Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

And there there still isn’t any project offering the same vision.

2 Likes

Well maybe not completely, but there are many people that believe other projects visions are very similar. Elastos and Skynet come to mind.

Elastos certainly looks impressive on the surface, but when I checked it out I found it hard to get my head around how it all fits together. Maybe a bit overcomplex. Also it seems to have run into a few problems lately https://www.reddit.com/r/Elastos/comments/aqvdmj/elastos_an_honest_update/. Have you looked into it at all?

3 Likes

I have looked into it a few times, but not really deep enough to understand the technicals. On the surface it seemed more legit than substratum with what looked like a more informed community, but I don’t fully understand how they expect to build a decentralised internet with a blockchain and multiple side chains. I read that they are building some kind of clever operating system with a lot of the complex parts built into that, but until I understand everything better and more clearer, I’m staying skeptical.

Sounds like there are many unhappy community members in that link you posted. Not sure if that is due to poor communication (which can happen in good projects), lack of patience from community, or that it is just another shiny new project with not much substance.

Definitely one to keep an eye on.

1 Like

Skycoin also building skywire (new decentralised internet) with meshnet…

Definitely poor communication. I don’t think it’s a scam (it’s been going for 18 years so it would be the longest running tech scam in history) but they may have overpromised on timelines and hit some unexpected difficulties.

2 Likes

Woah what’s the news with STORJ?

1 Like

I don’t see STORJ as a serious and usable project.

It’s made its token swaps and rumour-run-ups but
some who checked the guts of this promising idea
from a developer’s point-of-view found it miserable.

I think there was a long & good article on medium…

2 Likes

I don’t know that much about Storj.
I remember however the following topic: Are Erasure Codes (Storj) better than Replication for the SAFE network?

1 Like

There’s a lot of kumbaya articles for STORJ out there,
the sun never goes down… everything is positive…

However, I found the article I read a while ago,
it goes through several aspects of the project.

Even if some details have changed in the meanwhile,
it’s still an interesting read & point-of-view on STORJ

5 Likes

For your information, the reason for recent price spike is me selling about 10% of my portfolio just before. I’m not sure what is the exact causal mechanism, but I’m sure it’s there. :grinning:

Kind of funny when these sudden spikes are roughly the size of your sell. You look your portfolio two - three days after and it seems exactly the same. You get the feeling of a well filling to the usual level.

3 Likes

It’s true; one can always count on MAID
moving up precisely once a meaningful
sell happens. Take it as a wink to rebuy.
:space_invader:

BAT seeing some nice moves up.

Very interested to see how that whole project does as they are making some nice moves and have a lot of credibility.

Enj coin up 600% in a few weeks because it’s wallet may be available in the Samsung phone. Imagine its price if it can actually do something

1 Like

The market is so irrational. Decentraland(MANA) just announced HTC partnership last week and is up 20% since… Arguably the largest VR company just partnered with the oldest and most developed block-chain VR platform, let that sink in… Yet people FOMO into a unproven and undeveloped shitcoin based on a rumor, its insane!

5 Likes

I think it shows that the market is starting to get its appetite back. Six months ago, it was unlikely to happen. Now some curiosities are getting price spikes. I think we must be at or near the bottom of the cycle now.

5 Likes

Itchy fingers. Time for this year’s large buy?
Is bitcoin about to rally? I can’t be the only one asking, either I’ve fallen for some orchestrated news item and price spikes… or this is it. Can’t go any lower can it.
FOMO ?

3 Likes

It’s probably not a good buying opportunity if things are still good enough that you can perceive it as a good buying opportunity.

Bear markets aren’t over when hope is back, but when all hope is gone, everybody sold, and no more is left to sell. When you feel nothing can stop it to go who knows how much lower, that’s probably when the last seller also sold, and it may be time to buy.

3 Likes

Hmmmmm with Multi Collateral Dai, Mkr holders can easily let Dai become a top 25 token on CMC, how? Well if Ether is no longer the only collateral, they might as well use Maker as collateral, which as side effect creates more scarcity for Mkr. $700m Maker/2 = $350m Dai = top 25 token… The big picture is most Ethereum tokens converted to Dai making them stable and scarce at the same time.

Btw kids this is not financial advice, I’m a clueless consumer…

:stuck_out_tongue: