MAIDsafecoin, Price and Trading topic (Closed)

When we did the crowd sale that facility was not available. It was the crowd sale repercussions that pushed that through. Nobody will ever get caught like we did, at least we hope so. It was a particularly horrible time as we discovered not only was that not available but we in fact had to write a lot of the scripts ourselves to transfer msafe to people who paid in bitcoin (most of us).

Now omni is controllable from an asset owners perspective, for us unfortunately it was not. We depended on the advice we got from the best “experts” in the field. They (well some of them, not all) got rich and we got screwed to a great extent. We still suffer the ramifications of that sale, even today.

Main thing is we will get through it, These large dumps actually spread msafe further a lot of the time. Still today it’s a bad feeling looking back to those days :frowning: We are stronger tough and the project is way to important to be too worried, but I hope nobody forgets and gets caught on the hop like that again.

25 Likes

Agreed, but wasn’t the expectation (their suggestion) to not get so many mastercoins; yet the organizers of the crowdsale “mastercoiners” went ahead and dumped their mastercoin on you, and encouraged others into it?

I’d remove the question if out of place;

2 Likes

Jeez, struggling through and taking one for the team (the world) as always. I know your efforts will be rewarded though, as SAFE is something that will benefit every person greatly. Much much deeper than the monetary gain.

Very sorry for the loss at the beginning; first time hearing the full story.

4 Likes

100% correct, that was the expectation, advice and story. More though we got told at last minute the price would need to be high for mastercoin as there was not enough to do the crowdsale and we all know how that went. Nice touch was a 40% discount for first week, that really put the boot in, so to speak :slight_smile: At least the BTC folks also got this bonus so that was good for them/us as it was intended to be a btc sale in any case.

Duped and fooled, not twice though :wink:

8 Likes

Thank you for letting us know about it…

5 Likes

I continue to hope for good news on the funding/ investment side for you guys, it’s kinda nail biting thinking about it…but hopefully under control.

5 Likes

If anything, this just makes me trust you and the team even more. Honest people always respect others and expect the same level of honesty (at least until being burned by them) :stuck_out_tongue:

Wish everyone out there was as concerned for others… But everyone has their place in history (good or bad). Live and learn.

6 Likes

Well as much as possible, these dumps don’t help much but they are temporary and Mvp will make a huge difference here. Nobody needs the extra hassle and we do need a bigger team, so lets hope we can get all the work done. I am not getting muhc CEO type meetings done right now as I am in hangouts daily, but Nick is doing a brilliant job there with many options.

All we need to do is get through testing and show the world just what’s possible here. Not simple, not stress free, but right :-1 (us Scots can stretch little money a long long way, but time is now to really boost the dev team)

12 Likes

Which is kinda crazy considering MAID has $23mil market cap…

Too bad that $$ can’t help its development

2 Likes

If it ever comes to sleeping in vans, lmk. I got all the advice on building cots, solar panel systems, the works :slight_smile: #SFStartupLife

1 Like

IMO MaidSafe was damaged; because those funds duped away from MaidSafe are going into: “storing the whole world in a single hash”
so sad…

4 Likes

That kind of nonsense sickens me. Integrity seems like just a myth now.

Mark me down if you guys start interviewing… did I mention my wife makes delicious food? :wink:

6 Likes

Im pretty sure some in the community would be happy to fund at least 1 more dev :wink: throw a wallet address out there. If we want faster progress let’s help a little!

8 Likes

isn’t MaidSafe Foundation a charity; btw I’m pretty sure can make a donation idk how it works exactly maybe there is some way? isn;t it possible to make tax deductible donations there?

3 Likes

Might be a good way to test the idea of Investing in People. What do you think?

Edit: Seriously, do developers receive maidsafe/safe coins for completing stories? If so it might really work. We pay them liquidatable coins and they pass a good portion of those precious safecoins to those that funded them…

4 Likes

wow wow wow guys. I was joking let’s not all jump into hiring me all at once. :wink:

EDIT: Not really joking. Hire me. I will make MAID safe great again.

EDIT EDIT: Here’s an idea guys let’s start a crowd fund using my “cl0ck3d” coins and BTC for MAIDsafe at a 40% discount. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Id say it perhaps needs its own topic. See how much interest there is for a community sponsored dev? Worth a try.

1 Like

Yep - I say if someone (@cl0ck3d ;)) is serious about trying it, they should take the lead on this. Use the idea, customize it however you wish. Show us your resume and a contract, work out some details with @dirvine and folks and see if the community supports the endeavor. I would put a little towards the right person for sure. Even if we didn’t receive anything, helping out and adding one more knowledgeable/skilled worker to the network and into the code would be great IMHO.

1 Like

Who’s the genius who though of that 40% discount ? It made the whole project look like an overpriced joke with no fundamental value.

Let’s see him contribute a lil bit to SAFE codebase.

Once that hurdle is crossed and approved by the core team, I’ll send some coins