MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

With this I can agree. I do question why anyone would be trading (as opposed to investing in) MAID. Personally, I don’t think there’s (ever really been) enough liquidity or access—particularly after the Bittrex delisting—to justify trading MAID as a play with balanced risk/reward. Trading, however, has never been my game.

4 Likes

Again, trading and investing are two completely different games. Investing is about the real-life long term value of something, trading is about exploiting market inefficiencies (and low liquidity presents its own particular inefficiencies.) They require different personalities, mindsets, tools. Questioning someone who does the other is like debating the guy who prefers Waikiki instead of the Rockies.

Note: I do realize @anon96570664 is both a trader and an investor, and he’s good at compartmentalizing those two sides.

I’ll make a bold prediction: we’ve hit bottom already at 0.20. If I’m wrong, I don’t care. To me though it seems that everytime 0.20 comes around most traders have already jumped ship leaving behind those who will not sell so quickly. Thats my not so technical analysis, cheers

1 Like

Most traders don’t make money, most long term holders do. Just a fact of the business. Traders provide liquidity and price action for prices to eventually go higher. I’m happy to let other do that for me as we go from .20 or .05 to $100+.

3 Likes

“Happier than a child unleashed from a sweatshop and into a sweet shop.” Sounds legit. Also whoa huge amount of posts.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

Even though I don’t like it I have to agree with you. I’m on the record as saying I can’t wait for the day the Maid sets its own value

4 Likes

Just because extreme values can accour dosen’t mean that there is not random price movements that falls within normal distribution, even though the normal distribution might be approximate, skewed or kurtosis.

To calculate the mean of past daily return was done to show statistical analysis and did not meant to be predictive in any way, it was used to show that what seems like a huge price drop could be a random event without a bigger meaning.

Does not look like much happens here but recently acquired by Coinbase perhaps a decentralized option?

2 Likes

In fact, more of the samples are within 1 standard deviation than for a normal distribution. The problem is, when they aren’t, they can be very far.

It’s a bit like the situation when you’re saying crossing the road blindfolded is a safer than crossing the meadows blindfolded because the pavement is much smoother therefore you have a lower probability to stumble. You may add that those who say you’re risking your life are idiots because never were you been killed by a car while in it.

You multiplied the daily returns with the number of days in a year. That’s extrapolating the results. In other words, predicting.

Look, I’m not mad at you :slight_smile: All I’m saying is the population variance of this return distribution is unknown, arguably higher than the sample variance, therefore the sample mean is meaningless (pun intended.)

You can calculate the mean reasonably well from about 30 normally distributed samples. You would need millions or billions or trillions of samples for approximating the mean of a Student’s t distribution with the same precision, depending on its degrees of freedom.

Note about lognormal and normal. Prices and returns are both multiplicative (there is the same distance between 10 and 100 as between 100 and 1000 or between 1000 and 10000) so they need to be analyzed in logarithmic space. When I say “returns” I always mean log-returns. The important part is that the normal (and lognormal) distributions have a very thin tail that blinds you to high-probability large events.

1 Like

The market dosen’t give shit about the technology. I mentioned a few times: the price of MAID is completely detached from that of the future Safecoin, and has nothing to do with the Safe Network. It’s driven by speculation.

LOL. Yeah. I’m a paid agent who, by the way, comes up with random suggestions to improve the design.

3 Likes

Anyone else get the feeling that we’re going to see $0.07 - $0.15 prices before we climb to new highs?

3 Likes

I am waiting for $.20 cent or lower to load up some more.

1 Like

Not sure about new high but low seems possible.

1 Like

Found this article to be interesting (although wish they/WallSt had never got their hands on it in the first place).

“The concept of “price discovery” might sound bland for something as exciting as Bitcoin. However, trusted price formation is a fundamental part of advancing the promise of digital currencies.” - CEO, Bakkt

3 Likes

My feeling is .20 is the bottom, but .07 would be a gift, as is .20 for this coin.

If Bitcoin falls to $4000 then 10cents is a real possibility

1 Like

If you have not bought yet then you wont be buying at any price. :grin::rofl::pray:

4 Likes

And some will be quadrupling up at 10cents

3 Likes

Nahh. They’ll be waiting for 5cents…

8 Likes