MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

I have a good profit taken from some shitcoins in USDC and I will buy if it falls again to 0.3 :happyant:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like

After the next 2 testnets, I am hoping $1 will be a distant memory in the rear vision mirror

4 Likes

I mean we have kind of seen the testnet game already. Iā€™m not saying it wonā€™t happen but Iā€™m not sure that testnets are the answer to sustain price increases.

5 Likes

I think the impact that testnets have on price is overstated and as we have seen, short-lived.

4 Likes

The most important thing now is to see a stable test network and a rollout of Fleming. After Fleming is released, it will be much easier to get listings in bigger CEX and use social media to get more followers. I still think we have a chance to see a big price increase during this bull cycle if we see Fleming this summer. But of course, the big price increase will surely come after release and in the next bull cycle in 2024 and further in 2028. The price today is less important in the big picture but adoption will go slower with a continuing low price through this bull cycle.

7 Likes

Is there going to be an ERC20 conversion (thus inevitably more exchanges listing MAID) before the transition to Safe Network Token? I mean, I probably wonā€™t get on that train, since I donā€™t trade anymore (and assuming that those still on the Omni protocol will be able to transfer). But if so, I wonder which test network will instill confidence to do that.

1 Like

A stable, fast one, that has a simple user interface, easy enough for old people to figure out, which is all in the works, cheers

4 Likes

The exchanges require major funding and marketing, it wonā€™t happen magically

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Poll]: full OMNI to ERC20 swap

Maidsafe - UK based crypto rejected at exactly Ā£1 ($1.37ish). This will certainly be a resistance point again when we get there. If you are an investor/trader/whale - might be worth asking yourself whether: 1) itā€™s worth setting a sell order at around this level again (yes I know you did it the other week), or 2) freeing up the sell wall at this level - when this price point is breached itā€™ll be price discovery to the upside, probably non-stop for a long while, so do think twice about where the price might go when thinking to sell at that level!

Fun fact about other crypto - if the $1 or $2.50 resistance points are breached, they often reject at $1.37 or $2.74 - this is what I call the UK trader/whale resistance point.

2 Likes

I moved the erc20 conversation to its topic.

I realise it cut into a conversation but tried to cut it where it turned into the erc20 conversation, forgive me if it seems a bad cut. Anything else seemed worse.

here is the moved posts [Poll]: full OMNI to ERC20 swap - #497 by Dimitar

1 Like

Price is sliding on one third of normal turnover. People must think Doge is a good punt

A falling price with low volume doesnā€™t feel like a big sell off. Itā€™s more like an absence of buyers. 1300 sats may give support and send us back up on this wave.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll lead with ā€œI donā€™t get itā€¦ā€ MaidSafe is on the precipice of delivering one of the most transformative technologies to the world since Al Goreā€™s invention of the internet, yet continues struggling to add exchanges and is on the price decline again due to no marketing, and lack of interest. And in the other corner we have a coin developed in honor of someoneā€™s dog ā€œas a joke,ā€ it quickly adds dozens of exchange listings, then garners billons in investment for a coin with no intrinsic value, let alone a plan for value, solely on the back of Elonā€™s ā€œtips.ā€

Either someone with power to yield DOESNā€™T want this technology becoming successful, let alone ubiquitous; or they know it will transform the world economy and are manipulating it to hoard coins and control the market once it breaks out. I am in the camp that powerful people (Big Tech, National Governments, other World Governance entities) know about this project and are quietly tracking it. What I donā€™t know of course is what plans would they have for the Safe Network? Certainly it is a threat to their very real centralized-data-control power structure.

Nah, the answer is simpler than that. Those with power to yield either have never heard of this project and/or they think itā€™s impossible.

5 Likes

Or they will gaslight the masses into thinking itā€™s impossible. And sheep will believe them.

Despite many discussions and different postering, the team has said over and over again that delivering the product with a solid UX is their goal. I have yet to run into another project that doesnā€™t do marketing, promotion, add exchanges ect. I donā€™t think most people know about this project and I donā€™t think most people care. Two things have happened to make the above items less at the forefront. The team thought that the answer was parsec and ultimately that was not the answer when we thought launch was imminent. Follow that with the hiring of many people in many depts that ended up being let go to become more focused. I think those two main things have provided enough sense of ā€œfailureā€ to not promote anything or chase exchange listings until there is a deliverable.

12 Likes

Yes waveman352, thank you for the perspective. I know Sotros25 has been working hard on exchange applications. Itā€™s sad to see that those exchanges focus their criteria on marketing and hype to pump activity and transactions (fees) vs coins that are attempting real technological innovation. But like many previous posters have said, hopefully the coming crypto market will experience its own ā€œred weddingā€ moment and only the coins with strong, usable technology will survive. Maidsafe being one, if not the THE one. Iā€™m still on the $600 train :steam_locomotive: ALL ABOARD! :wink:

8 Likes

Iā€™m on the same train and @Sotros25 has done amazingly hard work in terms of exchange reach out and marketing but that full responsibility should not be on her as many have stated before. I feel like itā€™s a double edge sword at the moment because there are a lot of project, doge not withstanding, that while there tech is really very basic or not impressive, it does exist and unfortunately that is more than maid can currently show the world. You either have to have a product people can see, touch, use or feel or have marketing to push the narrative. We currently have neither so itā€™s hard to gain attention.

6 Likes

I saw CZ reply to people criticizing Binance for listing these flavor of the month coins over projects with actual merit.
His response was basically if the masses want x they will list it.

It is hard to argue that, exchanges are a business and if thousands of users request a product that is what they will provide.

Perhaps we should question the users, not the exchanges.

4 Likes