Share your marketing ideas!

Agree with that pragmatic approach. Getting some indication of commitment from people is pretty crucial. I’d be willing to devote a 2-3 hours a week.

That example Objective was meant to be just that, an example. Like you say it has too many dependencies on network capabilities that are just not there yet. I think there are other objectives we can establish that are more about building awareness and growing the community.

Most of the crucial stuff now is about community building. Getting people aware, interested, taking action, learning and getting excited about the possibilities this project offers. Then it becomes more about maintaining momentum and helping people to be more engaged in something related to the community .

Agree.

So we focus on community building.

From my view the priorities should be on community building and having activities that keep people engaged. When more clarity on Fleming is here and the groundwork has been done on tooling we can shift expand focus to get people up. Designing a compelling developer experience.

This is the chicken and egg issue of platforms and bootstrapping network effects. I agree there is a argument to be made that cheap, secure and persistent storage is a strong use case. But again I think efforts devoted to convincing people to engage for this reason are premature. Given the uncertainties we have it is best directing focus to growing the community. When some we can go…

“Hey bro, want secure cheap storage for all your (insert data category here)? You can get up and running in x minutes! Here’s some coinage to get you started :wink:

Then the offer is compelling. Doing this now you are just setting up people to get excited, build up expectations and then leave because the immediate gratification is not there. The outcome they want cannot be fulfilled. Only hardcore believers or those with skin in the game stick around. This has been my experience over the years with getting people interested, it wanes quickly, the meetups don’t get traction, ultimately because there is too much anxiety and inertia for people to engage in the target behaviour (committing to buy $MAID and/or join the community, play with the tech etc). I’ve convinced many but they are not engaged community members, they are waiting for the tangible and unstoppable network to come to fruition.

So a more behaviour focused approach is relevant here.

We essentially need to design for switching moments.

Watch a video of me explaining it at a high level.

If we define the Jobs To Be Done and the related profiles of people trying to get these jobs done we are in a good position. We can design a value proposition that relieves the pains and creates the gains in the process of people getting these jobs done

A strong value prop can then be packaged with messaging and content, then distributed through relevant channels. Tested for effectiveness in achieving the target behaviour etc.

There is a mountain of ideas and threads discussing early adopters, target markets etc. Heres one -Target Groups for Early Adoption

I think Brave users are interesting segment, and it is an interesting channel to use for promotion but what is the value prop? Do we set up a landing page? Direct them to where? What do we want them to do? What’s the Call To Action - CTA?

I know this may seem like I’m being abstract with all these marketing approaches and models but I’ve learned that there are effective ways to approach these things and then there are the ineffective ways.

Currently with the network in it’s still uncertain state what are the Jobs people are trying to get done that are relevant? This is where we start…here is a few to kick it off.

• I want to be involved in a community aligned to my values (emotional and social job)
  • I want to build a Dapp (functional job)
  • I want to invest my capital (functional job)
  • I want to store my data (functional Job)

We can then prioritise the highest value jobs given the current state of the network and the value prop that is actionable.

I’m advocating for a reasonably formal approach to this all and again not expecting everyone to follow. Prob enough for me this evening :slight_smile:

8 Likes