What’s up today? (Part 1)

rip Coolio

2 Likes

https://www.vollebak.com/thermal-camouflage-jacket/

4 Likes

Privacy. Security. Freedom

7 Likes
3 Likes

Something I’ve been worried about for a long time now is the possibility that a hard global economic downturn could stifle R & D in tech and consequently shatter Moore’s law - for a substantial period of time anyway.

Such also has the effect of breaking the increases in HDD and SSD sizes, which consequently may impact the Safe Network’s economic model for ‘Perpetual Data’, which relies on ever increasing storage space and general efficiency increases to counter the cost of maintaining existing data storage.

Further price inflation in fiat could also worsen the situation as the cost of maintaining an always-on network connection goes up plus the increased cost of new HDD/SSD. Although these may be offset through possible relative increases in the value of SNT, only the holders would benefit and not all farmers/operators are going to hold tokens.

Anyway, something to ponder.

1 Like

Forget Moore’s law, it was broken quite a while ago. AMD is going 3D in chip fab now.

SSD’s also are going 3D and massive increases are already in the works. We saw the 100TB released a while ago, and that is not the end.

But yes there would be a slowdown and something to ponder. But history so far has seen increases during the worse. Data still needs to be stored and while that is true so will be the manufacturing to (attempt) to meet that. So the key factor is the need to store data. If thats there then the money will be there for production (even if delayed)

For SAFE, its that need to store data that will drive its growth.

As to the exact economics that will be interesting.
Also to if something really bad happens destroying production abilities.

5 Likes

Spectacular breakthroughs :open_mouth:

4 Likes

9/30/22
Scott Horton interviews Judge Andrew P. Napolitano on Snowden and Assange

Couldn’t happen here… :thinking:

3 Likes

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-03088-7

5 Likes

I remember as a kid being inspired by a video like that. It stated with a mosquito on someone’s arm, then panned outwards through the sky, the clouds, the solar system then on to the edge of the universe, before zooming back to the mosquito then into the blood and the atoms in the blood etc. All patterns repeating.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Demo
https://demo.turnstile.workers.dev/

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thinking outside the box :joy:

7 Likes

Not far from the truth, I have been helping my parents in law who were flooded in and couldn’t leave their property.

The only interaction I had with officials in the area was blocking help from civilians or blocking the main evacuation route for several hours.
Leaving me stranded without any food or water after delivering all I had to said parents in law.

I dont ask for or expect government help just dont get in the effing way of people trying to take care of themselves.

11 Likes

That sounds ridiculous but about right for this day and age. Hope everything is okay for you all there :+1:t2:

6 Likes

My life is back to normal other than an overwhelming amount of clean up.
Some people have lost it all though and are not so lucky.

9 Likes

Must be frightening to live through something like that. We get a few inches of snow and the country comes to a standstill :weary:.

5 Likes

Dont tell him about “leaves on the line”. His poor wee head will explode…

Or “the wrong snow” :rofl:

5 Likes