MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

With exchange withdrawal limits lower than some traders holdings they have no choice other than selling.

2 Likes

Bittrex measures withdrawals over 24 hour increments as far as i know?

Iā€™ve been watching that wallet before today, has been super active most days for the past 6 months between both Poloniex and Bittrex. It is weird though he/she would have the upper tier verification given their history to move on-masse to Poloniex if needed so yeah those small amounts, in that particular set-up, it does smellā€¦but oh well welcome to crypto :smile:

There is a lot of cool stuff being developed on Ethereum that can be ported over to a competing blockchain if Ethereum fails to scale in a timely manner. Likely contenders are EOS, NEO and Cardano, these blockchain behemoths will likely all be around for generations as long as there are devolopers improving the design to meet the market needs. People who throw around the term ponzi and scam are usually late to the party noobs or og maximalists neither of whom has an intimate knowledge of what is going on outside their bubble. IOCā€™s will go on in unregulated markets and will be modified in regulated markets to meet regulatory compliance. In unregulated markets the investors will mature and turn to curated lists of ICOā€™s which will be more efficient and fair than what will happen in highly regulated environments.

MaidSafe have pointedly said they are not affected by the price and believe they have enough funds to complete development and to fund launch marketing.

This, assuming nothing unexpected derails it, is great news. The price is low. But it can go much lower, more exchanges can delist and the SAFEnetwork isā€¦ safe! In which case investors in MAID are also safe.

What is at risk are any investors who require a premature exit, and while I always sympathise with somebody who gets into such a painful position, this was always a risk. In fact all investors know that in this market total failure and loss is a real risk and so they should really not get into a position where a particular exit time is that important. People do of course, and those in this position will advocate for whatever they think might help them. Understandable, but not necessarily in the interests of the other investors or indeed the project.

MAID investors, and any new investors are arguably in a very good position given what I said at the start of this reply. To be in in a project that:

• is nearing fruition but still under the radar and shunned by a cash rich market chasing the next big thing

• is apparently not going to be harmed by regulators, de-listings, price crashes, or self inflicted damage from over optimistic claims or hyped marketing, or technical issues that were not anticipated or are beyond the capability of the team to be solved before shrinking funding runs out (crypto crashes can wipe out market cap and unwisely invested investor funds as quickly as a pump inflates them)

• is in very good position indeed to attract investors who want to move from speculation based on hype to quality, in the face of an increasingly harsh regulatory environment and tighter trading conditions, to something that has been overlooked, has enormous potential, and a proven record (when you look carefully). Not to mention an amazingly passionate, loyal and informed community! :slight_smile:

How things have changed in a few weeks for IOTA? Anyone following Matthew Green (a renowned security expert) on twitter has to be very worried about their prospects. It is inconceivable to me that Maidsafe would get itself into such a position. Even if they were caught hand rolling a hash function (which I know David would not allow because heā€™s not stupid. I also know his views on cryptography, because he always answers proper technical questions, properly). But letā€™s say David had a mega brainf***, or an engineer messed up bigly, I am certain Maidsafe would not behave in the way the Iota founder has, quickly digging himself and his project into an ever deeper hole which looks to me like it could severely damage the project, and far more than if they had just held their hands up and said ā€˜oops, sorryā€™ and fixed the problem. As Maidsafe have whenever a big change was needed, such as moving to Rust, semi-closed alpha for example.

Itā€™s not that I donā€™t have any concerns or think nothing can go wrong. Things can always go wrong, but a low price is it seems is not one of them. MaidSafe have been canny enough to ride this bronco over a marathon and have the finish line in their sights! Anyone betting against them at this point does not know Maidsafe IMO.

Whoā€™d have thought Scots would be so canny about money? Me!

Sticking with this project has been my best decision, and saved me a lot of anxiety and quite likely much more, as well as being a lot of fun.

37 Likes

I have to selfishly admit that Iā€™am waiting for this opportunity. I hope it happens so that I can extend my position here. Iā€™am sorry. End of confession and out. :blush:

1 Like

I agree - I hope it drops significantly, but other assets donā€™t so I can buy plenty more MAID :smiley:

Saying that, I wonā€™t cry if it shoots up 10x in the next few weeks :wink:

2 Likes

Rallies canā€™t start until most people are out or oversold. Then a trigger is needed. Gosh, I wonder what that could be.

