MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Yeah, you got a point. Something to consider.

I think you will find its alpha because it is a stable system that is left up and running that developers can create against. Many projects in my younger days called their proof of concept alpha 1 and development when on from there.

So Maidsafe had every right to call their system with vaults run by them as alpha 1.

4 Likes

I never said they didnt had the right to do that did I ?

Just in my opinion it was misleading for many no matter what reason.

And that caused the drop of around 50%.

Honestly I don’t think it was the cause. Every (rumor of a) major announcement by Maidsafe caused a jump in price as the “traders” bought up and then sold to the unfortunate who bought up after them. Then the price slid down 30-100%

So the (rumor of) announcement of alpha saw the price rise then as the traders who bought low sold to those still buying and now those unfortunate bought thinking its going to the moon are now selling for the last few weeks.

Of course the price has been steadily rising from what 6000 stats and now staying above 12000. Not bad in my books

I agree that manipulation by whales are also part of it.

They used the Alpha for this and people uninformed got the expensive coins at that moment.
And i saw melvin hes post he deleted.

If you read back i dont blame maidsafe i said what i would do and explained why i think its dropping
Isnt a forum about giving your opinion and specialy in price and trading topic.

Im a big fan of the idea about maidsafe but in the trading topic i can also be negative were its heading atm. and so far im doing pretty good in it.

2 Likes

A minute ago I earned a “Member” badge, which finally enables me to post in this topic. I would like to comment some leitmotifs:

Market instability of Maidsafe - as long as SafeNetwork is not succesfully established, we should NOT expect that Maidsafe coins represent true value and also market will be highly volatile and unstable. At the moment, market speculations can produce high yields even at more stable cryptocurrencies with higher market caps and market depths. Profit at daily trading is consequently more correlated to pure luck than to in-depth technical analysis factors. Moreover, todays trading is greatly executed thru trading scripts and algorithms, that are still under process of optimisation, so unintended cascading triggered orders can still be expected. The only patterns, that can be observed nowadays, are P&D et simile. Speaking of “target values” and “exit strategies” is impossible at this moment, as long-term investors will have to build them up after market is stabilised. IMHO, after Safecoin introduction we can expect a considerable hype, followed by a stabilization phase.

Long-term investing in Maidsafe/Safecoin (for true believers only!) - although strong evidence is shown, that SafeNetwork can become operational in matter of months, there are still spasms to cross before the true value of coins will be recognised. Building community and critical mass of Network users is critical for a success of whole operation. Till then, investing in Maidsafecoin can be compared to investing in start-ups. High risk but high profits if succesfull. My general view: stop sparing money for Lottery tickets and fags, invest this money in Maidsafecoin instead - it is one of this rare-as-hell opportunities, that you should’t miss as a long term investor.

Correlation to Bitcoin - yes, some negative correlation patterns occur, but probably only because main exchanging pair is BTC/MAID. With emerging Ether, probably also ETH/MAID market will establish considerable depth and similar negative correlation.

Whales - don’t swim with them or you may as well get yourself drown! :swimmer:

11 Likes

Thanks, and welcome to the thread!

3 Likes

Hallelujah. …somebody gets it!

3 Likes

I can see a few different purposes / uses for MAIDs, some of which are intentional, some of which are not:

• they provided a source of income to fuel development for a while
  • they are a “gift” to the community, to the believers who can hope for decent profit on the long run
  • they are just trader fodder within the inglorious mess known as Polo; that is, until the network comes alive

True: none of these has anything to say about the future value of Safecoins.

disclaimer: i love polo; huge volatility like nowhere else, no need for margin trading: no risk of losing more than one has, yet the sky’s the limit

3 Likes

Great points here. 20chars

3 Likes

What’s the sudden bullishness today?

I guess somebody decided to buy a bunch of coins (maybe they thought they were cheap but not going any lower) and then others overreacted (many of which are probably bots, looking at the crazy action in the order book.) I wouldn’t go further than this for an explanation :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

Indeed, yesterday there was a volume of 73 BTC @Poloniex and now 111 BTC in 5 minutes.

Over $700,000 now, not bad. Might be a pump and dump too, since there is no news or rumours, as far as I know. And Nick Lambert using the pitch money to ignite a maid moon shot… Naaah… A little far fetched, I guess. :wink:

2 Likes

I think the Bitcoin boom was because of a bunch of websites had huge volumes for BTC to fiat, and fiat to BTC, for the US, Europe, and China.

When Safecoin is released, will there be similar websites in place, for SAFE? Should people start building them now, or will we have to wait?

Obviously there’s The SAFE Exchange, but that might not be done immediately following the release of Safecoin (especially if the person who was originally going to build it decides not to, though I’m sure anyone can take up building it). Or will something like Safe Exchange be our only hope to have direct SAFE/fiat exchanges?

I’m just wondering this, because once Safecoin is released, there will be a big jump in price I assume.

…But not the biggest jump possible, which I think is only possible with much involvement in getting fiat/Safe to reality.

MaidSafe already organised agreements for SafeCoin to be traded by Poloniex,

And MaidSafe also has public plans to either build an exchange themselves or help fund / guide other people in getting them built

More exchange info in the roadmap

4 Likes

Would be great to see it listed everywhere. It will need to be super easy for users to obtain safecoin I.e via credit/debit cards (circle?) to allow them to quickly purchase more storage etc

2 Likes

I’ll be offering em $1,000 each :slight_smile:

Any purchase accepted! :smiley: just doing my part for the SAFE network!

Problem solved! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Even the reversible payment kinds? :wink:

Safecoins (once divisible in some way) will be different from BTC in that it isn’t just a settlement system, but it can handle a virtually unlimited number of simultaneous payments, and they are finalized immediately. There will be smart cards acting like a credit card, just probably faster. The switch from internet payments to real-life payments can be really easy, and that can drive adoption of Safecoins as a payment method better than an exchange or two.

3 Likes