MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Price is everything, you do want a price to prove itself.
Right now, for instance buying silver at these levels makes no sense. There is clear resistance until we break above 27.50, if you wanted to be ultra conservative, the time to pull the trigger is likely when it rises above 30 again. Price levels are created, proved, then go on to the next rung but time and price are key.

Everyone’s logic is different.
I think it’s crazy to say silver is a bad buy now but a good buy when it costs more.
Ppl need to evaluate what they think a product is worth and not follow the crowd.

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Retail Hallucinations

Yeah - one of those weird counter intuitive phenomenons… Higher price leading to higher perceived value and more trustworthiness …

For some people of course… Not all. I was happy to buy at low levels :gem::gem:

4 Likes

To me, the potential downside is 100% either way, but for higher market cap assets the probability of the 100% loss is likely lower.
I guess the proper way to evaluate would be generating an expectation value, asigning probabilities to various future valuations. But these estimates will vary greatly from person to person, particularly when in comes to low market cap assets.

1 Like

It looks staged to me but for what purpose? To manage the price upwards?

I think you are misunderstanding me, if silver fails to pass this resistance it’s my opinion that it’s going much lower. Therefore I would rather test that, if I am wrong it’s only a few bucks, if I am right, there is a lot more I can buy at lower prices.
In the case of would be buyers of maidsafe they might not necessarily want to buy at much lower levels as they will regard it as a time tested failure but will then be looking at what happens upon retest.
Price really is everything, whether you were an early adopter or one of such people looking to get into projects on the rise.

1 Like

Were you quoting Burns there? :smile: I tried replying to you but discord told me off for @ing you 3 in a row… :grimacing:

Although I had my hissy fit and ‘left’ a few years ago, i’ve never stopped reading. It feels like there has been a definite switch the last few months. Whether its people coming to the end of their tether I don’t know, but there seems to be a greater level of impatience now, people seem to be expecting ‘moon’ asap as if that is the only important thing.

Curious what the panic is, getting in/out before the project might get ‘banned’? (remember all the btc dips when countries were banning cryto), or worried corporate funded DC Storage projects might be faster to market…?

1 Like

Thats what happens when two tribes go to err errr errr when the hard work of the geeks exciting tech spreads to the traders who buy in.
And then whine that they are not making the profit they think they are entitled to fast enough. I have cried several rivers for them - so much so I feel dehydration is a distinct possibility. Must stop now as I am on my way to the fridge.

2 Likes

Is this a whale driving the price down to scoop up some cheap(er) MAID?

90k for sale at 2100

1 Like

Feels like it right? Volume has been “high” all day compared to our norm.

2 Likes

And as fast as it appeared. the sell wall is gone . 20k at 23000 now an another ~20k at 2350. Volume is definitely up.

EDIT: I see someone took a 90k bite at the sell wall

3 Likes

You’re 100% correct. I think there’s probably more than one guy tossing it around though. Volume hasn’t been carried all day by one guy putting up fake walls.

1 Like

Well I will continue to play with a small % of my gambling stake at high sells and low buys and just nickel and dime my way to a larger hodl stash :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Over on P"BB"p the volume is quite disappointing.
Where are all the Yanks that were desperate to trade? * 0.875BTC on the BTC market, and a mere $42k on the USDT

There are some arbitrage possibilities but I dunno if its worth it really for the small sums Im playing with

• Maybe they just wanted to buy. I sold some MAID at a nice wee profit but there is no volatility so no surfing to be done

There is no sell side really at the moment. I just personally took out a small block around $1.29 just to grab a few. Last Thursday morning I was able to put limit orders in and sellers eventually started taking out a decent amount of it but even with willing to pay the price I probably got a total of 5,000 coins and it took substantial effort.

3 Likes

Oh it was you? Thanks pal - muchos appreciado - as they probably dont say in Brazil :grin:

1 Like

Haha. I haven’t had access for like 2 years so to pick up some here and there is fine by me and if the price drops I’ll be there for that too.

4 Likes

mine won’t :slight_smile:

Put up a real block for $1.29. I’ll happily buy it.

1 Like