MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Seems pointless on the MAID chart since volume is so low

2 Likes

As a non tech guy thatā€™s been following the project for 5 years, I donā€™t see why the price would increase before a stable test net release. I love this project because of David and I see him and the team as some of the most genuine, motivated people in the space, although I think itā€™s hard for an outsider to see this. I donā€™t understand any of the tech talk but I believe in the project because David and the team seem like good people. Maybe thatā€™s sillyā€¦ but itā€™s kept me here over the years!

20 Likes

Important thing to remember is that all the price action for last few years will just be a flat line in the rear view mirror :slight_smile:

6 Likes

How realistic would $25 to $30 dollars for a MAID be in the near future, say 12 months? Or is that price range more long term, 24 to 36 months?

1 Like

Price will be I donā€™t know in I donā€™t know amount of weeks.

3 Likes

There is no way to really know. Weā€™d be only guessing. Maidsafe is excluding the crypto market so you canā€™t really look for a price increase coming from this area. They think crypto and its investors are scammers and are steering clear of it completely. Of course this is absurd and untrue. So as crypto grows from 2 trillion to 10 trillion Safe Network will not benefit by their choice. I think this is a strange approach and Iā€™ve said so in the past.

So any price increase in the future will be with the exclusion of crypto. I think if we see such prices we are looking at a longer time frame. By excluding crypto investors and the crypto market they are excluding the project from the fastest growing technology boom since the creation of the internet. Millions are joining the crypto boom every day and they are excluded. Institutions and legitimate companies are also joining in crypto by the day and they also are excluded from this project.

They will only start promoting the network once there is a stable network and even then they are going to use experimental unproven marketing techniques. There is no clarity on these techniques are why they will work better than traditional techniques. Again I think this is a mistake and have said so in the past. It would be awesome to hear details on how it will be promoted and why it will work better than known techniques.

Jesus, you never stop making sh&t up, do you?

I think you need to go get a jag of something :wink:

8 Likes

My brain canā€™t handle that statement. You are literally in one of the few industries where if the product is decentralized it cannot be gatekeept.

The fact that MaidSafe does not want / cannot currently engage in marketing does not mean that we as a community cannot.

No one can stop us. Literally.

You know very well that there are people in the community who are furiously annoyed by my efforts to build bridges with other crypto communities. Can anyone stop me? No. Because the product - the Safe Network - is decentralized.

So instead of feeding David over and over, do what you think is right. Talking is cheap, only action matters in the material world.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

11 Likes

Why is it folk are laughed at when promoting Safe Network in the crypto space? Why is it the project is perceived as a joke and not taken seriously? Why arenā€™t new supporters flocking to help the project?
Itā€™s not because they have not delivered a network or that there is no stable network. Itā€™s not because some mistakes were made.
There are small projects that code their hearts out and still take any chance they get to talk about the technology. They slowly gain in rank while this project sinks. What is the difference between these projects and this one? I used to promote the technology and then I saw the company making it wonā€™t take a minute to do so.

Market research from the community and the marketing firm said token price was important to the community. People invested for different reasons. Many want to see a return for their risk vs other projects. When I say we should compete in crypto, Iā€™m told this is not a crypto project even though it started as one. I discovered it when it was promoted as a crypto project. The management of the image from the founders is hurting the projectā€™s price and reputation. I feel I have to point it out as this is a decentralized project and the communities input is supposed to matter.

This network will launch. Maidsafe not taking advantage of the crypto boom is wrong. It harms Safe Network and Investors. It will take years to recover from the damage that continues to this day.

Most crypto projects you speak of are either ā€œfinishedā€ projects or near-finished. By finished I mean close to the final product. IMO it is not unwise to go ahead and promote a project that is near the finish line. SN, on the other hand, would not be perceived to be at this stage. A full-blown marketing campaign, at this point, Iā€™m afraid, would not be seen so much as promotion but of proselytizing. And since appearances are many times the driving factors in the acceptance or rejection of a project, an aggressive marketing effort now could be disastrous to the future prospects of SN.

11 Likes

Agreed, chart is pretty useless when volume is so low and most buy/sells are from botsā€¦

I think it just comes down to a few factors:

1: Using omni rather than our own technology.
2: Project being in the works for over 10 years.
3: Very little exchange support.
4: Technology is still in the works with no timeline.

Most investors consider it a MEME or vaporware, a lot of people were maybe original investors, but have moved on a long time ago. Thatā€™s the uphill battle marketing will be facing.

Not criticizing here, just stating what people thinkā€¦

9 Likes

Fun little tool

8 Likes

In 2017, I thought we would see launch in 2022. I still think that is possible. It all depends on the next 3 months. But hey, Iā€™ve rarely been right on most things.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be happy with x 10, x 20, damn Iā€™m happy now, but Iā€™ll be even happier then.

5 Likes

ADA has a supply of about 32B. If MAID (with its current supply) had the same market cap as Cardano/ADA it would be ~$157

Crazy isnā€™t it?

8 Likes

To go further with that, our full supply for SN Token is around 4.6B? Correct? So with that supply (which is debated whether fully released on launch) and ADAā€™s current market cap SN Token price would be about $22.

Thinking itā€™d be difficult to reach ADAā€™s market cap is reasonable but more and more money comes into the crypto industry. To be fair it ebbs and flows but in general over time it increases. Total market cap (amongst alts and bitcoin) will continue to grow and so the tide will lift all ships and make loftier market caps possible but still left feeling dwarfed relative to top project, so rising in the ranks should be a goal. Providing utility, tokenomics, DeFi, etc. will get us there along with SNā€™s fundamentals.

There is a lot of competition out there but none offer quite what Safe Network can.

7 Likes

Price Extensions
138.2% : 1.87, 1.97, 2.02 USD
161.8%: 2.14, 2.30, 2.36 USD
200.0%: 2.58, 2.84, 2.90 USD

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest, I donā€™t really like these new tartans with the random threadsā€¦

Call me old -fashioned if you mustā€¦

4 Likes

Charts donā€™t work much with MAID. Itā€™s not being traded almost, barely 0.3 btc daily and price is from 0.00001 to 0.000012 for some time. Your just tracking its value from bitcoin movements which is pumping at 54k USD now.