MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

It feels to me like most deep analysis prior to investment has evaporated from the crypto market. It is just a bunch of people chasing bubbles, looking for the next get rich scheme. I suspect technical analysis is less than an hour, should he technical material even be available.

Prior to the maidsafe ICO, they published many detailed documents, had source code on GitHub and were accessible to talk technically. I remember spending many days pouring over technical information, long before the fund raising started. Then consider the amount - a $10m target. At the time this was unheard of, but now sounds like small fry compared to the cash people are throwing at stuff.

I just find myself looking at the market cap space in disbelief. It seems totally detached from any sort of sanity or due diligence. It is a frenzy, with people switching investments by the day to catch the next rocket to another moon.

Gone are the ideals of decentralisation, even whether it is fully open source. In are the slick marketeers and the people hey feed off - those who just want to get rich, have little technical knowledge and have only seen the party swinging due to joining in so late.

Raising the profile of crypto may be no bad thing in the long run, but I feel it is really starting to hurt the space in the short term. I feel it will hurt everyone in the space when it capitulates, some more dearly than others.

While it is frustrating to watch this project languish, I just find myself shaking my head at the insanity of it all. I don’t want to join in chasing one variation of a theme or another, as the battle of he trolls and marketing reigns. So, I will continue to hold, continue to support and continue to look forward to the next alpha and final releases. I do so for the same reason as before the ICO - the technology and team stand up to scrutiny and are doing a great job and will deliver something truely extraordinary.

21 Likes