Weekly DevUpdate :safe: 5 january 2015

Hi All,

Last week we had an informal update as we had our official company holiday, but past Monday we started again at full speed ! Here’s the transcript of that meeting, I know you’ve been waiting for it !

Find the transcript here: DevUpdate Transcript 5/1/2015

Cheers
Ben

15 Likes

thanks @BenMS!

3 Likes

Thank you, looks like routing is the main course here.

1 Like

Thanks!

Looks like the launch Test Net 3 will probably take several more weeks?

1 Like

It is amazing how fast that list of core developers is growing. I love it! It has been cool watching this snowball getting bigger and bigger.

2 Likes

I’m SOOOO glad it is!!!

I was seriously considering learning to code from scratch, saving up money, moving to Troon, helping work on SAFE full-time for free non-stop until it is absolutely as perfect as it can possibly be.

But now that it’s starting to grow on its own, I can sleep more easily at night :slight_smile: …SAFE simply MUST happen!!!

(However, the above offer is still sort of on the table, if needed / allowed :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I’m not quite understanding - 3 questions:
Do the items under testnet 2 at top of transcript page need amending to include the 2 further ticked off items on roadmap?
Does the roadmap need updating to show the 2 items mentioned under testnet 3 on transcript page as being ticked off?
Are some items under Testnets 2 and 3 being worked on simultaneously?

Although it’s unofficial, my educated guess would be yes to all of those questions.

2 Likes

Yes, there are several mini projects happening and they do interleave a bit.

3 Likes

So do we actually have installers yet or are they just being built? And if we have them where are they? :smile:

2 Likes

@BenMS is best placed to answer this. Ben can you pitch in here when you get a sec. Cheers.

Installers are being worked on as a part of continuously deploying the testnet. Current issue is enabling the visualiser for monitoring the network and validating the new bootstrapping approach.

2 Likes

Is there a transcript of yesterday?

1 Like

Yes, there is :wink: I’ll publish it later today :smile:

1 Like