MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Polo is the smoothest exchange around. Deposit some BTC, exchange for MAID and take it back home. Doesn’t get much easier. Then there’s Cryptopia and a couple of others.

The current MAID is not the problem. People around Crypto projects with any depth tend to be pretty non-stupid, therefore they will get it rather quickly.

The problem is that some people want MAID to go on the roller coaster ride so they can finally play the trading game big time. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but they will have to wait a couple more years.

I like it. This way, I can slowly amass a decent amount without taking any risks.

9 Likes

I totally agree, this project is a silent killer!:muscle:

2 Likes

Naw. Sunk costs. We just need to move forward. We’ve suffered (relatively only!) in price and in awareness/attracting devs. Adding additional confusion and unknowns vs. just being more patient and surprising everyone…which would you really choose? One is definitely lower risk and for the value investor, it extends the time to buy in more.

As per the Omni asset statistics, 50 addresses have done just that. Granted 3-4 are exchanges, but those others? And imagine the people taking risks on the exchanges. That aside, there’s likely a few more big hodlers whose hodlings are hidden in the exchanges wallets. Those complaining about the price now will be complaining about not having accumulated later.

1 Like

I own some MAID and I’m just trying to estimate what is the possible future worth of it.

So, first, MAID in exchangeable to Safecoin in a rate 1 = 1. The maximum available amount of Safecoin is going to be 4.3 billion, when Safenet goes live.

It seems to me that Safenet has a potential to make the blockchain technology obsolete by making all that stuff better - and more. So I assume it can collect in all the value that is now spread in cryptomarkets. The marketcap of all the cryptos is at the moment of my writing about 560 billion dollars. If all that value would funnel into Safecoin the price of it would be 560B / 4.3B = 130$.

This is just my quick way of trying to figure some ballpark of the future price and it lacks any reasoning based on value of the Safenet functions, or the effects of price speculation. But this is the best I can do. What do you think about it? What kind of guesstimations other people have, and how do you end up making them?

3 Likes

There was a nice little post a while back from @sotros25 that threw out some rough numbers for a core value proposition based on data storage alone. The numbers were pretty close to the mark and would make anyone smile.

The problem (and it’s a good one) of any assessment of potential value is that it’s virtually endless. With Safecoin and the network it’s a value proposition that the crypto world has never had to assess.

Let’s just say anonymity/security and digital cash wrapped together has the potential to be explosive and beyond what you’ve seen to date in Crypto.

Sure the potential value of the network is X amount of $trillion but there are too many variables (including the level of adoption) to put a ballpark figure anywhere near this thing.

Perhaps just don’t use the metric of 4.3 billion coins, if it ever gets close to that amount you’ll likely have cashed out/moved on well before.

So, sorry not going to put a bunch of numbers together and say this is possible but SAFE has the potential to eventually see portions of GDP enter it, if we get to that stage and your still in the action well you wont be complaining that’s for sure :wink:

4 Likes

Look at the growth of the total market cap in just 1 year. Last year it was about 20B and now 560B; So it grew more than 20X. Moreover consider that Safecoin will be launched in two years and this was the first one that people started to pay attention to cryptos. This entire world has huge potential. Once Safecoin will be launched, we’ll look back at 2018 and we’ll be laughing :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks, I guess it was this one.

Any other ways to look at it, anyone?

True

But still only the 450 million existing when it goes live

Another nit pick is that t will take decades for the existing coins to reach anywhere near 4 billion and will likely never get to it. Remember recycling of the coin.

So your figures doesn’t really take into account the increasing amount of money into crypto and the fact that even in a few years there is unlikely to be 1 billion coins existing. So your figure is more likely 1500 billion $$$ / 1 Billion coin giving $1500 Of course that requires other crypto to reduce and “die” off

3 Likes

Yeah, I hear what you are saying and actually have been thinking somehow along the same lines too. It’s just difficult to put it into numbers, and even my very conservative calculations give such a large returns, that it is hard to believe.

I have strong belief that Maidsafe will deliver the network that they are aiming for, because the team and this forum seems to be filled with people with great capabilities, who are motivated by the vision more than the money to be made. But I don’t have skills to evaluate how difficult / possible it is. I just have to depend on my ability to evaluate how different folks with (programming) skills see this project. So I want to ask what do all of you think, what could be kind of “minimum product” that could come out from all of this? I mean, if Safenet would be lacking in some aspects, what aspects would still be working, and why?

2 Likes

(hmm - just my subjective opinion ofc)
Thing is… The beauty lies in the simplicity of the idea…

So if we have a network that’s up and running we basically have it all… And it ‘only’ needs to be adopted either by the average Joe who cares about privacy / companies who want to be in control of their data but don’t want to host own servers /the music / film / erotics /… Industry… And it would be a huge success…

Worst case scenario imho is the economics not working out long term… (okay or the whole thing failing and all data being lost… But because we all don’t want this to happen we are patiently waiting for all the testing to go through well and all kinds of possibilities are being discussed here - and since restart after total collaps is on the Roadmap even in this case the consequences wouldn’t be as horrible as it looks at first =)

Ps: and yes I probably will be not seeing something - sounds too good to be true

5 Likes

I’d say that’d be something akin to what we have now with Alpha2; a network that works well when all the vaults are trusted. This could be useful in a corporate network for example, where it could be used as a different way of making sure data isn’t lost when your laptop dies. We will really have to wait and see how robust it is against attackers etc as a public network.

8 Likes

volume is slowly dying across all exchange… no new listing, not a lot of interested theses days! I feel like it’s gonna get out of gas soon… hope we can have good release and goos news soon

1 Like

Maidsafecoin isn’t a hype coin. There may be little buy pressure, but this is matched by little sell pressure. It has never been a high volume bubble coin.

I’m aware of that but it’s now 85 on coinmarketcap… they are surely doing something wrong. Maidsafe can’t even get attention or press or release

2 Likes

That is a different argument. Suggesting the price is about to go down implies selling pressure. I don’t see that.

well it will eventually because all the money is leaving old exchanges and flowing into new exchange

Polo (dead) bittrex (almost dead) and hitbtc…

1 Like

$1500!!! When it gets to $100 I’m on a plane to Ayr and shouting the whole team there out for the best dinner and a few rounds. May even fit in a round of golf even though I’m crap at it

7 Likes

Upcoin exchange launches in a little less than 3 days.
It is said that it will list the top 100 coins and more so that means MAID should be getting another exchange.
Seems like they accept Paypal for deposits.

Lots of talk about the exchange being a scam though, anyone here know anything of it?

8 Likes

Would be hard to build support for so many different coin systems. Blanket statements like that are usually hard to believe

3 Likes

True, I suspect its the (now over) $500 sign up bonus and $1 joining fee that is raising alarms but only time will tell.

2 Likes