MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I think if fleming would have been released already it would help a lot concerning the price of maidsafecoins. Would that be the case the uncertainty would fade out I think

1 Like

Fleming derisks the project to a large extent but why would a sane investor invest without knowing when a product will be released. There are a lot of not so sane investors here, including me

1 Like

I see the glass as half full. At least they arnā€™t stringing us along with dates they canā€™t hit or would release an inferior product if they got boxed into. Apple churning a new iphone by a particular release date is what you want? Ok there are lots of bluechip stocks out there. If you wana take some risk (and stand to gain a lot more reward) you need to be ok with these unknowns.

At some point the balance will tip and the price will be low enough that people will be like gā€™damn I donā€™t care if it takes 10 years I want in at this price! I think we might be getting there. Buy support is as strong as itā€™s ever been since that last dump. Rather then scare people off I think that guy pushed it down to the point its totally obvious this will profit if you just HOLD for a little while

1 Like

Hi everyone, thought to just pass by again after a long time. And as @andyypants is saying the price is attracting me back ;)! So wonder is there anything special why the price is extremly low or just the normal market action ?

3 Likes

woah hey nice to see you man @Bacobob ! been too long! you still on twitter? Haha I knew at some point the OGs were gonna see these prices and be like ok Iā€™ll sit back down to play again :smile:

1 Like

Doing great actually bear market was insane, lucky I was out allmost all of it. Still on twitter yea not that active though as before now own two crypto companies. How are you doing ?

Playing def. started again haha enough happening. There will be some nice pumps upcomming period so just sitback and going back to fundamentals after.

Always wanted to buy some maidsafe back but never was the time for it now it slowly gets my attention back alsways in it for the Tech but def. not in it to lose money :wink:

Lot happend need to read up lol

1 Like

Ignorant comment, but I guess thereā€™s a lot to keep up with, and the Safe network is certainly a slow burner, even if it could become the most useful crypto project of all.

People may look back in a few years hoping they had looked into the tech & how valuable it could be if it succeeds. The ROI from here will be insane if MaidSafe deliver the network.

I am not betting against them :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just sad they still have the omni token, would prefer something supported by a hardware wallet. Now I would not be able to add it to my longterm portfolio.

Is there a reason why they didnt switch to erc20 in all this time ?

2 Likes

I am doing well. Still alive after the big bear. Many friends dead but I am still trading. Always great to see a familiar face come out of the mist. What do your crypto companies do?

Maybe I am pessimistic, but if itā€™s take 2-3 years more to have a production version then it will be very very difficult to attract dev and users, etc. Tech is not all and the project can still fail at this point. I think i will try to write a short article to explain my point of view :slight_smile: Nobody really know whatā€™s going on. I still have my bag from 2016, but I am thinking to sell and buyback after one year when they will be more advancement.

1 Like

@MaidSafeMan Itā€™s tempting to think that way when prices are down. But if you were pure vulcan logical then you would have sold like last month. Donā€™t let the emotion the price going down short term cloud your long term judgement. I would say we are near the maximum skepticism right now and with Fleming in the next few months you wonā€™t see prices this low again. Donā€™t sell the bottom now to rebuy later when all the risk is gone. Then all the reward is gone to!

2 Likes

Humm I donā€™t think Fleming will have an important impact on the price. For sure the Maidsafe community will be excited, but this will not last. Remember the ALPHA 2, even during a bull market, the news of the ALPHA 2 didnā€™t impact the price that much. If I sell, it will be to buy something which can outperform $MAID in the short/middle term. I donā€™t expect anything for MAID until we have all parts of the network ready and working together (even during a test phase). We can not forget that what Maidsafe do is totally new and this could fail for X reasons.

I thought many times before that we are at bottom. After 10 months of downfall (relative to BTC) i wouldnt dare to say that. Dont get me wrong, i still dont think the price is the issue, if there is visible work behind the team.
But as i am looking at commits on Github and checking Jira tasks i sadly dont see much work in relevant repos there. 99% of what is needed now is Routing and there is nearly zero visible progress there in many months.

@MaidSafeMan @grynca

Ok well let me ask you bears thisā€¦ Obviously you see some value in this project or you would not be hereā€¦ at what price would you be willing to buy MAID today, even if we are talking 5 years before you sell?

Thatā€™s a very selective start time. If they went back a bit further, it would be obvious that maidsafecoin has done as well as Bitcoin has (in market cap terms).

Anything up from here is MAID outperforming BTC over the last 4 or 5 years.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know what branch of routing youā€™re looking at but, these past weeks, thereā€™s been a huge amount of work done. Both in routing and in the new repository routing_model.

10 Likes

Iā€™ve still not seen anyone else attempting a general immutable data store, let alone a self authenticating, highly anonymous data network. Until there is, maidsafe are still the leaders in this area.

If people cannot see the value proposition here, Iā€™d say it was more fool them than us.

15 Likes

protip: even if you are all in higher maybe follow it down a bit. Short term swing trading is pretty hot right now. just careful not to go all out just before it trends back up long term :wink:

1 Like

To me it looks that price will rise when investors will feel that working beta or lunch is near ā€¦lets say about 12 months.
Until than, they will try to have bigger gains on Bitcoin or anything else.

I do not have this feeling right now.