What’s up today? (Part 1)

lol not doing that any more. It was the last “job” I had before crypto started making me enough money to not be bothered.

1 Like

For those of us who are missing sport.

4 Likes

He is from Troon IIRC.

2 Likes

Watching sport you mean. Here we can still walk or cycle outside (certainly if you do that alone), although there was a stupid minister that was thinking yesterday on preventing cycling tours longer than 50km (31 Miles). But that won’t happen: more important to have enough distance between each other.

3 Likes

Yeah watching sport. We can still go out once a day ‘legally’ too. I go cycling every day. Keeps me somewhat sane :crazy_face:

1 Like

In France cycling for leisure or sport is simply forbidden. You can only walk or run but less than one hour and maximum 1 km distance from home.

1 Like

Heavy exercise reduces the strength of the immune system. At this point, I advise everyone to take just walks, any more workload can make you a bad joke …

1 Like

So I’ve heard. That must suck, certainly with the current nice weather. And maybe contra productive in densely populated areas.

In Spain, not even that. Prohibited any walk or sport.
Right now a dog has more civil rights than a human being.

2 Likes

And they can get it to: 2 dogs in Hong Kong and today: Belgian woman infected her cat. But it is highly exceptional.

1 Like

A friend told me this too but I can’t find it on governement websites or anything, I must be missing something, do you’ve a link? I’ve been going out on the bike regularly

Interdit pour le sport, le vélo est autorisé pour les déplacements justifiés pendant le confinement this article seems to suggest that after some uncertainty it seems to have been confirmed as allowed for sport, going to work, etc (within 1km of your home, which makes little sense for sport but we can cycle in circles…)

3 Likes

Le Tour des Environs?

2 Likes

Not quite. I understand this is allowed for going to work or buying food, but not for sport as indicated by the ministry of transportations.

Exact quote: Le ministère des transports reprend désormais cette doctrine : « L’usage du vélo est prohibé pour la pratique d’une activité sportive »

That was Tuesday 24, if you read to the end there’s this:

Après plusieurs jours de flou, ces comportements sont désormais adoubés par le ministère des transports :

« L’usage du vélo est autorisé, sous réserve que l’utilisateur soit porteur de l’attestation dûment renseignée, pour les déplacements entre domicile et travail, pour effectuer des achats de première nécessité, pour motif de santé, motif familial impérieux, convocation judiciaire, achat de fournitures ou participation à une mission d’intérêt général. »

Article was published Wednesday 25 and they finish with this, so I think the point they’re trying to make is that the latest word from on high is that it’s acceptable…

I agree that it’s nonetheless risky to go out, I think I’m going to write this quote on my declaration thing from tomorrow! I’ve been out maybe every second day over the last ten or twelve days and not had a problem anyway. But of course: roll at your own risk.

1 Like

Your quote mentions only 6 reasons allowing usage of bicycle. The one that is missing is precisely the one about sport (the fifth one: Déplacements brefs, dans la limite d’une heure quotidienne et dans un rayon maximal d’un kilomètre autour du domicile, liés soit à l’activité physique individuelle des personnes, à l’exclusion de toute pratique sportive collective et de toute proximité avec d’autres personnes, soit à la promenade avec les seules personnes regroupées dans un même domicile, soit aux besoins des animaux de compagnie)

Edit:
To be clear I found this (unofficial) translation of the 7 possible motives for a derogative movement:

1. Go out between the home and the place of exercise of the professional activity, when they are essential for the exercise of activities which cannot be organized in the form of telework or professional displacements which cannot be deferred.

2. Go out to make purchases of supplies necessary for professional activity and purchases of basic necessities in
    establishments whose activities remain authorized (list on gouvernement.fr). Go out to make purchases of supplies necessary for
    professional activity and purchases of basic necessities in establishments whose activities remain authorized (list on gouvernement.fr).

3. Consultations and care that cannot be provided remotely and that cannot be deferred; consultations and care of patients with a long-term condition.

4. Travel for compelling family reasons, for assistance to vulnerable people or childcare.

5. Brief trips, within the limit of one hour daily and within a maximum radius of one kilometer around the home, linked either to the individual physical activity of the people, to the exclusion of any collective sporting practice and any proximity to d 'other people, either walking with the only people in the same home, or the needs of pets.

6. Judicial or administrative summons.

7. Participation in missions of general interest at the request of the administrative authority

All motives allow usage of bicycle except number 5.

It’s very ambigious and I feel it would depend on by whom and where you were stopped and the individual officer’s understanding.

motif de santé could mean to some a visit to the pharmacy for medication and to others mean doing something for your health e.g. cycling.

mission d’intérêt général would mean, i think, going to volunteer for something “essential” e.g. help the farmers, doctors etc.

It does not say specifically “motif sportif”. Which could cause you problems. All this depends on where you are. Some places in France the police /government are pretty relaxed (as long as you are not belligerent) and in others they are very strict no matter your attitude.

I am not finding that in the linked article, am I missing it or is that from another source? EDIT you updated… Either way, from my interpretation it does not say you cannot specifically cycle but, it does say you cannot practice sport in a collective way with members outside your family and you must stay within 1km of your homestead. So, one can cycle individually or with household members from what i can see. Where do you understand that you cant cycle?

1 Like

Your own quote:

« L’usage du vélo est autorisé, sous réserve que l’utilisateur soit porteur de l’attestation dûment renseignée, pour les déplacements entre domicile et travail, pour effectuer des achats de première nécessité, pour motif de santé, motif familial impérieux, convocation judiciaire, achat de fournitures ou participation à une mission d’intérêt général. »

It mentions motives 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 in the list of possible motives for a derogative movement, but not motive number 5.

Wasn’t my quote. @jaybird pulled that from the article. I addressed that quote in my reply stating it was ambigious. You seem to have found this “number 5” somewhere else and it is according to number 5 that I am saying it doesnt seem to forbid cycling.

EDIT. I think I understand now what you are saying. Which I pointed out also. The fact that “motif sportif” isnt mentioned under original quote yes?

1 Like

Yes, you are right it is not your quote.

But this quote mentions the list of activities that allows cycling and this list corresponds exactly to the 7 authorized outdoor activities except the 5th one. So, for me it is clear that this specific activity forbids cycling.

EDIT:
I see your edit now, and we are in agreement: