MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

It’s definitely subjective, but I view an MVP as an iteration of the product that provides users with realizable value, I.e. a network that allows developers (whether MaidSafe or third party) to craft dApps that consumers can use (even if they aren’t polished yet). I view this as distinct from commercialization.

3 Likes

Sounds like a Minimum Product, an MP :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once again, subjective, but viable to me means able to provide value. Value, of course, is in the “hand” of the user :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there is value to the users and not only developers I would agree. A system without SafeCoin, but with testsafecoin would be ok.

To earn the V in MVP the product needs to exceed certain level of robustness. If there is no SafeCoin involved that bar could be really low. Example:
MV0P - communication network without perpetual storage guarantee, and with imperfect security, but otherwise usable.
MV1P - same but with SafeCoin and basic security (many crypto currencies are fine even with occasionally successful attacks)
MV2P - security better than Bitcoin
etc.

1 Like

Then what would be the tipping point? I thought there would be safeguards built in to avoid having such a threshold.

I would accept less decentralized initial system iterations (and we probably will have to) and put a lot of trust in @dirvine, (which we already do.)

1 Like

I don’t think we’re entirely in disagreement here. As stated, to me it’s all about value to the end user. Value to the developer is important only in as much as it facilitates the transfer of value to the end user.

To that end, it’s hard to imagine the Network being able to provide differential value to end users without having the necessary security protocols in place. This in turn would likely require an operational PARSEC + (test) Safecoin + (test) farming. However, there may be other ways to provide value (although less robust) along the way.

Also, to make this at least semi on topic—the realization of value will positively impact the price, haha

2 Likes

I really could not even attempt to answer that.
My math is certainly not up to it.

well since there is no official MVP point in development (for good reason, since its hard to achieve consensus when that is) You can start calling it MVP whenever you feel like lol. I think it’s more a marketing point. When are you gonna tell your family and neighbors about the SAFE network? I think whenever that is, it is at MVP for you.

2 Likes

The important thing is that more key features will be developed with each release. As it starts to become more apparent that it is both feasible and useful, people will rally to support it.

Seeing the last year or two of research culminate in a network with vaults from home will be amazing! The following release with SAFECoin and farming will awesome! Seeing stuff delivered is what brings the promise and the theory to life.

4 Likes

Wow! I’m so very glad to hear this, sounds like something I have been
hoping
for.

If there is testsafecoin on top of vaults, it will be interesting to see what kind of value the testsafecoin will get. I mean, even if it is clearly stated as temporary, and maybe buggy & whatever, surely there will be someone selling something for a price? Just for laughs, no? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think the testsafecoin will be a big point for traders trying to peg the value of MAID. We will finally have some data that might slightly indicate what a real safecoin could buy. Of course it will prolly be lower if the network gets bigger at finial… but I would see it as at least a minimum value and buy hard if it ever approached that.

6 Likes

Bingo. Hit the nail on the head.

4 Likes

Yes. Higher coin price means more money for everyone. More funds for the project and more marketing during launch.

1 Like

I agree, I hope the focus will shift from routing/vaults+data to safecoin, the wallet and user experience owning, transfering, using safecoin quickly after we get a taste of flemming. We need to see a “test” safecoin integrated into the ecosystem before I think many common folk will get more excited. Will turn into “Oh they have a test coin and I can finally send them around through their new fancy network? MaidSafe is no longer vaporware and a shitcoin, it shows promise now.” Question will be speed and scale of those test coin tx’s that need to occur too. Hopefully MaidSafe can give us load test scripts to all run on a certain day to try and simulate a network under duress for tx transfer/spend. Ofc making their own local tests and load tests will be important for the “in the vacume” testing and analysis. But nothing beats real world in the wild results and logging. They could even have the loadtest we run save local data we can send back to them as a log file for perf analysis or a doc we upload(or it just auto transfers the results to a endpoint they stand up kinda like the crust test did).

10 Likes

Perhaps anything with a lot more user-required action like the above would see some price action.
As it stands, I haven’t involved myself with downloading anything in the updates for 1-2? years.
I’m really dying to be at the whims of public and developer requirements as a DD hive mind, again.
[Decentralized Distributed]

2 Likes

I was wondering how many Maidsafe coin holders are lending their Maidsafe position out on Poloniex or other exchanges?

If we would stop lending, we might create a short squeeze forcing the lenders to close their short positions.

3 Likes

Neither a borrower nor a lender be… especially when it comes to prelaunch MAIDSafe. Not worth the risk.

7 Likes

Neither a borrower nor a lender be…

It’s an older adage sir, but it checks out.

5 Likes

I don’t lend but what you are proposing is maybe against the forum rules. It’s a kinda pump group if we tried to do that. If that emerged I would be the most traitorous bastard and dump on the top then start lending to take the pressure off them to close and find some nice rebuys lower down.

Really this option will be off the table soon because they are winding down margin trading. You can now only place orders that reduce your position. So there is already some pressure to hurry up and close those margins and give us one last run of hyper volatility to daytrade on.

1 Like

In that case it would be just as much against the rules as the persons that come and talk this fabulous project down.

The short squeeze will happen sooner or later anyway :wink: