MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

On the other hand perception is perception. :smile:

I think there may be wide range of fair price. Even if price per TB might seem too high, the exact same price might seem OK when syncing few hundred MB of photos from your phone for example.

Sometimes we choose in a very calculated way, and sometimes on a whim.

5 Likes

Itā€™s tricky to calculate even guesses. If some offer low price-point - below real market prices, the data getā€™s stored, but then those who want market prices are forced to accept ā€¦ so they leave the network, causing a shortage of storage ā€¦ the network then offers more tokens to bring more storage online.

So despite what price some will offer, the network in combination with the market will drive the price to what the market demands.

5 Likes

Yes, thereā€™s so many variablesā€¦

One practical example: On my phone I have several videos of me squatting heavy weights in the gym. I have shot them to check my form, and I donā€™t have much use for them afterwards. If I would need to make a backup of my phone manually, I would exclude at least most of them. But when I have automatic back ups set, I donā€™t really mind them taking up the space they do.

In a similar manner I think most individuals have a lot of information (and data), that they donā€™t handle so rationally. Decision are affected strongly by various reasons and doesnā€™t matter so much either way - even though on a closer inspection they might.

Companies, on the other hand, might handle their information and data in a more conscious way.

3 Likes

well, that doesnt happen very often. BTC drops around 10% over a 2 day period and MAID doesnt budge.

4 Likes

Will there be a poll to guess ANT price at launch and closest price wins a prize?

3 Likes

Make a smart contract and every vote in the poll is some tiny amount of eMAID and then winner gets 1/2, runner up gets 1/4 and 3rd & 4th get 1/8 ea

Oh wait - the GAS price kills off that idea

Itā€™s about time someone wakes upā€¦ 2.9m emaid mintingā€¦

7 Likes

Holy sh I hope that wonā€™t be dumped on bitmart in 1 go

3 Likes

Donā€™t be silly, would you dump $2m to get a few pennies ?

8 Likes

People with large filecoin holdings :smiley:

Wouldnā€™t worry. Lots more liquidity = price pumping. :grin:

Didnt sell before being in the wild id bet. ( live )
Were not there yet.

Iā€™ll help them out if they do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Down to ~0.58 USDT

https://www.bitmart.com/trade/en-US?symbol=EMAID_USDT

Fill yer bags!!

1 Like

well that escalated quicklyā€¦

escalated what?

1 Like

In respect to Fiat. You show the BTC without considering what BTC has done. While that shows some information it does lack the context of what affects people the most.

The context is that Maid was traded vs BTC most of its history.

The context you replied to was MAID vs Fiat.

History was traded against BTC on an exchange but people were taking the price of BTC and looking at it in that context, while others against BTC only. So in fact historically both vs BTC and vs Fiat. The above conversation though had the context of vs Fiat which you replied to

3 Likes

Where is this info tracked?