Unofficial vote for SAFE: vs .safenet

The vote has been postponed for now.

But curious to know what the communities thought is right now.

Unofficial vote for SAFE: vs .safenet

• SAFE:
  • .safenet
0 voters

:smile: …

1 Like

I’d vote for sf: if we could have that one , it’s much shorter , and very cool :ant:

1 Like

It’s unofficially settled!

1 Like

Option 3. Not knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision.

4 Likes

@Josh you may be right. But if someone is ambitious enough to download the vault or launcher will they be that butt hurt about not being able to surf with chrome? Maybe some but to say it safe: will hinder mass adoption seems silly to me. Not saying that’s what you’ve said at all just the popular argument it seems.

1 Like

That’s why it’s an unofficial pool :wink:

:smile: …

1 Like

@betterthantrav @Nigel option 3 was my vote.
Not speaking for anyone else :innocent:

2 Likes

When the issue is DNS and URLs, I am always for shortening things. 4 letters x 7, I will go for 4. Besides, personally, I like the word “SAFE” better.

Until now .safe is getting 84% x .safenet with 16%
We are way ahead of the curve here!

E\

2 Likes

Isn’t safenet taken?

1 Like

Taken on what? If you are referring to the old DNS, then who cares.

1 Like

.safenet was intended to be temporary. It is imperative that we stop using .safenet as soon as possible before it becomes a permanent fixture on the SAFE Network.

1 Like

well dam*, 85% for safe: against 15% for .safernet sounds pretty closed and shut to me!!

Would be extremely sad and disappointed if SAFEr Browser somehow ends up going with .safenet after all the community outrage and votes like this @joshuef :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Voted accidentally and can’t cancel it :expressionless::blush:

But we decided that we would need more discussion before asking people to vote :slight_smile: and it are 20 votes out of 2700(?) members…

Let’s please all take some more time before we start voting or pushing towards a certain decision.

2 Likes

agreed, but my point about the community outrage that already happened across multiple threads still stands firm

3 people maybe? Even if it were 10 it wouldn’t be an community outrage (2700 members) :slight_smile: I feel the people against .safenet right now are using quite strong language to push their opinion into the forum in all threads.

It’s all fine to have a strong opinion but we need enough space for a good discussion and other opinions.

I will admit that I don’t know the answer to the question but I do want to see both sides of the discussion.

1 Like

Agreed @Melvin :thumbsup:

Fret not, @whiteoutmashups, feedback and discussions will definitely be taken into account.

2 Likes

Outrage is a bit strong but at least 3 people who have actually put money into the pot to make this thing happen have expressed how safe: was very important to them. Not sure how many have donated but they should feel free to express their viewpoint and have their opinion considered carefully.

3 Likes

This is a very important point!

1 Like