MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

You are right and wrong.

The rally in crypto and the fact that I always diversified for my clients into quality coins have made them make enough money that they don’t care about 10-20% of their assets underperforming ( most are still making money on Maid by the way). I am very comfortable with my clients to this extent.

At a personal level I have a massive stake in Maid, but also invested in many others so I am relatively cool, even though I may have overinvested here because I am a fan.

Even with over 50% of my assets in other crypto I would always prefer to spend free time on this forum and with this community. I am biaised not for money reason but for ideology reason.

When you endorse a project with so much passion, you want it to succeed and you take it personally when you run against opponents or see the price hammered.

18 Likes

I can see what @swissprivatebanker’s friend is saying, from the outside it might look a little cultish, but then again you could say that about many groups that passionately share an interest and inevitably develop a fierce loyalty towards it. The separateness aspect comes from the fact that SAFE did not begin as a cryptocurrency project at all. The coin is just one piece in the jigsaw puzzle and that makes it pretty unusual in this space.

But while it may not be true, perceptions matter. The renewed focus on marketing and communications should help to explain things to a wider audience, but minds won’t be changed overnight and some people will always see what they want to see anyway.

In the meantime, David’s gold Rolls Royce will not pay for itself, so keep those donations flooding in :wink:

2 Likes

This is happening now, not later, with BTC leading the way (BTC is dead as a medium of exchange, and therefore, in the long run, as a store of value). I took half of my remaining BTC and am buying MAID at 5750 satoshis (momentarily, I think with a limit order) and, with the other half, I am buying BTH. One day, in the not too distant future, I will be thankful for this additional buying opportunity.

Edit: Order filled at 5750!!!

Tou-bloody-che :+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it is using both, and Ethereum erc20 too. See here: https://tether.to/tether-update/

2 Likes

What excites me most about this update is the following:

“Tether on Trezor

The Omni Layer team has also been working with the TREZOR development community to complete the integration for Tether USD and other Omni on Bitcoin-based assets with the TREZOR hardware wallet. Compatibility and release announcements will be forthcoming.“

:smile:

16 Likes

Agreed. Tether (Omni token, so MAID too) on lightning also sounds great. I don’t see a date on the post though, so not even sure when it was from.

1 Like

I heard: Tether is hoarded by Bitfinex. For months, they don’t have banks. So Bitfinex says USD = Tether. But the world outside disagree. And Tether page says their banks are blocked by USA.

If Bitfinex has most Tether then Tether is “Bitfinex Coin.”

Can we trust Tether after that?

1 Like

On coinmarketcap I see now at nr 23 USDT, ~2.2B total, with a mention of BTC and OMNI and not of Ether (like e.g. ERC20 Golem) or Litecoin.
So I assume that those 2.2B are only on OMNI layer on Bitcoin.
And in case of OMNI on Litecoin or ERC20 USD tethers, that these will have another entry on coinmarketcap.
EDIT: https://wallet.tether.to/transparency → So 2,6% on ERC20, the rest on OMNI/Bitcoin. Nothing on Litecoin. Also GitHub - OmniLayer/omnicore-lite-deprecated: Omni Core on Litecoin was last updated in april last year, so that effort seems to be abandoned (for now).

2 Likes

It’s from Sept 2017 https://tether.to/category/announcements/

2 Likes

I agree and so does Warren Buffett: “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.”

I have a friend who has been investing in crypto long before me. He has made a killing, yet he doesn’t really understand even how blockchain works in terms of its core technology. He also doesn’t understand that BTC has failed in terms of its oringinal purpose, and is now just a clunky storage system of value. Anyone can make money. It takes people with vision the make a new world.

3 Likes

I’ve been working recently on a song about the Safenet. How dare you call me a fanatic, sir! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah it’s good to market now so that we can get more app devs and investors to make the MaidSafe community big & healthy

2 Likes

Feels like high and mighty groups just don’t believe that safenet is possible and might see people parroting the claims that maidsafe shows is possible, which makes naysayers target the so-called plebs who seem like they don’t know what they are talking about except for a perceived hype-claiming. Or the price is low and the last 50-100 or more replies are based around groundless fluffy fud and barely even exist as a weight of merit. “Haha this sect actually thinks a 99% more efficient and effective technology can exist. And it can reboot itself after a calamity??? Hahahahahahahahahaha. Cue beta. Oh shit…”

3 Likes

Was reading the story about David and Goliath. How cleverness and doing things different than what is the norm can overthrow an much stronger (perceived) opponent. I see many similarities here with our David (the beautiful cult we are! haha :smiley: )

That makes me like that we are dropped out of the top 100 spot. While it seems that it is a bad thing I do find comfort in it. I am a long term investor. When the crypto scene starts to get taken down by governments (imo when not if) then flying low could be a blessing - much bigger fish to fry than maidsafe. This is very dangerous technology that is being built here.

What makes me personally weather through these “storms” of greed mania of wanting more more more is that even though I strongly believe maidsafe can and will deliver I do not put all my portfolio into maidsafe. Only a portion of it. I think a good part of the agitation in this topic throughout last couple of years comes from people being overinvested in maidsafe and that brings a lot of internal tension when the market does not yet reflect the same enthusiasm as the maidsafe investors feel. That is why I will keep on recommending people here that even though this is a remarkable project do not put all your money into it.

2 Likes

I do find it all rather amusing, the people so concerned about mkt cap.

Once the network is live, iirc, no one will truly know how many coins are in existance anyway.

2 Likes

Now im buying some nice cheap tokens again, with cmc spot 90 its becoming an bargain. Just hard to track the progress the weekly pappers are pretty technical, so no idea what the roadmap is for launch now but i doubt it will be 2018 while we actually expected it to launch in 2017.

I think it will drop much further. Back to 30 cents a piece. Whales are bored of it.

1 Like

Yea i believe so aswell i putted order up down, i think many people are bored with it thats why it dropped to cmc spot 90

People see the big gains on the early coins and are basicly playing the get rich fast game, but eventually innovation will win and will get what is deserve, but i think many still see maidsafe as vaporware. “i know people gonna attack this”

2 Likes

Most coins are red. BTC’s arse is falling out even. Another week or two and the whole thing will pump again. Sad really.