Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

About 4 weeks, but if you want to catch the 15% bonus, you have about 5 days left.

2 Likes

Basically, yes. You need to IMPORT the private key. Check the instructions in Omni wallet as to exactly how. I’ve not done it with that wallet.

@fergish, to check ones balance only, then only the address needs to be put into omniwallets balance check page at omniwallet.org

Its when funds are to be transferred does the wallet need to be setup with the private keys

2 Likes

How do we stop fascist media? Fascist media leads to fascist states. In the US foreign states can literally buy elections and place their agents because of dark money plus fascist for sale media.

@Seneca how do we stop fascist media? Can project Decorum do it?

Hey, I just sent some Maidsafe to the crowdsale address via omniwallet. How long does it ussually take for the transaction to be confirmed? Also, are PDCs sent directly to my wallet once the transaction is confirmed via the network.
Transaction ID: 8a97fd5765e5fc30d204b52e74fdb64d42c61a86923f4c02178f79538c1719ed

Thanks.

1 Like

You will receive the PDC back at the address you sent the bitcoin from, but they won’t be paid out till after the crowdsale is finished. This is all in the crowdsale section on the project-decorum website.

Alright Thanks, what about the confirmation time, seems its taking much longer than the standard maidsafecoin / bitcoin transaction.

1 Like

I takes sometimes more than one hour I noticed. What I did is add the XBT and Maid crowdsale addresses to my Omniwallet via the Special button (by head) and they will show up between the other addresses, but without the lock symbol, meaning you didn’t import the private key of those addresses. You wouldn’t know the private keys anyway, but by doing this you can also check the Unconfirmed transaction arriving at the crowdsale address.

When sending Maid, make sure you have a fraction of XBT available at the Maid address (at least 0.00035, by head) for miner fees and transaction costs for the Bitcoin and Omni networks.

I had more than 0.00035 BTC in the wallet, and unfortunately it is still unconfirmed after about 4:30 hours, Im slightly worried now :frowning:

But thanks for the advice, Ill add a watch address for the crowdsale.

2 Likes

They have taken up to 24 hours for me and one I think was longer. Normally within the hour though.

Do you mean BTC. Or is there something I don’t know about yet.

XBT = BTC yes. I’m using XBT for Bitcoin.

1 Like

Alright looks like it finally got confirmed after about 7 hours… PHEW!

5 Likes

Should there not be a limit to the sale. I was interested but now it seems a little over the top for what it is.

… I think maybe you shouldn’t buy in… don’t really more more of you diluting what’s mine !! wait for a month and see…

I decided to let the market decide the limit. I would have guessed way lower, which would have resulted in many people being forcefully excluded, and a handful of people having a strong monopoly on the coins, completely ruining the market.

If you think it’s over the top right now, then don’t buy in. The point is that you yourself can decide.

14 Likes

Considering the costs of everything involved of building these apps in a great way. Consider the project beyond the proof of concept. It is a whole discipline to make good looking apps that work well. There is checks, promotion of the specific app, people involved. The leader and keeping their activities exclusive to the project at hand etc.

These things help the app produce a brilliant success, practically like this forum (discourse) a lot goes into it; and it improves all the time. And rather than just 1 hit it off; @seneca seems to me to be greatly enthusiastic by it. So I’d estimate that just put what you feel like, if you already did no worries right? If targeting some % of the sale, keep adding :wink:

9 Likes

I agree with this, it is how we wished to do it but unfortunately were informed we could not. Let the market decide it is a neat way to work. You wil never get too much anyway, amazing where it sinks, any left over then use for marketing and more features along the way if you can. If you get waayy to much then some devs working on core would be appreciated and get a pod running alongside your project could be an option. We need the code in core more widely decentralised.

In any case it’s great to see :smiley:

20 Likes

Please allow me to add my 2cents. I’ve invested a nice, and so far still substantial, amount of Maid in this project. ~10% of the current total investments in XBT and Maid. I’ve three motivations for my investment.

1. The most risky projects in crypto (and elsewhere) are the ones done by one person only. They SHOULD hire extra Developers for Project Decorum to make this a long term success. I’m in the lucky position to contribute a little above average, and so I did, because…
  2. This is inherently a good product (see other topics about this project to see what I mean) that deserves to be around long term, in contrary to 95-98% of all other crypto projects.
  3. As a Safe Network fan, I’m very eager to make it a success, and that includes ‘side-projects’ to make Safe Network flourish in future. However, I do not invest in everything, only the (for me) appealing projects. So I’ve skipped Safe Exchange, and saved a little more for Decorum.

Of course I’m hoping for a nice ROI somewhere in future, but if Decorum had issued shares with a fixed 3% dividend, I would have contributed too, with a likewise amount. Not for a split second I ever thought “I want X% of this, to manipulate whatever there is to manipulate”. I want this project to succeed, because it’s interesting tech that has never been tried before, and potentially there is a huge usergroup that can benefit. And though maybe substantial at the moment, I’m humble about my contribution: It’s the people working on Project Decorum that are going to make it a success (or not) and in 6 months my Maids invested might be gone.

@Seneca toi toi toi again, make it happen! Hire Developers etc as you state in your plans, and don’t bother too much about the other crap. Or me losing some money, for that matter. It’s high risk, high fun (when it grows and succeeds) and in all ways highly wortwhile to try.

\2cents

14 Likes

Divisibility is bothering me. I get the impression that it is unlikely that Clikes will be divisible. Whats the work around? There must be a clear maximum most will be prepared to spend on a “like”. I do understand there will be free likes based on trust. As for Clikes even PPC advertising is in low cents. If Clikes surface at 2c and the initial difficulty is 10x with the intention to increase 10 fold thats 20cents per Clike. You really need to like something to endorse it at that price. What am I missing?
Whats your view on the reasonable maximum value a Clike can hold @Seneca or possible options to prevent a ceiling.