1 Like

Iā€™m torn between wanting the whole world to know about the Safe Network, and shouting it from every roof top, because of itā€™s inspiring potential, and at the same time, keeping it under the radar. I think the latter is best for the project right now.

One thing is certain, the MaidSafeCoin price is really one of the more stable cryptoā€˜s in the market. This is a positive sign, as its growth seems stable like a traditional investment based on value.

With you here. Although would also be happy with a massive recovery. Schrodinger trading.

4 Likes

Even assuming that Maidsafe has enough resources to complete the development there are projects such the CEP, or possible new developers, which may be affected by the low price of the Maid and that is bad for the whole project.

If this price is due to the low interest of the project, we should accept it with resignation, but this decline is more a lack of exchanges and the game of big speculators.

If there are some solutions, like big exchanges Binance style, or even a dual token using Erc20, I think Maidsafe should seriously consider it because a price more in line with its potential, considering the crypto madness, is good for everyone.

2 Likes

Canā€™t believe some of you want it to keep crashing. I canā€™t wait for it to hit $10 - $20 already. Imagine the influx of developers and apps. Just in time for launch would be nice.

6 Likes

The price of maid has pretty much tracked Bitcoin (with large swings in the interim). I wouldnā€™t call that a low price. It is just not as high as many would like relative to a year ago.

1 Like

This is what bums me out, sorry to hear that. Could always take a shot at the CEP though donā€™t you think?

In absolute the price is very high but relative to the crypto world, and the potential of the different solutions, is very, very low.

The worst, and what really worries me, is not the price but the collapse of the project in the market cap and the disinterest that this generates.
In this world, and outside the believers of this forum as myself, a lot of people consider that this project is simply dead and the main reason is their position, in the market cap, regarding other solutions. And this is a handicap to attracting talent, apps developers as well as possible investors in solutions within the Safe network.

4 Likes

When BTC have strong movements up or down, most alt-coins suffer, when BTC stabilises then alt-coins catch up.

It works for many more coins than those you mentioned.

Regardless of the psychological importance of being in the top 100 (or even top 10) on market cap - IMHO it is so stupid to base the merit of a project on that factor. From experience, some of my best plays have been sub 100 and outside of BTC, most holdings are still sub 100 - potential is huge there and really great projects (like maid) that just keep trucking along.

5 Likes

Yet many did too. I have some from ICO and some from a couple of year ago. Both times, from BTC.

Yes, I could have made more leaving the 2nd batch in BTC, but I donā€™t have a crystal ball. I too sometimes feel a bit low that I could have made more in BTC, but the road of envy and jealousy isnā€™t going to get me anywhere.

The project is still the main one I support, because of the team and the product. I look forward to seeing it completed and try to support that in ways I can.

Banging on about the price being too low and how adding a few exchanges will be a miracle cure is not for me though. I feel it is undervalued, but I can see why people struggle with the vision and the scale of the challenge. Consistent progress will be what wins the hearts and minds in the mediam/long term though.

7 Likes

Yes, most alt coins then outperform btc in multiples! Thank you, Antifragile, for stating the truth about the huge opportunity cost investors in Maid have suffered. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you are all in on Maid, relatively speaking, you have missed the boat so far. There is definitely a problem here and very few want to see or address it, imo. I think that it is a problem not to be a presence at conferences, meetups, etc. I understand that the team has been heroically coding and working extremely hard. Unfortunately, they are just not a part of the community, they have no visibility anymore. I hope that Beta will cause a stir but, at this point, they have lost a lot of ground out there. It will be an uphill climb now, even with Beta launch, imo. There are a lot of good projects with strong teams and big funding. These will be hard to compete against no matter how technically good the Maid product will be. I have been on this forum everyday for two years. Hope is still alive but waning fastā€¦I really wish the team all the best but they are just so isolated now that it will be very hard to get back into the mix where connections can be made and visibility regained.

2 Likes