MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I’m not even sure why they would be so anti-omni. They have the code there already to talk to it. Sure, strip out legacy code where you can, but no need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

4 Likes

Yeah, I agree with this. I didn’t see the need before, but if liquidity is going to become a problem, a solution needs to be prioritised.

8 Likes

Looking on the bright side, the drop in fiat price will make it cheaper to remove maid from polo.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t want to make a stink before either because at that point it wasn’t worth it. Polo really effed us giving almost zero heads up imo but now the situation is more serious. I get the full focus is on launch and it’s going great but if we just made the transition and allowed all old addresses to be exchanged 1:1 with the erc20 token, burning the Omni and then when the network is live accepting both unburnt Omni coins or the new erc20 coins, I don’t think any old investors sitting in cold storage would be mad. There would still be price discovery with the erc20 MAID that they know could carry over to the actual SAFE token that they would be exchanging for anyways.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if polo announced this and is on the other side buying the dumped coins just to relist it at another time under another entity or subsidiary. Tinfoil hat is on now. No one effs with MAID :rage:

6 Likes

Yes, the slight increase in confusion is worth having access to exchanges with decent liquidity. As long as old omni MAID holders don’t get burnt, I’d be happy with that.

6 Likes

The more I ponder on this the more I think there is something going on here deeper than we know.

Nothing will surprise me.

3 Likes

There goes my sleep tonight. I moved maid to BTC to play the falling BTC/$ price a few days ago, so just by chance im out of MAID, the small amount I do keep on the exchange. Hope to make a killing, and then for this to all blow over.

Or am I dreaming.

3 Likes

Buy it all back up! You are crazy not to IMO.

1 Like

Right. Like I said if at launch you can put in either Omni or erc20 then no harm no fowl. The Omni holders are likely hodling in cold storage and won’t know or care that they could exchange for erc20 and it wouldn’t matter anyways because they’re not trading and just waiting to exchange on launch. Besides do these people have email addresses that Maidsafe has? Or are they just following the project? I think they can fend just fine and there is really nothing to lose and much more to gain.

6 Likes

Im just gonna drink coffee all day and keep posting memes.

5 Likes

Its a tiny amount of dust, my main investment is off exchange, cold storage.

Meh, I’m off to bed. Solvable problems get solved. Night! :grinning:

7 Likes

Verify with your own research of course, but there are no other good options now that Poloniex is out. Enough analysis out there to attest to HitBTC being beyond doubt a scam exchange and that their volume numbers faked.

Unfortunately I was turned off by just a little bit of background checking around Bittrex. It is run by homeland security and deep state contractors (One reference there are a few others if you dig and follow names). Nothing wrong with that of course who better to have a handle on security. However “coincidentally” Bittrex is also where a few high profile stolen cryptocurrency heists have been cashed out and the trail of the perpetrators has ended: [1], [2], [3], [4].
Ok maybe not a show stopper just bad luck and Bittrex going to court to defend the identity of the hackers is good for account privacy yes(?). Then things like this give you pause so you dig some more and start turning up lots of stories like this and this.

I also really hope all this helps the team reassess the decision to move over to ERC20 or not. There are number of benefits beyond access to a much wider array of exchange options as I pointed out over on this post.

After launching an ERC20 version of MaidSafeCoin, MaidSafe could become a liquidity provider on UniSwap earning a rate of return on their holdings and in the process attracting a wide range of other exchanges to list it, the most exciting of which are some quality trustless DEXs.

5 Likes

Just remember guys…

11 Likes

Recently I learned about this, it’s very cool…

4 Likes

Is there nothing against having pre-network tokens on two protocols allowing Omni cold storage and erc20 cold storage both to be exchanged on a live network?

2 Likes

Hold on to your lunch, here we go again.

1 Like

Good point. I don’t think so. I would just delist all Omni MAID, list ERC20 MAID, and have a web tool to accept and burn the omni MAID to convert to ERC20 MAID.

That way you only have the ERC20 MAID on exchanges.

Just have to have the price history and ticker updated to market cap sites, and get trading view to add one of the exchanges the new MAID is on. You want to be on trading view.

This is also a good time to rebrand Safecoin with a new ticker if that whole copyright stuff still isn’t settled. Might want to start seriously start thinking about better and catchier names for SAFE’s token.

7 Likes

We are going to see an interesting price movement as people wake up to their emails. Its going to take 24 hours to get an agreement on the price. I think a lot more turbulence on its way. If you are a trader, probably an opportunity.

2 Likes