MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Thanks Southside - a whole bunch of work needed on the live/origin tokens across the board for sure! (on it)

4 Likes

I have seen dead people with a more active heartbeat than the tradingchart on bitmart the last daysā€¦

4 Likes

Without broader exchange access, I think itā€™s unlikely trade volume will pick up. The market would remain too risky for new entrants to meaningfully consider entering at scale, especially considering Maidsafe Exchange history.

Thisā€”despite the number of truly exciting developmentsā€” is likely part of whyā€¦

andā€¦

While it doesnā€™t make sense, IMO, to list Omni MAID, perhaps greater support for eMAID could help resolve this. Like data replication on Autonomi, exchange redundancy certainly helps to de-risk things.

6 Likes

I donā€™t know the process of getting eMaid listed but is it worth the time/money when the network token is potentially available in October?

4 Likes

I would say yes for (at least) two reasons:

• Facilitate growth of the community in support of a more robust network launch
  • Get ahead of the conversion of eMAID to / support the integration of Autonomi network tokens on exchanges
7 Likes

The whole point of eMAID was that we go ERC20 so that we get on more exchanges. Now that weā€™ve done it the only natural move is to get listed on various new places!

3 Likes

The point of an ERC20 token is to eliminiate the need for centralised exchanges.

Once autonomi launches successfully exchanges will list it eitherway.

4 Likes

I see a twofold issue,

1. Going through a bunch of effort and cost to get emaid listed at more exchanges when the network token launches in a few months. Effort better spent there and then.

2. Even if the team are in talks with other exchanges for emaid, they are not going to tell us untill it is ready so for all we know they are, and if they are not a handful of people saying they should is not going to make it happen anyway.

9 Likes

Think there will be a few more exchanges around launch, CEO Bux seems to be on it, she mentioned it as one of the criteria for her to invest in some if not remember wrong.

Donā€™t see that as a good argument as listing Emaid would give that any new exchange could be ready to switch to SNT.

1 Like

Bux has mentioned that SNT conversion will be supported by multiple exchanges. That most likely means 2 things:

1. Weā€™re getting an additional exchange before launch
  2. The effort isnā€™t wasted as the exchange will simply be part in the conversion and offer the network native token after.

The fact is, the more important the exchange is, the less the Autonomi team can mention untill itā€™s actually announcable.

7 Likes

I think the fact we can stay above $0.40 without a decent listing probably means weā€™d be well above $2 with a Binance or even Huobi or Kucoin listing. Coinbase would probably get us closer to $10.

1 Like

I hope you are correct, @Mightyfool, and I think @ariā€™s above comment is probably directionally true. Beyond price appreciation, it would give more people more comfort in getting onboard.

4 Likes

One of the drawbacks unfortunately is that it seems most people who have (e)MAID are holding and this reduces the availability of (e)MAID for trading and others buying. Hopefully this improves as we head for launch and the (hopefully) higher price will have the large holders release some of their holdings.

Weā€™ll be able to get an indication when we see more MAID being converted to eMAID.

2 Likes

Yes, this is also definitely true for me. I didnā€™t hold these coins for all those years, plus go through the hassle to convert to Emaid, to then simply sell at fifty centsā€¦ Maybe once weā€™re at $2, Iā€™ll sell some, but still it will only be a percentage of what I own.

Can it be that most holders think like this? So even if (e)maid is listed (before launch) on the largest exchanges e.g. Coinbase, Binance, Kucoin etc. liquidity remains low until price increases? Last time I tried to help and provide liquidity (altillyā€¦), i got scammed and lost my coins :joy:. Anyway, considering all that is planned for the coming year, price will most likely rise.

5 Likes

On the topic of adding more exchanges after going live: Does anyone see an issue with technical obstacles adding the DBCs and wallet management to the internal exchange APIs from a technical standpoint? As we are the first to use these (or are there others?), there surely is higher costs for exchanges compared to a new standard ERC20 token.

Itā€™s a fair point although I imagine exchanges will have an easier time integrating since thereā€™ll be no need to pay fees to sweep balances for all user deposits. On eth gas itā€™s a nightmare and for btc itā€™s not much better if you have a wallet with tonnes of inputs. Costs really ramp up. Also no need to interact with all the token smart contracts, just a simple autonomi token to deal with.

Assuming an exchange has decent key management then itā€™s just a case of generating a bunch of key pairs and autonomi will support multi sig etc too.

1 Like

Indeed, I did not take the lower running costs into account. Interesting point you made. I just saw the intial step to integrate a new token which works completely different to existing ones as a potential problem. The main reason why many wanted eMAID was the assumption that it would be easier to get exchanges on board (and being able to use DEX). Omni protocol was seen as a hurdle for exchanges. With the DBC the situation would not be any better than with Omni now.
But I guess we will have to wait and seeā€¦

1 Like

I would expect though that once they install the client then its simple issuing CLI commands to create a users wallet for their account and create a cold wallet.

For deposits the user sends to the wallet the exchange set up for them, the exchange uses the CLI to scan the balance, once the token is there they credit the userā€™s account in the trading DB, and move the tokens to their cold wallet via the CLI. To withdraw to the users own wallet is a CLI command to send tokens and debiting the users account in the trading DB.

I would expect that is a whole lot simpler than OMNI tokens and even BTC because there is no coin Node to maintain (to save on fees and not rely on 3rd party nodes). And for ERC20 or ETH again no need for maintaining a ETH node or smart contracts either.

Just simple CLI commands that can be wrapped by a script to do the major work. Key security is as simple or simpler than for crypto block chain.

That is my take on it.

The hard bit is the scripting to do that process.

4 Likes

Ideally thereā€™d be some sort of websocket/RPC approach to receive notifications of balance changes for watched addresses, otherwise may have to poll many wallets this way

At this time there is nothing sending any info on sends to the receiver. Remember no servers

So maybe the exchange needs to allocate resources to do this polling. One way to ease the load is the user themselves tells the exchange software of their deposit, then the exchange can poll that address once a minute for a set time.

3 Likes