to go down and buy ( short )

1 Like

well yes that is true but on much shorter time spans then the long term HODLer. Some people will buy what they think the low for the year is and sell when they think its the peek for the year. Daytraders will do this to only multiple times per day sometimes instead of just once and a while. When there is a local peek I will sell some and put a little downward pressure on the price in the process. when its a local minimum I will buy and create upward pressure. The net effect of this is I am pushing on both sides towards a more stable price. Really everyone is eating waves in this way just the daytrader eats like a humming bird and the HODLer eats like a snake.

Daytraders are always there to keep any blips like we had today in check. Whereas long term HODLers tend to ignore small blips and just let them happen while they wait for the big swing.

In a way itā€™s really just about how you approach risk. When I see a big fat 20% gain I take it thinking ā€œif I donā€™t and it goes back down I missed an opportunityā€ On the other hand if you take the fast 20% you might be selling right at the toe of the real super pump and miss out on that. I think most people, myself included, are not so black and white. For example I will really only sell up to a set percentage of my bag in this area but the part I am willing to daytrade with can flip between buying and selling quite a lot

3 Likes

You seem ( just my opinion of course) to think you understand the mentality of other traders and what they do.
I can assure you, from my perspective you do not.
This convo is going nowhere, Iā€™m not gaining any new insight.
Namaste.

4 Likes