MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

why does polo need to buy coins off it’s own exchange? I mean sure if they want to leverage their profits into the trading game maybe. I really don’t think they do that though. They prefer the zero risk profits of the rest of us playing that game in their house :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe due to problems caused by margin traders? Or just a whale that got interested after hearing about the easy to manipulate illiquid maid market…

1 Like

ya maybe they didn’t want to write about another default on their news page and look bad again so they were just like ok we will buy it all cause we know its a solid project and can wait a couple years for liquidity no prob.

The buy order was obviously an attempt at manipulation if it was just a random trader, but I think he got called on his bluff and someone was like ok here hold this hot potato.

I am wondering what this means for price now. I see some dumpage but he obviously can’t turn around and get his million dollars back with this amount of liquidity. I am tempted to say this is a good thing and now he is in as a market maker at 2k. Would not be surprised if we see another attempt to defend a floor by him soon.

whales back. saw it happen live haha

1 Like

Another 100 BTC buy order for MAID just popped up for 1800 Sats. Looks a done thing

1 Like

So do you guys think this one will also get sold to? I mean the last one seemed to not even be enough for the guy selling (unless he had exactly 97 BTC worth.) On the other hand it might have been most of it or maybe 2k was a good enough price but 1.8k is not.

yep it just got sold to entirely. Like these are really some strange days. I just don’t know what to think of this action. It defies all attempts to predict the market :stuck_out_tongue:

I am really starting to think this is maybe some wash trading scam. Sure polo tries to not make it easy but it’s not impossible. On the bright side look how high MAID is in the volume standings! Although it almost feels wrong to be profiting from that if it was scamy, but what can you do if people see it and start buying other then to sell them some so they don’t overbuy it tooo much

What if the buying and selling party are the same persons, trying to wake up the market by creating volume and by doing so drawing the attention to maidsafe coin? It doesn’t make sense that people would be selling so much, unless it just goes from the right to the left hand and viceversa.

Orders trading hands could just be the fact that some people have a strong knowledge that BTC will continue climbing for as much as a year from now: fluctuating, of course—but still upward generally, because of next year’s halving. So much confidence in fact, to the point where even 100 BTC walls make no difference to them. So even with low volume MAID, it may seem absurd that such large trades exist; but the surprise stems from the power of BTC belief overturning seeming-indestructible logic.

And as we all know, there will still be another year or so for this project to really gain steam (hopefully much less than a year if the devs really soup up their game and their minds to focus on their goals while not burning out ever for the entire year leading up to Summer 2020 [tall order I know]). So the guy who got the BTC probably feels very lucky right now: if they decide to buy [some/all of] MAID again when the Satoshi price-point is a little lower. MAID has a little steam imo to push up still, but not against the power of people being familiar/comfortable with the current insane Bitcoin machine.

Halving has traditionally always been seen as an enormous event of the so-called ‘crypto king’ (btc), regardless of new innovations out there. Although, one interesting aspect is how halving is still 11 months away; and that’s also a really nice number for Maidsafe striving for integration of their work. Also I’m not even sure why BTC halving 11 months from now causes so much upward momentum right now instead of next year, but I’m not exactly an expert there.

2 Likes

that’s what wash trading is. Trading with yourself to create fake volume.

4 Likes

Does Polo have an OTC desk for big trades? I wouldn’t expect to see these sorts of trades in the order book if so.

1 Like

I’m trying to buy relatively small amounts for the last hour and it’s been brutal. Still need more liquidity and exchange options.

1 Like

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Most alts seem to be suffering from the same condition. MAID has been floating about in the 80s in market cap rank for a while, so it isn’t an isolated incident.

I suspect BTC will start to bleed into ETH and others in the top 10 soon and then the rest of the top 100 may start to get some action too.

5 Likes

Well last time we had a huge BTC rally alts anguished at first but at some point people started to realize BTC was overbought and there was not really a good risk/reward there anymore but alts were a great place to dump money into for a secondary crypto pump. I think there is a really good chance that will happen again.

4 Likes

Me too, though the game may be bit different. In 2017 there were tons of new altcoins, that were promising this and that improvement over Bitcoin, so that me and other slightly knowable folks could get excited and buy. Now, couple years later, the possible advances these other coins might have, doesn’t seem to have made them much more useful as a money, or the possible usefulness in other ways much more valuable. After the Libra news I don’t think many cryptocurrencies stand a chance to become widely accepted payment method. BTC might stand for a kind of digital gold for a while.

I just wish the releases of MaidSafe get the attention deserved and money flows in MAID.

4 Likes

hey look another 100 BTC wall. I am still wondering if this is really someone seeking to accumulate 300 BTC worth or if it is just the same 100 BTC cycling around wash trading.

maybe some blockchain detectives could look into where such large blobs of MAID are flowing. Is the MAID in these trades finding its way back on to polo after a little walk around or is it staying put and new MAID that has not visited polo for a while flowing in?

1 Like

…watch this space :wink:

1 Like

Maid going for a sprint. Go you good thing

5 Likes

:smiley:

20 Likes