MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I would not have any hassle for @Viv @nicklambert and their teams taking this up. It’s far enough on that launch of SAFE is pretty much understood in terms of remaining parts. Just after this small data chain part I would say I am much less (if any) of a requirement. This is a big issue for me that continuity is natural and the project does not depend on me, I think we are there or very very close to that.

31 Likes

Good to know but we sincerely would like to see you stick around for years and years to come. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Oh I will be! SAFE is stage 1 for me, I have much bigger plans that need SAFE to work :smiley:

43 Likes

@Traktion they thought that I was making a joke, well here is the laughing stock.

Salt is being sold on it’s platform for $25, but on exchanges it’s sold for less than $5, I wonder what that means, I can’t do the math :thinking: btw this is NOT investment advice it’s just a math problem…

2 Likes

Holy, when did total crypto market cap become close to 300Billion? Just gets better and better.
(People’ve predicted MAID to be a top contender in the sphere… maybe almost there, despite block chain.)
Thinking communal disappointment stems from knowing you’ve maid the right choice, but then, need patience.
Take some time to enjoy life instead, work on self-improvement, research, health, work out! Sniff the pastures.

D. Irvine must’ve skipped Liking this because he doesn’t have time to do any of that :wink: . Except research!
Though everyone else would improve from taking those steps.

5 Likes

Its frustrating waiting for safe network to be finished, its also human to be a pissed when you work out what you would have in dollars if you had sold your maid for btc earlier this year. Those are inevitable thoughts and money really gets the ego going.

This thing is getting finished and it is going to pretty much destroy blockchains. I cant see how it cannot. When we think about the amount of secure data transaction that are going to be needed in the future then safe network can be the only solution.

I want to make money but not so I can spend it on pointless material objects. I want to make money from this so I can be part of the change that this network can bring. I want to be wealthy enough to create systems that improve the world. And that’s the reason why early investors need to make money from this. Increasing safecoin value will be the perpetual motion machine that grows the network.

18 Likes

I have no idea, but something smells fishy! :slight_smile:

The Salt tokens marketcap will be a minimum $3B, because people buying on exchanges will drive up the price to their desired membership price, what an elegant way to do it.

I think Maidsafe now is like Tesla back then. Things that they’re trying to build is deem wacko and people think they’re insane. Along the way there are many other attempts by others on similar products but never really took off. Finally when the model S was produced it blew the market away in many aspects.

I always ask myself, is safenet a good idea, if it is then it’s worth the wait. Cheers everyone

10 Likes

Crypto cap at 300 billion. Not long ago I remember it being 70 billion. Will the rising tide carry maid upwards? I wonder?

3 Likes

Be prepared for many such disappointments. The dev updates are focusing on the current and future needs rather than all that has been done.

For instance in routing, there will always be work to be done and if one focuses on that work to be done then disappointment will ensue. But if you look at where routing is today, its working in alpha 2. What is needed is integration of new things like data chains. Routing is one of those modules that will always need work, and this will continue while work is being done on SAFE core code.

So I suggest, don’t be so concerned over routing and focus on the other areas. You can be sure that the devs will worry about routing more than enough for all of us.

4 Likes

You just need some chips to go with that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember when 8 billion seemed like alot :stuck_out_tongue:

car days in SF haha

9 Likes

In late 2015 the entire cap of crypto was less than that of Bitcoin Gold today?!

Been a crazy ride!!!

9 Likes

Does that not worry you a little?

I can see many scanarios where alot of bagholders are gonna see that supposedly accumulated wealth dissapear in the blink if an eye.

I feel safe with this team / goals, i think were solid.
But I also fear many ppl will get burnt badly.

2 Likes

Seems like a pretty much guaranteed part of any major disruption. A lot of people lose and some win.

I think we’re still a long way from people ‘losing’ though. I don’t see most of these things running out of steam any time soon. This thing is really just getting started, crazy as that sounds given where we are now.

3 Likes

Well I’d expect that time to come if people stop putting new money into crypto. We’ve heard others say that investment type funds are now putting money into crypto and that is a huge bag holder to be putting funds into crypto.

I’d say some of those crypto bag holders have been taking money out of crypto along the way. Those 500$ to 1000$ drops we’ve seen must have a component of people taking profits.

Yes MAID/SAFE are still in the real cheap bracket and yet to have a real rise. The overall rise till now has been the rising tide effect. Just imagine when MAID/SAFE gets a real influx of people wanting to get into SAFE.

12 Likes

I cant believe this gem is still so cheap… i think the most undervalued coin with biggest potential gains.

Not because of the benefits of a p2p internet but because the coin itself will provide a better user experiance to the masses as its instant and no tx fees involved. Its so damn obvious, i cant believe people overlook it.

12 Likes

Im surprised at today’s price, given turnover hasn’t increased much. Anyone have any views?

MAID’s price? I guess a rising tide raises all sea-worthy ships

2 Likes