What are your projects, how far are you into building them?

I agree this isn’t necessarily a good way to get an accurate picture or to foster positivity, but evenso I’ll contribute:

• vdash is a tool for monitoring your node(s)’ activity, performance, earnings etc based on the node logfile(s) in a terminal (so it’s a character based GUI). It already works with the existing testnets but will need updating as the logfile formats change up until launch. It will also need enhancing to include extra metrics such as SNT earnings which are not yet available in the logfile.

None of the work to keep vdash useful or add features is difficult or time consuming for someone reasonably familiar with or interested to learn Rust, but I’m not able to commit to do that. I’ll do bits when I can but would be happy for others to contribute PRs or if somebody wants to fork and take over.

In fact maintaining vdash would be a good way to learn Rust if anyone is interested (and I’ll be happy to help if you get stuck). Note that you could also earn crypto by doing this because I believe enhancements would currently qualify for funding by the Bamboo Garden Fund.

More about vdash on this topic:

14 Likes