SAFE Network Logo Competition Now Live on 99designs

The conceptual constraints laid out in the briefing increase the challenge of
coming up with a truly amazing & comprehensively encompassing design .

It’s much different from iterating into a visual identity allowed to transcend
the obvious meanings the words safe & network suggest . To find a truly
fresh visual metaphor & engaging brand id needs its freedom & genius .

I don’t agree with you. Aren’t designers supposed to be creative? I mean sure an assignment should have some constraints. You don’t want to end up with a picture of a car when you are designing a logo for an airliner.

When I look at the brief it mentions farmers, developers and users. So far most of the designers just seem to have looked at the name, looked at the other designs so far and then decided that ‘secure and safe’ are the only important aspects and create a bunch of locks, castles or just simply the letter S.

I’m not saying the brief is perfect, but there’s much more in there than the designers seem to have picked up on so far. Personally I’m happy about some of the new designers added today and I think with the right input some of them can be improved to be turned into a good logo that we can use for the SAFE Network for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Yes, like those with one or two hands (to avoid gilding the lily with a profusion of hands) I came across those in my previous searches on this idea, but gave it up once it was apparent that I could not do it.

Just as a reminder of what the symbol looks like:

There are vector graphic versions out there. Someone who knows what they’re doing could do this in an hour.

I like this one myself, although the swooshes seem to be a bit large. Any specific feedback that can be given to the designer to improve the design would be welcome indeed.

What do you guys think of design #91? Any ideas on how this could be improved? More thought seems to have gone into this one than most of the others.

2 Likes

⌖ we have this in unicode , maybe there is one looking identical to your image , too :bird:

91 I thought was at least unique, I like the more elaborate picture of pc’s and mobile phones taking place of the simple circles and squares in the original design. Though the simple image would obviously scale well but cool to see the thought behind the simple design. I like 91 quite well I suppose

lol 142 my apologies to the designer who took its time to do this but all I see is a turkey showing off its back. Probably not was he was going for.

1 Like

Mine, mine…:grinning:

I agree the swooshes seems a bit large. Maybe a more simple version without gradient and lighting would be interesting to see. It’s hard to tell, I just wish I had ten of those to see different implementation of the same idea.

I agree, I like it. Not sure how to put this but It’s not very… stylish? Aesthetic? Maybe rounder like if it was on the surface of sphere? Not sure, but I like it. Definitely in the right direction for me.

I like #39 by Dasha M the most so far.

1 Like

Maybe someone with design skills could play around with this. The number 2, representing the second iteration of the Internet, should be thinner, circles of varying diameter probably and maybe some other embellishments.

There is already an “Internet 2.0” meme (as social media), so no, that would be confusing.

“Save Network” lol come on people

1 Like

My favs so far are 192, 183 and 85.

If I had the skillz, I’d be tempted to make a logo that wasn’t 2d but that transformed in some way that suggested life and energy. The fragmenting of files + a blender, I wonder could generate alsorts of weird and wonderful logo like outputs.

lol they are all 2d, flat, blue/black/gray, featuring some sort of lock or ripoff of another companies logo, all of them, its like graphic design as merged into one giant homogenous turd. we are gauranteed at this point to have a logo that looks like every other crappy mee-too apple-humping startup.

2 Likes

A flat , single coloured logo is preferable in order to work in different settings .
2d may evoke spacial dimensions if it must , many strong symbols are simple .
Some designers should abstain to just use clipart shapes from vector drawing
apps and work a bit outside the defaults , kicking their own butts with creativity .

Typeface and formatting on 196/197 is clean. It would look way sharp merged with one of the logos I referenced above.

Lots of new designs have been submitted the last 24 hours. A lot of them clones or slight variations on previous designs. This can’t be helped unfortunately. The competition team will be meeting tomorrow to discuss the designs and to supply feedback to designers who’s designs we feel can be improved upon.

Feedback from the community will really help. We got some good feedback in this thread already. Let us know at least which of the (old and new) designs you like, and perhaps how certain designs could be improved to highlight the qualities of the network.

1 Like

I’m not going to upload a fully-readable image of my driver’s license just to enter this competition, so I’ll just post my submission here instead:

7 Likes