MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

18m low in USD. Close to a 4y low in BTC. How much lower can it go? Does it really look that bleak from the outside looking in?

2 Likes

Yeah but turnover is SFA. IMO, Only those that have to sell are doing so

here we go :smiling_imp:

Actually happy maidsafe does not intervene and does not waste resources to support the price.
Real market here, with someone who is giving up.
You don’t need money urgently when you still have 70btc worth of MAID at current level imo

Can go way lower, and hope we won’t have a new funding issue.

3 Likes

Agreed, but I think some test nets and alpha 3 getting out the door would be a big help. I feel people need reassurance that stuff is being delivered (beyond words/updates).

5 Likes

Yes.
This forum is like an echo chamber stuffed with cheerleaders. Stick arround a little too long and your judgement will be distorted.
Taking a step back can be sobering. MaidSafe is just one of the hundreds of crypto. Many projects enjoy way better funding and appear closer to achieving their goals. Meanwhile MaidSafe was late to deliver two years ago and two years later still seems nowhere near completion. Selling pressure has sunk the token so deep that it now looks like some obscure dead coin.

4 Likes

But we know this is not true, is it? That is why the people who follow the project closely deserve the profit :wink:

The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

10 Likes

4 years later and we still don’t have vaults from home. Even worse, we have been waiting for a timeline for 4 years and we still don’t have one of those either. Honestly, see this project not releasing an alpha 3 network for 2 more years, and that’s if they have the funding to continue.

2 Likes

Are we really all that hot? :blush:

11 Likes

True or not is only half of the issue.
The market cap isn’t only a monetary measure, but an image.
Imagine how do you advertise when your project is close to the bottom of the list. In some sense, the market cap is the crypto’s credit rating.
Pray to the dear lord MaidSafe has sufficient funding.

in fact, I pray that they will not have, because I would be delighted to buy more of their shares :wink:

2 Likes

I agree with much of the comments, but not interchanging supporters as cheerleeders etc. :wink: :smiley:

I would say though, market cap taken at short periods, or even instants is not a measure of a projects image. I see a huge number of reasons for sell-offs and coupled with shorting then it clearly is not a reflection of an image. Over longer periods I believe it is much closer to an image of a project.

Crypto is perhaps also exaggerated by extremely short termism, so fast buck == great, but longer term profit == rubbish. I imagine any reasoned person will know that extreme profits will lead to extreme volatility and consequently extreme stress for short term views and day traders etc. The human trait of greed (as in greed is good etc.) will always lead folk to believe there are great profits from almost no effort or diligence, but luck.

The larger the prospect and hopefully longevity does not always suit, this I also believe is most apparent in the earlier adopter marketplace.

In any case, my feeling is that all of this is perfectly normal and people from the outside will be currently saying oh they have not moved forward, released nothing and so forth. These are incorrect statements, but can be argued from a far enough distance to the be “true”. People closer to the project and following it closely (looking like cheerleaders to some, perhaps) will have much more info than those far away, I imagine that it is hard to say those with less knowledge are better informed, but people will continually do so, who would have thought :wink:

So for me, week to week price is very unimportant, month to month, more so and longer term I find it very interesting, but I am even more interested in so much more in this short life. Doing the right thing at the right time beats all I am afraid, I know we do that every day and therefore I am comfortable in that respect. If we could go faster then I am sure everyone knows we would. If the critics of our speed would just lift one finger to help, then they are part of the solution and that would be great. For those who don’t code, then engagement here is as important at times. Thanks all :+1:

28 Likes

Maybe the one who sold the 2.1 Million MaidSafeCoins at once today couldn’t wait for his Lambo.
For the rest of us, there is also Elettra, granddaughter of Ferrucio L. to compensate for possible lack of cheerleading hotness here :wink: :
Pem Pem and Mala (warning: extreme twerking).

7 Likes

Chill_pill

10 Likes

A 10% drop?

I know some of us can be seen as cheerleaders (I am too ugly to look like one) but this looks like someone either got tired of holding MAID or is a whale trying to manipulate the price down so they can buy cheap on the expected pump when testnets and/or alpha3 is announced (ie before the release of them).

I’d go for the whale selling in order to cause a “run on the market” and end up buying MAID at a much lower price and doing the pump dance.

Its not insignificant that we’ve had a number saying the drop is coming and a couple of fud posts and even one post that just says dump repeated. Seen it all before here and in other forums for the coins.

9 Likes

Which projects? Did you mean Ethereum? :wink:

“The tweet by Buterin was subsequently criiticized by Nouriel Roubini aka “Dr. Doom,” who predicted the 2008 financial crisis. The anti-crypto economist said that Buterin has been “promising Proof-of-Stake (PoS) since 2013,” while the world is “still waiting for a system that is scalable, decentralized and secure”

The world is still “waiting” it seems!!

2 Likes

That’s not a bad strapline for SAFE

4 Likes

We should tweet Roubini when Alpha 3 goes live. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sorry guys I pressed the wrong button :grimacing: I will buy back coming days :slight_smile:

8 Likes

the red one? :slight_smile: No worries, partially did the same but mostly because of the Bitfinex and USD Tether thing. Everytime I hear Those two together a cold chill run through my body, too much smoke without a fire, @SwissPrivateBanker possible Mt.Gox 2.0?

2 Likes