MaidSafeCoin (MAID) to be Listed on P2PB2B!

Either way , I’m holding off on my p2pb2b.io registration until I can get a referral code.

5 Likes

One of my favorite quotes ever, @zoki! I love it when a plan comes together :smile:

It would be great to be able to set one up to fund other initiatives I’d love to happen (like a global hackathon!).

13 Likes

How the agogometer old bean?

4 Likes

We can definitely call this a progress.

Instead of going with non-reputable exchanges, we’ve begun to focus on the bad-rep ones. Still, not even the most adamant hipsters can twist this as abandon of our principles or alienation from our roots. After a brief inspection, this lovely new exchange produces at least a couple familiar types of stench:

-Scam, scam, scam for all of you great forum members

-As long as it doesn’t cost much, MaidSafe approves!

Undoubtedly great effort on @Sotros25’s part though. Let’s hope it turns out alright this time.

Sadly had to withdraw it from service for the time being - the needle is bent and the full-travel stop is damaged beyond repair.
Luckily I still have some titanium off-cuts and I am just away out to the garage to fire up the Cincinatti milling machine. Titanium is a bastard to mill, this will be a long job, so please hold off on any announcements until I get back

3 Likes

Optional, even - CBA redoing this… its a lovely day, sun is shining, I’m off for some Vitamin D

4 Likes

I really don’t want to feed into your negativity, but I do want to say the following:

P2PB2B has been a growing exchange for several years now. Their team is growing consistently and they allow US users. Truth is, P2PB2B is a great exchange, they have issues for sure, but I got to know them as a reliable exchange that resolve those issues in a timely manner.

In the rare case someone run into an issues that they can’t solve with support, the team has a direct contact person at the exchange that is here to help around the clock.

It’s not the AAA tier exchange we’re all hoping for, but truth is that it’s the best we’re going to get without spending at least $100.000 (and even then no guarantees). This listing is a big step, allowing the US back in and make the project less reliant to Bittrex. I’m sure we’ll continue to look for opportunities that are worth to spend the teams valuable funds/time on.

19 Likes

What’s the liquidity plan? Does the exchange help with this? Because in the past this was a big problem with new exchanges

As a registered company, Maidsafe does not want to have anything to do with something that could be seen as market manipulation. Providing liquidity or volume is probably a grey area they want to avoid.

But hey, something tells me that a community member might step up and take care of this.

10 Likes

As @Sotros25 said, you shouldn’t use it to leave funds on, and of course that goes for any exchange.

I have used P2PB2B a few years ago and had no issues moving funds in and out, and I had to access my account recently to retrieve some records for tax purposes, and again it was very straightforward.

I can’t obviously vouch for it 100% and I’m not a huge trader or anything, but my experiences with it have been good.

6 Likes

Here’s the referral code: 17ab35c4
The code is also accessible via this link: Bitcoin Exchange⚡️Cryptocurrency Exchange⚡️P2PB2B

:sotros25:

20 Likes

Please use this code when signing up to p2pb2b.io folks

12 Likes

Thanks everyone involved! Wil sign up this weekend.

Edit: Thanks(s)

8 Likes

Well done @Sotros25 and @anon61899651 and the whole @maidsafe team. Things are definitely coming together now :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

11 Likes

I’ve passed the code on to everyone I know that holds MAID. Great idea to support those making it happen.

4 Likes

Well done all involved :+1:

4 Likes

Nice work! Thank you @Sotros25, @anon61899651, and the @maidsafe Team.

13 Likes

Unfortunately this exchange takes the typical, unimaginative, and unnecessary-in-law approach of requiring customers to provide a ‘selfie’ and expose themselves to identity theft 2.0.

For that reason I shan’t use nor recommend it.

7 Likes

These days that’s very hard to avoid.

9 Likes

Good work @Sotros25 . Well done.

9 Likes